It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies About Iran Are No Different Than The Lies About Iraq - When Will We Learn?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Allow me to get one thing out of the way. This thread isn't being created because I am an "Iranian apologist", or someone who hates my Government or country. I have served it, hold no regrets in doing so, and would again in a heartbeat if given good reason.

Like actually defending America, for instance.

In 2003, the U.S. invaded Iraq over a diagram that depicted a Mobile Weapons Laboratory which turned out to be a fictitious threat.

In February 2003 the then Secretary of State Colin Powell gave a presentation before the United Nations showing a computer generated view of what the laboratories looked like.

In May of this year, another diagram surfaced. This time not of mobile labs in Iraq, but one of an alleged nuclear testing chamber in Iran.

The computer-generated drawing was provided to The Associated Press by an official of a country tracking Iran's nuclear program who said it proves the structure exists, despite Tehran's refusal to acknowledge it.
Drawing may provide insight into Iran's nuclear intentions

This image, as far as I know, still remains the best "proof" presented that Iran is seeking to build Nuclear weapons, and it's not nearly as good as the Mobile Labs graphic was! Surely they could do better than this?

When will we learn?

Israel: The Nation That Cries Bomb - Is not a signer of the Non-Proliferation Treaty and is believed to own between two hundred and four hundred nuclear weapons, themselves. Did you know this?

Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons

A hundred and ninety parties have signed the NPT, including Iran.
Only four parties known or believed to possess nuclear weapons have not signed it. North Korea, Pakistan, India and Israel.

Isn't that ironic?

I don't know a lot about the man (or the website he runs) that created the following video, but he seems to share the same opinions that I do regarding the Iran situation, and watching it inspired this thread.

Have a look, consider the facts, along with recent history to form your own opinion.
I certainly won't fall for it a second time.
"Fool me once, shame on Bush. Fool me twice? No thanks, Netanyahu."

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I agree with you and the methods used to justify conflicts are completely ridiculous to me in some cases, like the ones you have mentioned.

I find these Images and presentations are purely for the public at large to satisfy their own misgivings. These decisions to make war are made in dark, smokey backrooms where the gritty details are hammered out.

I am currently reading "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins, in which i will be posting a review for all later, which describes the manipulation, creation and falsified information used to glorify economic forecasts for under development nations. In turn, these countries would be allowed loans far in excess of what they actually need and the nation soon becomes the victim of crippling loan payments as well as being indebted to Western nations.

My point in referencing the above is that misinformation happens all over the world and for some reason people buy hook, line and sinker. The creation of these images, as you have alluded to, are in my opinion, a piss poor attempt at once again justifying further conflict in the middle east.

Thanks for posting the info, let it serve as a reminder of when the government tried to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.....again.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The lies about Iran will be believed, because we have a different puppet in office. Most Americans think that with every new president comes "change" when in reality they are all the same.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
No one knows if Iran is building a Nuclear Weapon.

They are NOT allowing UN Inspectors into every site. 4 sites were blocked exclusively.

What do they have to hide?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I agree, but it seems like they are being overly difficult and with the Americas track record, why would they risk inciting a retaliation, unless they truly have something to hide.

In my opinion the easiest way to avoid facilitating any justification for the aggressor is just to be as open as much as possible with the global community.

Have the Arab league inspect, that would be a good start.
edit on 2-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm not advocating an attack on Iran but I highly doubt those Iranian Scientist are all squirreled away in those secret bunkers that they wont allow those inspectors to investigate are playing Worlds of Warcraft.

Just saying is all...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

But would you be inclined to agree that it is Irans motivation to be as difficult as possible when it comes to Israel and America? They do end every speech with death to Israel and death to America, perhaps they just continuing to play their role....If so a dangerous game.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Have the Arab league inspect, that would be a good start.

If Iran implemented its Additional Protocol then the IAEA would do it quite happily. If Iran doesn't want the IAEA nosing around such places then they're hardly about to let the Arab League in instead.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
In answer to the actual thread question. When will we learn?

Most of us learned a long time ago. But unfortunately we are not in charge.

WE will only learn when our country gets the sh** kicked out of it for a change. When Ours is the country being invaded with only a computer generated image as evidence (and the obligatory fear/war mongering testimonies of our politicians).

Perhaps Iran is a threat. But from where I am living, I am far more afraid of what our own governments are doing.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'm not advocating an attack on Iran but I highly doubt those Iranian Scientist are all squirreled away in those secret bunkers that they wont allow those inspectors to investigate are playing Worlds of Warcraft.

Just saying is all...
So you would be just as worried with Israel hiding nukes right?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Its been over 2000 years we've been attacking ourselves based solely from greed and corruption. Don't expect change overnite. To be honest, expect worse. More lies, more greed, more nonsense, more everything.
We are not out the wood. In fact, we might only get out once we burned all the trees.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
IRAN IS RUN BY TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A good point was made about Iran that sum up my beliefs in this whole Nuke story.

Has anyone noticed that the west does not attack those Countries with Nukes?

Why can't Iran have Nuke Energy like other Countries?

Why can't Iran have Nuke Weapons to protect thier resources, land?

Whether the war beaters want to admit this or not..Iran has NOT invaded our Country nor have they pointed a Nuke in our direction. You don't have to agree w/ the way they live their life...but it's not for any of you to invade a Country...to bully a Country..into your belief system.

It's been proven over and over again that Iran is going by the rule book. There are to many Countries that acknowledge this and actually warn that war w/ Iran is not what should be done and more and more Countries are standing against the Bullies that have taken over this Country! Buy your oil like everyone else..or come up w/ a new energy source!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Prove they end each speech saying death to Israel and America...?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth100
IRAN IS RUN BY TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!
So is Israel and the US, the difference is that Iran is acting in self defense where as the US and Israel are the aggressors.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Just saying is all...
Those bunkers aren't so secret now that you've mentioned them!

Questioning what activity is taking place in their underground bunkers is understandable to me.
Proposing we go to war because we don't know either way for sure is not.
Not after Iraq.

You make a valid point though, and I offer: Perhaps Iran's nuclear team recognizes the dangers of working with such materials, has learned from disasters in the past such as in Chernobyl and Fukushima, and have chosen underground locations with safety at an appropriately higher priority?

You're right, though. They certainly aren't playing WoW down there, not since U.S. sanctions have recently blocked Iranian World of Warcraft subscribers.

So much for that quip, eh?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
why isn't n.korea a threat to america, or russia or china.

oh, that's right they have nukes.

and when iran has nukes they will no longer be a threat anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth100

why did the cia support their revolution then? it seems that the US is willing to do business with many countries with questionable governments, why not Iran?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
why isn't n.korea a threat to america, or russia or china.

oh, that's right they have nukes.

and when iran has nukes they will no longer be a threat anymore.

North Korea doesn't have oil that America wants and the other two are big enough to stand up to America.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
No one knows if Iran is building a Nuclear Weapon.

They are NOT allowing UN Inspectors into every site. 4 sites were blocked exclusively.

What do they have to hide?

To me, this position is at the root of many issues we are confronted with. Perhaps, they (iran) feel that as a sovereign nation, it is no ones business what they do within their own borders. IF they are honorable, then they have adhered to the NPT. I do not know the "real" reconnaissance information so I am not qualified to "wager" on what Iran is doing. This lack of actual information to the public makes it extremely easy to manipulate people's opinion.

This is the same train of thought that says you should have nothing to fear from constant surveillance cameras unless you are doing something wrong. I don't do anything illegal but I do not want to be "watched" all the time, I like privacy.

Again and again I am forced to recall the real root issue here...money and greed. There is big money in war for the military industrial complex. If we are not blasting someone back to the stone age, their profits fall....can't have that now can we?

As far as Israel goes...they too are a sovereign nation. If they stand or fall, that is between them and God...IF they are "the chosen people"...they do not need our help or my money...sorry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join