It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden claims Romney wants war with Iran and Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Is Joe Biden crazy? i know many people have this opinion of him but now it seems he is trying to secure the right wing republican vote for mitt romney.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

(CNN) - Vice President Joe Biden claimed Sunday that Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential nominee, might engage in war with Syria and Iran if elected president in November.

why is Joe Biden talking about mitt in a way that will rally the right and the republicans behind mitt romney?
shouldnt he be out there trying to secure the votes for Obama.

does mitt romney even understand why he would want to go to war in iran or syria? should a guy who only pays 13% in taxes and wont even release his tax returns after talk of him not paying any taxes be allowed to spend the american tax payers money to start new wars?

one reason i was a Ron Paul guy was his stance on wars and the military. it would b so much cheaper to just over throw the government of iran through its people, then through bombs .

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Biden's just trying to rile up the Anti-War leftists that have been strangely quiet the last 4 years.

Where did they go?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Why exactly do we want to go to war with either place? Has the GOP ever heard of "sovereign nations"

Iran is no threat to anyone. Someone please, tell me the last time Iran has ever attacked anyone.

Syria is a different pickle, but again, not our problem, we shouldn't be so anxious to go to war. It's just not cost effective.

Besides, aren't we supposed to be broke? Why on earth should my tax dollars go to sending troops, supplies, weapons, and logistics overseas?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Biden's just trying to rile up the Anti-War leftists that have been strangely quiet the last 4 years.

Where did they go?

after the wars of the last 11 years id bet money that a majority of america is ready for a little time away from war.

yeah maybe the 'leftist' are anti war, but i think the people in the middle and the independents are also against war right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Joe is right.

Romney wants to bomb Iran, Syria and
Possibly rehash the cold war.

Romney is advised by the Same group
As Bush, as in he hired those guys for
Advice.

If any conservatives remember how it was in
Fall 2008 they will stay home in Nov. Romney
Has the same plan and advisors

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Where did they go?

Been here the while time.

Last I checked Iraq is wrapped up.

But more important, it is not smart to

To launch wars that you have no idea how

End in the first place

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Where did they go?

End in the first place

Yeah, not much going on in Afghanistan right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Maybe that's because Romney saber rattles about going to war with them. I take you did not listen to Romney's nomination speech? Had you, you'd not made such a goofy thread. Only thing Biden got wrong is that he should have added Russia too, another country Romney called out by name. At the very least he wants the Cold War renewed, so Biden is accurate.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Maybe that's because Romney saber rattles about going to war with them. I take you did not listen to Romney's nomination speech? Had you, you'd not made such a goofy thread. Only thing Biden got wrong is that he should have added Russia too, another country Romney called out by name. At the very least he wants the Cold War renewed, so Biden is accurate.

i was trying to be a little sarcastic, its kinda hard to do that on the internet.

for some of the people who claim to be republicans, all you need to do is say you want to go to war with any middle east country and they will say that is reason enough to vote .

kinda why romney is saber rattling.
edit on 2-9-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is not a secret. Biden gets a lot of grief....shades of Dan Quayle...but this is not a secret to anyone who has studied the position of the GOP and their bed buddies...the Military Industrial Complex. They NEED war to continue to suck away your tax dollars to buy more weapons at ridiculous prices.

Another military action in the Middle East is inevitable. We were warned about this by Eisenhower...the Military Industrial Complex makes waaaaay too much money off of our tax dollars to sit back and wait for someone to attack us...so they "create" panic to justify the buying of their products and services.

If and when we leave Afghanistan, it will only be a short matter of time till we will be dropping millions of dollars in ordinance and ammunition daily...Iran or Syria....they don't really care which.

Remember Libya? Those Tomahawks they were firing in cost about a million bucks each and we were firing up to 35 or more PER DAY!

Let that cash register in your mind think about that a few minutes and think about the percentage of mark up these private companies get for making those for us....think they are ready to get off that cash cow?
edit on 2-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm sick and tired of warmongers saying we have to go to war here or there.

Why can't we just withdraw the troops and leave things be until you know, someone actually attacks us?

I know, I know, no money in peace for the gun makers.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Where did they go?

End in the first place

Yeah, not much going on in Afghanistan right now.

Exactly why the public shouldn't be quick to get patriotic and
Idiot, now there is this mess.

top topics

join