It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

encrypted winrar files???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
hello...

i downloaded (legaly) a winrar file and when i tried to extract it, it says i need to enter a password to un-encrypt it or something

does anyone know how to open it / any help at all???

thanks...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
RAR Password Cracker

But lets jsut say...hypothetically...that this RAR came off BitTorrent or some other source. The password is USUALLY somewhere in the filename of the RAR, be it a URL or something else. It usually is.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
RAR Password Cracker

But lets jsut say...hypothetically...that this RAR came off BitTorrent or some other source. The password is USUALLY somewhere in the filename of the RAR, be it a URL or something else. It usually is.

lol, hypothetically, the password is in the file but there are two folders and multiple files and passwords for each...

when i enter one password it messes up...

i will try this program...

thanks, ill update...

E_T

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
when i enter one password it messes up...

i will try this program...

How it messes it? have you checked you have newest version?

If password is longer (10 characters&over) it might take "little" time to crack it.
From what I've heard encryption used in RAR is pretty strong.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
what do you mean E_T???

i don't know the password and that program does not help because the password will be a site...

any ideas???

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Other than a password cracker and ignoring the possibility of a torrent, etc. Have you tried to contact the person you got the file from? At work people do this ALL the time and forget to tell the recipient what the password is (I used to work for the help desk so they would call me to find out what it was :shk: )

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
the only way you can open them without a brute force cracker is ask somone whos knows the PW or the orginal uploader
most files with PW on them are usally just massive files that contain nothing but has a password on it to fustrate the downloader

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Some time ago I downloaded from net one good film in rar archives and when I started to extracting my files,all of it were damaged! But I accidentally found in net-rar file header,and tool helped me very qucikly.Moreover program is free as far as I know and can too uses advanced technologies to access and scan corrupted files in RAR format.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
hello...

i downloaded (legaly) a winrar file and when i tried to extract it, it says i need to enter a password to un-encrypt it or something

does anyone know how to open it / any help at all???

thanks...

Yesterday my friend recommended to me next tool-corrupted rar what to do and I decided to try it.And to my surprise utility recovered all my corrupted rar files in seconds and did it free of cost.Besides application showed me how solve problems with encountered CRC errors and other failures, when opening sfx and RAR archives.

new topics

top topics

join