It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting suspect has to try twice to get arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Shooting suspect has to try twice to get arrested

www.msnbc.msn.com

DETROIT — A man suspected of fatally shooting two men and seriously wounding two others had to turn himself in twice before Detroit police would arrest him, authorities said.

Detroit police said the 36-year-old man got into an argument at a party on Saturday, retrieved a gun and opened fire. Four people were shot, and two died. The man turned himself in at a fire station about two hours later, and fire officials called police, but no officers turned up.

Police said in a statement that "due to area patrol units being busy handling high priority runs, no units were dispatched to the location."

The man eventually went to a police station, where he was arrested.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/2/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
HIGH PRIORITY RUNS!!??!!??

This guy shoots and kills two people; now I know I have not worked the road in awhile, but I have supervised those that do, and I am here to tell you a shooting/murder suspect turning himself in IS A HIGH PRIORITY

Things have changed and I know the economy has caused cut backs even in the police force, but somethings are important enough to drop everything and respond to. This would be one of them in my opinion.

I remember a time when ANYTIME we got a call from the fire department, we made that a priority as well.. Brothers in danger kind of thing.

I'm just glad I am at the end of this career

Semper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
sounds like he should of just pulled the gun in the firestation long enough for them to call the cops and then hand it over or even had the firefighters drop him off since he wanted to be taken into custody. but a double murder isn;t worth sending a car out to secure prisoners/evidence show what they think of the rule of law

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
gotta love the PC rhetoric that never ceases to amaze or bewilder ...

due to area patrol units being busy handling high priority runs
it tells you all you need to know without telling any damn thing at all.

high priority runs ?? running what, drugs, guns, numbers, donuts ??

If and when a surrendering criminal isn't a priority, there should be a press conference demanding a detailed explanation ... imho, they'd have an awful lot of 'splainin to do.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
must have been sale at Dunkin Donuts ....
not sure whats more amazing ... the guy kills two people then turns himself in ... or the police that couldnt be bothered to take him into custody...

with the attitude the police showed he probably would never have got caught if not for turning himself in ...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
they might have been busy holding down 75 year old grandmothers & shooting the pets while searching for ganga man
its time to leave dodge pilgrims

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Murders cost Detroit Money therefore not a High Priority. Drug arrests and petty stuff keeps em busy while the really evil guys just kill each other. It's the only way the department survives down there. Anyone who lives within an hour of Detroit can tell you things are getting rough around here. I won't even go into Detroit anymore. Not even to aTigersor Red Wings game. Criminals own Detroit, not the citizens. The corruption there is still running rampant even with the former Mayor about to go on trial on Federal Corruption charges. Hearing this story today did not surprise me one bit.

new topics

top topics

join