It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Democrats Say Balancing the Budget a Bad Idea:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Today's democrats seriously need to go take economic lessons from Bill Clinton.
I didn't like the cuts he gave the military but by golly, back in the day he understood
the need to balance a budget.

Tax rate also of Clinton sounds good

cuts to bloated agencies, get more revenue from the top hoarders. Simple economics, the more taxes the top pay, the more likely they will keep their money tied up in investments to avoid the taxes, and as a byproduct, have jobs create.

I think America should eliminate taxes for the first $20,000 every person makes,
that way poorer people can be more self reliant and rich people get the exact same
benefit.

IMO

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
For those that say the republicans don't have a plan.

Romney has a plan to balance the budget by 2050, since the lame-o democrats don't want to balance the budget, this is the best idea we've got so far that has bipartisan support!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

did george bush and dick balance the budget? im not even including the wars that were not part of any budget they put out.

no they did not, so quit acting like its just the dems who dont give a crap!

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Romney has a plan to balance the budget by 2050

im sorry but LOL!
edit on 3-9-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Romney has a plan to balance the budget by 2050, since the lame-o democrats don't want to balance the budget, this is the best idea we've got so far that has bipartisan support!

2050? 38 years from now? How about something in our lifetimes. Let's see a link for this budget.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Did Obama? Please. Straw man arguments are lame just like the democrats "Budget"

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So what's better to vote for a plan that could pass, or vote for the guys that have no plans or immediate ideas to do this?

I say try the republican plan at least they have one!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

So what's better to vote for a plan that could pass, or vote for the guys that have no plans or immediate ideas to do this?

Do some checking the Dems did pass a budget. And what makes you think Romney's plan would pass?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I love it how the Democrats like to make it seem like their candidate is much different then Romney, but like Romney, he is a turd.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What budget are you talking about? If i recall Obama budget failed horrendously. As in no one voted for it!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

After a week of withering attacks on President Obama's fiscal record, top Democrats on Sunday defended the president's plans for shaving down the deficit -- but said balancing the budget now would actually be a bad idea.

Dems Defend Obama on Budget:

So I have a question for those of you still on the fence. If your main concern is supposedly the economy and the spending of government why would you ever vote for a party that DEFENDS spending and NOT balancing the budget? Voting for Obama will give you more spending and more taxes!!!!!!!

If your main concern is spending of Government, you should be voting for a party that is willing to stop the unfunded tax cuts for the richest Americans, and slash the defense budget.

Right now, USA is spending more on their laughingly called "Defense department" than the 17 next largest countries COMBINED.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by elitegamer23

Did Obama? Please. Straw man arguments are lame just like the democrats "Budget"

did i say obama balanced the budget?

who was the last president to balance the budget?

tell us again how romney will balance the budget in 2050.

will the guy even be alive then?

where are these mitt romney plans you talk about? i dont think he has put anything major out there since he has been running for president. his whole platform is he is not obama and that seems to be enough for most republicans.

edit on 3-9-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Today's democrats seriously need to go take economic lessons from Bill Clinton.
I didn't like the cuts he gave the military but by golly, back in the day he understood
the need to balance a budget.

Tax rate also of Clinton sounds good

cuts to bloated agencies, get more revenue from the top hoarders. Simple economics, the more taxes the top pay, the more likely they will keep their money tied up in investments to avoid the taxes, and as a byproduct, have jobs create.

If wedo Clintons tax rates, then the same spending (1993) should be enacted.

Just copy the spending budget for 93.

No, will however agree with the 1997 budget, the thing that had a path to balance, surplus, and strong economy.
Why would I want the disaster that Bush Sr left behind.

In 1992, 10 million Americans were unemployed, new job creation was slow, and wages were stagnant. Other nations’ high trade barriers limited the ability of American businesses and farmers to sell their goods abroad and hampered economic recovery. Our trade policies failed to reflect our values by failing to take into account the responsibility to protect our environment, eliminate child labor and sweatshops, and protect the rights of workers around the world

Funny how whenever a republican presidency ends, the economy is in the gutter, a dem needs to come in and sort it out. getting tired of this nonsense.

"My colleagues and I have been very appreciative of your [President Clinton’s] support of the Fed over the years, and your commitment to fiscal discipline has been instrumental in achieving what in a few weeks will be the longest economic expansion in the nation’s history."
— Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve Board Chairman, January 4, 2000, with President Clinton at Chairman Greenspan’s re-nomination announcement

"The deficit has come down, and I give the Clinton Administration and President Clinton himself a lot of credit for that. [He] did something about it, fast. And I think we are seeing some benefits."
— Paul Volcker, Federal Reserve Board Chairman (1979-1987), in Audacity, Fall 1994

We can't afford right wing destructOnomics. How many times do we need to have the numbers showing what happens when the right leads economics...it simply doesn't work. Its gone past consideration and is now insanity.
Globalization has destroyed the potential trickle down economic strategy..it may have worked a hundred years ago, but catch up already.

Not to say that the current setup is somehow going to get better and more progressive to todays reality..corporations are making the choices for both partys..the dems are failing at protecting, and the reps are not trying to protect but rather further the corporations..thats the differences in partys.

So ya, lets hit the time warp back to 97 then. sound policy, strong economy, and from there we work on it more (because things change from year to year) and build up responsibly.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Putting it off to 2050 does nothing!

The fact is that just the interest on our Debt will far surpass the current budget level by 2050. The only solution is to stop borrowing money we can re-pay and stop spending on BS like DHS and Global domination.

The fiscal can was kicked off the cliff long ago and now we are only beginning to see its effects. You can have a balanced budget today by cutting off all foreign aid and reducing the Federal government to its minimum size possible. This can be accomplished by removing all agencies that duplicate services. The Department of Education for example serves no function at all. States have done that from the beginning of government controlled (re)education.

We need to wake the FOXTROT up and smell the crap!

We are a nation that has over borrowed and overspent our ability to re-pay. Sooner or later we will default and the global bankers will openly own us like the chattel property we have become.

Let me make this as clear as I can:

There is no politician that will fix the mess other politicians created.

We the people must fix this on our own.

We did it in 1776 and we can do it again.

ETA

We do not have to use violence. The Government has the market cornered on it already. But we can have a nationwide strike where no one works for lets say a week. Imagine how much chaos that will cause if only 20% participate. I think that will carry the message across to stop and listen to we the people. Once we have their attention order them to reduce the Federal Government to the size it was in 1910. Eliminate the federal reserve and issue honest money.
edit on 3-9-2012 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Let me make this as clear as I can:

There is no politician that will fix the mess other politicians created.

We the people must fix this on our own.

We did it in 1776 and we can do it again.

Bingo

You can fall flat on your butt and turn blue trying to explain to people with minds already set with all the political lies that candidates tells about how their presidential term will fix the economy, but people can not understand most of it because to understand it requires a bit of economic understanding.

You are right on.

I wish people will first take that bit of information before trusting politicians[/b.

The way our nations is economically right now, is not way in hell that the budget and the promises of fiscal responsibility can be addressed.

That is why betting on the future appease most peoples mind even it the projections will not even be in the lifetime of the politician and the tax payers.

Thanks for such a nice post.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
I love it how the Democrats like to make it seem like their candidate is much different then Romney, but like Romney, he is a turd.

You will be voting for the lesser of two evils. So, which evil do you prefer ??? That is the Question !

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What he says is exactly true...trying to balance the budget RIGHT NOW is a horrible idea.

And do you know who agrees with him....Paul Ryan...who's budget that the Right loves wouldn't balance the budget until sometime between 2050 and 2065...that's right...50+ years from now.

So...what's the issue...the two sides are actually agreeing.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

To make it simple, it will never be in our life time, unless you are a new born right now.

By then the predictions will be right into the next century.

edit on 3-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What he says is exactly true...trying to balance the budget RIGHT NOW is a horrible idea.

So...what's the issue...the two sides are actually agreeing.

WHAT?

Have we even had a budget in the past 3 years????

This is OUR fault! We gave them the power and we have failed in our civic duty to keep it in check.

Of course both sides agree Its all a big ponzi scheme 2 sides same coin. They take different paths but the overall agenda remains unchanged.

We are having our nations and our personal wealth given away to private bankers that control both political parties. Watch and see if there was a year for a independent to run this is the year. Watch and you will see how both the rival gangs that masquerade as political parties will team up against the outside independent. The Owned and Controlled media has already proved this fact time and time again.

We must be the change we want to see in the world.

We can fix this; the politicians cannot!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

To make it simple, it will never be in our life time, unless you are a new born right now.

By then the predictions will be right into the next century.

edit on 3-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

America can always come around and reject this debt.
Thank goodness we have a government,

Progressives will be the ones to do it, Republicans will fight
It because the banks will program them with FOX news

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

My gosh, were have you been all my time here in ATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad to see somebody that understand were we stand and the mess we are in, I can't barely post due to my excitement of somebody that knows what he is talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join