It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot Unarmed Men In Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well the 2 idiots did have a toy gun in the car. I'm pretty sure it had the orange tip on it as dictated by california law. 33 shots fired. The passenger is hit 5 times 'on accident.' At least the patrolmen are off the streets until the truth can be found. I would hazard a guess that's due to the recent public outrage by the citizens of Ca over the recent publicity with abuse of power.

Believing he was going to shoot, the officers fired their weapons at the suspect, who remained crouched behind the car door.
The man did not comply with officers' demands to show his hands, and instead reached into the vehicle toward the center console, police said.
The officers opened fire a second time and the driver slumped over.
The driver, 23-year-old Mario Ramiro, was taken to the Kaiser Permanente’s Vallejo campus where he later died.
The passenger, 21-year-old Joseph Johnson,was struck by a bullet or shrapnel in the buttocks and transported to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, where he underwent surgery from being shot five times.

KTVU News Channel 2
edit on 2-9-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Sep 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Tell me how smart it was to pull a gun (or a toy that looks like a gun) on two police officers with REAL guns. This after taking an aggressive stance with the police?
When seconds count and a threat is clear, the officer will fall back on thier training. I would have taken the same action.
I don't care if it is a toy gun, bb gun, or a real gun; you have to assume in the 0.5-2 seconds the threat is real. What did this guy expect would happen?

The man lost his life from his own foolishness. It sounds like suicide by proxy.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Two officers......thirty two rounds fired.

Someone stopped to reload....

Ya think after twenty rounds fired, either of the officers might realize there is no return fire?

What?....Was the guy not dead enough with the first two clips?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

33 shots fired

Just 33. They are probably the crack marksmen on the force. Bet they look for large capacity mags since the men were apparently not dead at the scene.

And people worry about armed citizens...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We don't know what the other person was doing. I can dump a clip in about 10 seconds. Now add addrenalin and a certain amount of fear it quite feasible. The subject may have been nutralised with in the first couple of seconds; however, he was behind the door of his vehicle. Not saying it is ok to clear a whole clip, but all factors concidered, the incident could have been a total of 10-15 seconds.
Many agencies authorize 15 round clips for carry. It is not unusual to have one in the chamber. There's your 32 rounds.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Two officers......thirty two rounds fired.

Someone stopped to reload....

Ya think after twenty rounds fired, either of the officers might realize there is no return fire?

What?....Was the guy not dead enough with the first two clips?

hey...they are just protecting themselves, there might have been others in the trunk, hidden in the back seat....i'm surprised they ONLY fired 32...they should have sprayed that car...uzi style

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Video footage shows at least 33 shell-casing markers at the scene ... in the 100 block of Pepper Drive

That explains it...
edit on 9/2/2012 by roadgravel because: tag

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I do think its outrageous that it seems every police officer has to empty their clip everytime someone flinches, but I just wanted to give my reaction to your thread title. If you're behind the vehicle of a working, running automobile, then you are not unarmed... That being said, its absolute BS that a cop has to kill everything that moves like as if life is a video game...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Theres a damn good reason they only gave these idiots six shooters......NOW look whats happening......
The semi auto is just too easy to empty and too full of bullets for effective police work.....
They DID spray that car UZI style....a thirty round mag full.......the same as an uzi clip...
I say they are dupes in a suicide by cop case......just not very bright individuals............
edit on 3-9-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This sounds more like a hit to me, with planted weapons and even some extacy pills on the scene. And the mother confirms it, even though she will of course not be trusted over the police.

No way to know either way though. If anyone knows if this guy was involved in drug dealing, it would add a piece to the puzzle. He was probably not just some random guy.

edit on 3-9-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
From what I read he seemed more like the guy was trying to hide from the barrage of bullets.Where is anything said the guy pulled agun? Gun was found in thecar. Not on the dead guy.

top topics

join