It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this comming out of our star?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

And how can you tell from a 2d picture wether the tail is facing the sun or not? I know at a cursory glance it looks that way. But there are also a few angles this comet could be traveling which would make it look this way

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
My first thought would be maybe a comet?? But then again, who knows. Good find never the less

Probably not a comet bacause the tail of a comet should be facing away from the sun but from this picture it looks to me that the tail is heading from the object towards the sun! As if this object had somehow come out of our star itself! Maybe it is an invasion fleet coming to take what resources we have not wasted or maybe they are just coming to set us straight! Maybe they see us as a Virus and they are coming to rid the earth of this harmful virus! Maybe it's just a artifact in the CCD! Maybe it's just a very large meteor moving through the sun itself!
Maybe it's just time for us to concentrate on our lives instead of nonsense going on outside our relm of influence!
Or maybe not!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

Great Picture!! UFO's Coming

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Cosmic ray strikes on the CCD...again. One of the most important indicators being that they appear in a single frame. Not in the one minutes before. Not in the one minutes after.

sdoisgo.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Cosmic ray strikes on the CCD...again. One of the most important indicators being that they appear in a single frame. Not in the one minutes before. Not in the one minutes after.

If it's a camera glitch, it's not gonna be there for a minute ... next minute gone ... a hardware glitch is going to be there for a while, and continuously appearing.

And an "ionisation" ... hey, the Sun is shooting it out like it's being payed for it ... if it's there one second, and the next second it isn't ... brushing it off, is nonsense. It's just as much nonsen to brush them off as glitches, as it is to paint them as UFO's. Both cases, are "not-dealing-with-it".

That the "tail" may be a flair effect ... but if it is, there is something causing it. And maybe it isn't a UFO, but it sure as hell ain't just a glitch.

edit on 3/9/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

If it's a camera glitch, it's not gonna be there for a minute ... next minute gone ... a hardware glitch is going to be there for a while, and continuously appearing.
Do you know how a CCD sensor works?

That the "tail" may be a flair effect ... but if it is, there is something causing it. And maybe it isn't a UFO, but it sure as hell ain't just a glitch.
No, it's not a flare. Yes, something is causing it. Do you know how a CCD sensor works?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's Destiny.. the ship had to enter the star to power up it's systems.. I thought they were a billion light years away... wow.. maybe we'll get a season 3?

Seriously though.. have no idea. pixel error maybe...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hi OP. The picture you posted looks very similar to what is being discussed in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What it is? I don't know

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Nothing like Planet X or the sort, I would say it's a flaming rock shot out of the Sun.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If you accept that stars are stargates, then this could be something arriving in our solar system. Most of the reality about our universe is unknown to us, by design of those that repress our development but we will eventually understand it all. When we die, a small amount of our DNA(4-12 ounces) implodes completely and exits our body at the speed of light and enters the Sun. This imploded DNA is food for the Sun and without it, it would explode. The universe is not stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Your explanation is no fun. Even though it is probably correct it just isn't that interesting. You gotta get a little imaginative once in a while.
I couldn't say it was probably a camera glitch, you had already said that.

Seems to me that there should be junk, possibly hard coming out of the sun. Any reaction has some byproduct and cohesive bonds may make these things stick together. I think there is something else within the sun other than just gasses myself. I think it could have a small solid core.
edit on 3-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I use my imagination for things that matter.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I use my imagination for things that matter.

The glitch was caused by aliens behind the camera meddling with the lens

see, easy

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
To give my professional opinion as a professional photographer and someone who sees image artifacts every day, I'm honestly not so sure here. I'd have to see a higher resolution version of this image to be sure but it definitely looks like an object to me. I'm thinking possibly a meteor of some kind, perhaps on elliptical orbit and when this image was taken it makes it look lie it's coming around the sun, when in fact it's actually going around it --- optical illusion. That'd be my take on it but I'm not sure.

Going beyond reasonable assumptions perhaps a UFO that can harvest energy directly from the sun leaving it's orbit. ::shrug:: who knows.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yeah this is definitely a glitch. The perfect verticalness and the line ending in a pure white color are the big alerts. If it wasn't sheer white at the end there, I might be more inclined to believe but then again, it's still vertical with the image sensor so maybe not.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by powerdrone

I'm also a professional photographer and I can definitely say this is an artifact. If it was a meteor, it would be planet sized and we would know about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
To me it looks like a flare.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think it is an artifact. It is totally vertical, and this type of presentation, bright point image with streaky line is pretty much a textbook example of SOHO/LASKO artifacts.

Remember again, friends, this display is processed imagery designed to look at prominence and solar wind. It takes stars and planets and makes UFO's out of them, because the equipment is not concerned with those bright, point objects, and the video processing is totally involved in enhancing the solar data. Take it for what it is worth.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Why do some of you keep asking for phage? Can none of you think for yourselves that you need him to give you his best rational guess at what it is, so you can sleep better at night?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Obviously it's a Solarian light ship on its way meandering through the galaxy on its migratory route to feast with the Vegarians following the conclusion of their peace treaty....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join