It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Democrats Say Balancing the Budget a Bad Idea:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

I wish you were actually right, I truly do, honestly, but when you know what is going on in the nation, the government and you understand economics you know that is just wishful thinking like I had when I voted for Obama 4 years ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Lol I have been around ...

Once you figure out what the "real" problem is only then can you work on a solution to remedy it. This is why I am working on my BS in History then heading into Law school. I won't take the Bar oath .... I can't my Oath is to the Constitution for the united States.

The rabbit hole goes so deep and so far back that even some of the best researchers miss the point.

I have a friend that is in his 70's and he is a true Sovereign Citizen he has been arrested many times only to be found by the Jury to be not guilty on a whole bunch of BS charges. The latest was sending an "IOU" to a local city court over a parking ticket for $300 when you factor in court cost. Because he sent it through the mail the fed went after him on mail fraud charges and the city dropped its case. He won his case and recovered his expenses from the city for violating their own law on the books. The truth is a powerful tool I haven't figured out why or how he still alive.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I wish you were actually right, I truly do, honestly, but when you know what is going on in the nation, the government and you understand economics you know that is just wishful thinking like I had when I voted for Obama 4 years ago.

There is a LONG time to consider in the future.
We will come around, but we will have to examine greed
And reject it as a national instituion first.

Modern Conservative politicians are the inside force that
Work SPECFiCALLY for the banks, thy initiated the legal
Framework to defraud this nation when they lanced Glass-Steagal
On purpose.

I know you are done with Obama, but he is light when you size
Him next to the GOP cabal.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I should have gone into constitutional law, rather than business administration, but hell I am a product of the late 70s early 80s so that was hot back then.

is nothing better than knowing the law to get back to those that practice it in the government.

edit on 3-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Thanks president for the post, I trust no politicians now due to all the years of deceptions under the two party system we have now.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I voted for Obama 4 years ago.

Well you think you did .... but you didn't its all a scam the Electoral College (EC) voted for him. Your vote nor anyone else matters. Not for the POTUS.

I will be writing in Ron Paul knowing that here in Mississippi they will just throw it in the trash.

lets ask ourselves: What if an independent won the popular vote by lets say (I)= 36% (R)= 30% and (D)= 34% Then what?

Who would seat the Independents on the EC? Would they? I think not... They would come up with some BS like; only the 2 major parties can be represented in the EC.

POTUS elections are a sham!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Yes they are, we live in a corporate dictatorship, but as usual I am only human, for many years I have know that we do not elect presidents anymore the candidates are pre chosen, but as usual Obama was something new, new idea and actually appeal to me, I fell for it.

But no again, I wish we could vote for the corporations behind the government rather than the figurative presidents, like that we know who exactly is going to screw us the most.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
just keep spending.

great idea.

doesn't matter anyway, the system is going to collapse. It is just a matter on how much play money they want to continue to print.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I don't think you understand about funding. Tax cuts are not an unfunded expenditure, but entitlement spending is. The govt has to raise taxes to fund their programs and Obamacare merely steals funds from Medicare to pay for it's programs, which includes bureaucratic overhead. Also, the Obama admin has sunsetted Bush tax cuts next year, so if you think there's an economic recovery, just wait till 2013 when it's clear that the Bush cuts are no longer in operation.

www.indystar.com...
edit on 3-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yeah and how much taxpayer $$$$ money was spent on social programs like the "fighting poverty" or "obesity" or "social security"!

Before people start bashing the defense budget look at the social safety nets first, because my friends. They spend 10X more on those than wars!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just cancel all contracts with military contractors. Then cut out all technological advancement spending and space research. This should balance the budget. Also the government should stop buying any gold, that will also save a bundle.The government should not be buying gold at 1600 an oz. That is stupid.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Then cut out all technological advancement spending and space research.

You do know that will stop most progress in America right? The projects the Department of Defense are working on help fund and make the market place aware of new technological strides, if we cut funding for those programs that you call technological advancement and space research. We as a nation are done!

Let's cut Obamacare first then deal with the anti-gravity pen that costs Billions of dollars. If we can't repeal Obamacare then what's the point to trying to deal with the LARGER costs?

edit on 3-9-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I knew this garbage came from Faux News the moment I read the title. If you people are so smart why not solve the debt problem yourself? Why frantically find reasons to support "some guy" in the white house to fix it for you?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Just cancel all contracts with military contractors. Then cut out all technological advancement spending and space research. This should balance the budget. Also the government should stop buying any gold, that will also save a bundle.The government should not be buying gold at 1600 an oz. That is stupid.

Look how many jobs that would cut! Obama admin will have to claim those as job losses during his admin....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

After a week of withering attacks on President Obama's fiscal record, top Democrats on Sunday defended the president's plans for shaving down the deficit -- but said balancing the budget now would actually be a bad idea.

Dems Defend Obama on Budget:

The way I see liberals address this issue is the same way I see a gambling addict buy more lottery tickets in hopes of winning to pay off his debts.

~LR

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I guess to me, when you do not have debt you can more freely spend money. When the government is not in debt there's less need for other countries and taxes can be lowered because debts no longer need to be repaid. Excess surplus of income can be spent towards helping the poor and not covering interest. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

All those things are big government, big corporate give aways,
You guys can't walk this line and be taken seriously.

You are BIG government, as long as you approve of
It...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Sorry to state the obvious, but balancing the budget WOULD BE a VERY BAD thing. It would leave the United States 16 Trillion dollars in debt for all eternity. Rather conveniently, Obamas backers would be among those profiting from this unending debt bondage.

We need to tip the balance the other way, and pay back what we owe.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

When people hear "Defense spending or budget" they immediately think "military" people as usual thanks our political propaganda do not understand what it means.

The "military spending" is just a small part of the overall "Defense spending".

So cutting the defense no necessarily means Cutting the military it means leaving hundreds of thousand of people without jobs within the "defense budget spending" while the real spending of tax income goes to finance and support the many 40 and more foreign countries that US support within the Defense budget.

Actually while within the Defense budget taxes pay for creation of jobs the money stays within the economy, but the spending oversea is tax income lost that never comes back to the US economy.

So all those trillions of dollars spends on war financed by that part of the pie chart that goes to Defense is waste and abuse

Leaving people without employment in the US doesn't fit the problem it only adds to the growing welfare state, where more taxes are needed to support services but no tax is generated.

The government is not cutting the military per say actually is increasing the spending until 2017, and so the budget for the 40 something countries that US support, but what is cutting is part of the defense budget that support employment in the US

Defense Budget Cuts Would Limit Raises and Close Bases

www.nytimes.com...

$100 billion cut in defense spending could eliminate 1 million jobs, including 750K in private sector

www.masslive.com...

Now this is the bombshell, while Americans will lose jobs and the economy will lose taxable income foreign policies will keep growing within the defense budget, this tax money is none refundable is income lost

Ready, Aim, Foreign Policy, Section 1206 of the Defense Department spending keeps growing yearly.
How the Pentagon’s role in foreign policy is growing, and why Congress—and the American public—should be worried

www.lawg.org...

edit on 3-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The Government is the largest employer last I checked, government is responsible
for providing pay checks for millions of people. These were your words.
The tax payer is responsible for millions of peoples paychecks. (this includes government employees tax dollars. also saying this to cover my arse)

edit on 3-9-2012 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Forgot some words

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join