It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obamas Already Preparing for Move to Hawaii in January 2013.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Barack and Michelle Obama will be moving to Hawaii in January of 2013 and preparations are now being made to purchase an estate in close proximity to land owned by the University of Hawaii, where the Obama presidential library and “political center” will be located.

UPDATE: Just found out that the asking price of the house they are looking at is most likely $35 million. Bobby Titcomb, the Hawaiian native who brings Obama “fish and poi” (that’s code for “weed and coke”) to the White House is most likely involved in the purchase of the estate on Oahu that the Obamas will most likely be moving into in January. Possibly watching Titcomb’s movements will give more clues as to which house, exactly, Obama will move to in January 2013.

Read more hillbuzz.org... 935

Well he isn't moving back to Chicongo, that's for sure! Sad he won't even put that money back into the city that gave him to platform initially to run this country. Really sad.

I believe a lot of Americans will be happy to see him leave and return to the place he was "born".

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
How did Obama earn that much Money, on a presidential Salary?

WHY does ANY President, have to make over 400 k, a year ?

Sorry, I find the hypocrisy, in these elitists, flaunting it, in the public's face, as laughable.

I am sure Romney is laughing also, that Obama has 34 million, to buy his "dream" home in Hawaii.

From community organizer, to multimillionaire in FEW years............

Irony of the American dream.............

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

#1 Political Authour: Barack Obama

Books: Audacity of Hope (2006); Dreams From My Father (1995)

Weeks on New York Times Best Sellers List: 270

Total copies sold: 4,650,000

www.thedailybeast.com...

4650000 x 30$ a copy: 139,500,000.00$

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I own both a pick-up truck and a boat and I'm more than willing to use both to help get him as far away from the mainland as possible.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Werent they giving his books away, on taxpayers dime?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't recall? Like everything else, most likley.. yes.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Then why does Forbes state they are only worth 6 million?

www.forbes.com...

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are millionaires, worth nearly $6 million by our count.

Forbes delved into the president’s latest financial disclosure report released on Tuesday and analyzed that report as well as prior ones filed each May the past four years to answer that question. Based on our research, the Obamas are actually worth less than they were last May, when Barack Obamapreviously filed.

As to be expected for the nation’s top politico and his wife, the vast majority of the Obamas’ fortune these days is held in plain vanilla U.S. treasurys, worth about $3.4 million. We figure he has $2.4 million in notes and $1 million in T-bills, lower than the $5.2 million in treasurys estimated off the May 16, 2011 disclosures, due to a drop in the value of their T-bills (T-bills were previously estimated in higher range on the disclosure form and have dropped). The Obamas also have nearly three quarters of a million in cash (this position moved up a bracket), $625,000 in mutual funds and ETFs, including about $300,000 in college funds for their girls, as well as a $90,000 in a State of Illinois pension fund.

The President’s hefty book royalties from “The Audacity of Hope” and “Dreams From My Father,” a big source of his wealth, are decreasing at a faster rate than we had estimated. In 2009, Obama’s book sales peaked and he grossed nearly $5.7 million, according to his income tax statement; by 2010, gross book revenues had dropped to $1.6 million. This year the amount he’s taking home in book sales is even lower: between $150,000 and $1.1 million, according to Tuesday’s disclosure report.

Even if his current earnings stayed consistant, he couldn't possibly afford a house that expensive. I'm not sure what the down payment is on a 35M house, but it would seem it should be at least around 20%, which would leave them virtually broke. And they can't take a gamble on his "future" speaking engagement figures. Hmmmmm, HMMMMMMMMMM

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

www.forbes.com...

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are millionaires, worth nearly $6 million by our count.

That's all I need to read. His memoirs will sell millions around the world. 100k per speaking event.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

From community organizer, to multimillionaire in FEW years............

Irony of the American dream.............

Anyway, Barrack Obama is not uber rich but he’s not doing too shabby – according to this analysis : he has claimed an “income” no more than 358K in any one year since 2004.

Astonishingly his personal net worth has increased from an estimate between $200,004 to $400,000 in 2004 LINK to somewhere between 2.8 million and 11.8 million dollars in 4 years (not data for 2011 as of yet. LINK.

So even if he didn’t spend a dime he’d have (you know to feed himself and the kids and buy a tie or something) taken between 200-400k in assets and roughly 1 million in claimed income and transformed it into a nest egg of somewhere between 3-12 million dollars. I am no financial wizard but that is a fantastic rate of return on his investments. I know men who would drool over such returns on theirs – me being one of them.

I don't begrudge politicians their personal success. I do question the validity of his investments - hardly anyone has returns in that range. IMO all the politicians are corrupt - heck it’s not even illegal for them to act on insider trading. Neat to be able to give oneself an exemption from the law...

Increasing ones net worth by a factor of between 14 and 29 times in 4 years – now that is some shrewd investing there folks. I wonder did he have some insider information or something. Or say unclaimed “gifts” or other benefits…. Just a thought.

I wish he’d take that approach with our national assets don’t you? I wonder if he could apply this investment savvy to say the Social Security fund or Medicare trusts or hell the investment US assets in general.

I am quite certain we’d all appreciate an increase in our nation’s net worth by a factor of 14-29 times.

Sadly this is the norm for politicians – our State Senator a Republican entered into the Senate with a net worth of 174k and in 3 years turned it into a little over 700 thousand. Again an amazing return on investment. If they can do this with their personal wealth how come we as a country are bleeding money like a sieve? If they are that good at money management why can’t they work that magic to our advantage?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I hope they will become full time residents of Hawaii in January as well.

Two shootings on their block in Chicago last week. I really can't say I would want to stay there either

sad eyed lady

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It seems the only one who benefited from the Obama Presidency, was Obama himself.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Well, considering his known income avenues, where is the money coming from to buy this so-called property?
edit on 3-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

www.forbes.com...

That's all I need to read. His memoirs will sell millions around the world. 100k per speaking event.

Somehow, I don't think so. If the Government has to buy copies of his books and donate them to the low-income, I'm pretty sure his speaking opportunities are limited as well. Who want's to hear from a loser? Really, I don't know anyone who would take economic advice from him. Just saying. And if i's true that he is buying a 35M home in Hawaii, then every American should question him. I promise you, something is wrong!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

www.forbes.com...

You think he can afford a 35M home???? Prove why that is possible....please.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Writers don't get the full sale price of a book, so $30 per book sale is hardly accurate.

And someone who is as famous as he is can make money simply by giving speeches for the rest of his life. He and his wife are both Ivy-league educated lawyers and would never have been middle class in any event. Even if they have bought land in Hawaii, that doesn't mean he's planning on moving there in early 2013. Perhaps now seemed like a good time to buy, real estate-wise. And has it occurred to you that this house could be set up with full electronic and security measures, much like a Hawaiian White House?

You don't think George W. Bush is living in a plain house with a Westec sticker out front, do you? They had to buy the house next door and fill it with Secret Service agents, and build a gate across the end of his street to protect his sorry ass for the next however many years...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by RELDDIR

Well, considering his known income avenues, where is the money coming from to buy this so-called property?

He will get a zero or near zero interest loans not available to the rest of us as a kickback for some legislation that saved a banker some money. Happens all the time. Look at Dodd and Frank or any politician for that matter - you think they go through a loan process like the rest of us?

ETA: later at some point when people forget the company will write the loan off and claim it as a loss and bill the taxpayers. Its a neato scheme. Also, any money donated to his campaign after a certain time period I think 10 years becomes his to spend as he wishes.

edit on 6/9/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join