It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$50 Million Each In Federal Funds to Secure RNC, DNC!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
DNC:

Amount in federal funds the city will spend on security for the gathering, expected to draw 6,000 delegates and 30,000 visitors: $50 million

With 30,000+ visitors expected at the DNC, that equals $1666 worth of security per person.

RNC:

Amount of federal money the Republicans received for their convention in Tampa, Fla., which begins Aug. 27: $50 million

With 50,000 approximate visitors at the RNC, that equals $1000 per person.

And we are confused as to why our country has fiscal problems? Only two protesters were arrested at the RNC convention this last week with very little trouble otherwise. Did they really need some government assistance?

Was it worth $50 million.

The DNC is about to kick off. How will they justify their federal handout?

A total of $100 million.....you got to be kidding me.

Link
edit on 2-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Hey buddy you gotta problem with creatin jobs!!

just kidding,,,,,, thats like if your a doctor and business is slow, cut of your friends feet to get some income doing the surgery,.,.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Does anyone really believe that all that money actually went into security at those events? I don't. I'd be willing to bet it was channeled elsewhere or is the term distributed? But the vast majority will eat it by the spoonful.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Does anyone really believe that all that money actually went into security at those events?

I'm sure it all went for security. Most conventions end with several hundred being arrested.

It looks as though the Republicans paid $25 million per person (2 arrested) and we will have to wait and see how the DNC goes.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by jaynkeel

Does anyone really believe that all that money actually went into security at those events?

I'm sure it all went for security. Most conventions end with several hundred being arrested.

It looks as though the Republicans paid $25 million per person (2 arrested) and we will have to wait and see how the DNC goes.

Oh I wasn't really following the situation that closely I stand corrected, well worth it for 2 arrests!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'll tell you all right now since I was there.

Security was OVERKILL.

Closed roads/freeways, large steel fences places around buildings, tons of police, national guard, state troopers, sheriff, horses, bicycles, drones, helicopters, cruisers, atv's, you name it they had it.

Nothing major even happened, it was complete overkill, an excuse for the PD to buy new toys and for Romney to feel like he is royalty.

new topics

top topics

join