It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

feeling that you are your body and that your not your body,and non local during anapana meditation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I sat down this week reading a book by nan huai chin,called working toward enlightenment.
I'm at a section in the book talking about when rahula the son of buddha went and confronted his father and asked him how can one reach the first dhyana and gain concentration meditation,the buddha was pleased that his son had started to ask very important questions about the path.

Buddha started explaining about anapana meditation and following the breath etc,so he has outlined it as an extremely important technique to use for reaching the first dhyana,this passage in the book inspired me to ponder on what ways I'm actually meditating,I've realised now after meditating 1 and a half years that I never really concintrated on my breath with concentration for the whole duration of one of my meditation periods,my meditation time usually consisted of watching the thoughts without following them but I found that every couple of minutes the thoughts would creep in for a moment and it was if I was trying to block them from coming in forcefully,i practiced that way for quite some time with success but it was quite hard,I also concintrated on my chakras and felt viberation on each one,my 3rd eye Activated after 2 weeks unintentionally and I've seen rainbow light emanating from my third eye with eyes open.

so last night was the first time that I actually sat down with confidence to try out anapana as the passage in nan huai chins book inspired me and made me very interested in this technique,I noticed straight away after a couple of minutes that the usual thoughts that usually creep in were not there as my mind was busy keeping track on my breath making sure not to loose awareness on which is the in breath and which is the out breath,if you don't concintrate it's easy to forget your following the breath but I guess after meditating for 1.5 years keeping awareness not to think thoughts that my concintration was steady,I was actually amazed as really long pieces of time where going by without me having a thought,this technique was much more effective than just non thought meditation without following the breath.

Three quarters way through meditation I felt a surge or movement of energy within myself,my hands felt very warm,and it felt like my hands were being compressed,I felt that I was not my body and that I was not particularly in my appartment but that my being was non local,then I shifted back that I felt I was in my body,then I felt that I was in my body and that I was not in my body at the same time,at this point I felt excited about the new experience which also had a small element of fear which threw me off as I wasnt able to follow the breath any longer and I lost the experience,
Has anyone had similiar experiences let me know,thanks everyone

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid365

i believe, when these things happen to you, you are under the influence of a non-human being. the same being that shapes your dreams.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

really? You believe that? I think your karma shapes your dreams,these things are happening to me because my awareness and consciousness is changing,im building up chi in my lower diantian,I'm also practicing the 9 step bottled wind pranayama Tibetan technique to clear my Ida and pingala channels and open up my chi channels,I agree that you can see beings possibly from meditation but I don't think the beings can have much influence on you unless you invite bad energy into you,how about you? Do you practice meditation? And are beings influencing you lol?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Try hypnosis and self hypnosis, then learn a bit about the process that will enlighten you about what is happening when you meditate, I'm not stating that you should erode your mystic beliefs but try to contextualize them within the methodology of hypnosis, empower them and you can make all the changes you wish to your mind's reality.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

i see the dream-condition like a spiritual holodeck. what you see in your dreams is produced by a spiritual being. this being is with you, or you are, for your life-time, with this being. you say it's karma, i think it's more like a spirit. like body, soul and spirit.
for example, when you fall in love, it is decided by this kind of being.
i don't practice meditation, but i think i am under the influence of a destiny-power, what decides my fate.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sometimes when I meditate I get this sensation of timelessness,but ya see I don't follow traditional methods of meditation..kinda just playing with my mind...focusing,not focusing....try to see what leads me where ya know?
I would advise next time you feel yourself getting that sensation,to fight the fear...I know its hard because its almost instinctual to NOT advance any further...its also very difficult to maintain focus.
If you cannot do it the first couple times thats normal,but the more your exposed to this "fear" or w/e the more familiar you get with it and the less fearful you become

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

Yeah I agree about the fear dissipating,over a year ago I was fearful when my third eye opened but the fear just went as I gained experience and grew accustomed to meditating,the reason why I have a little fear is because some day I'm expecting the kundalini energy to burst from the base of my spine to the top of my head do went I perceive energy within my mind starts wondering if it's the kundalini awakening,as I used to regularly get orgasmic chills at the base of my spine last winter,fear is expected at the start but it's manageable and disapates

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
wow so nobody has experienced this during meditation of feeling that your not your body and a feeling that your consciousness has spread out?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
yes.

what of it?

no really. your making it. keep going. it takes a habit of meditation to gain any progress.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Wow so I'm listening to Lesley Vincent's Oct 27th talk on breathing. It's amazing. She says how the lower lobes of the lungs are much bigger than the higher lobes. The diaphragm pulls the air into the lower lobes. When we breath like that then it naturally activates the parasympathetic nervous system for relaxation -- or as Leslie Vincent says - it turns of the flight or fight emergency reaction which is the norm of chest breathing. Lesley Vincent says if you look at a baby sleeping the chest doesn't move but the abdomen moves because that is the natural breathing via the diaphgram. Ah so the stomach goes in while the abdomen goes out. The abdomen below the navel extends outward while the stomach goes in. She is so clear about this it's awesome!!

So meditation is based on storing up the energy in the lower tan tien but it's also based on proper breathing. The two go together because if you focus on the breath you also focus on the lower tan tien and this creates the tummo energy -- you mind has electromagnetic energy FIRE that then goes below the neurohormone electrochemical energy WATER. This creates the rainbow holographic vortex for astral travel.

When the chi or prana electromagnetic fields build up then you can sit in full lotus for 2 hours nonstop. But the mind must be focused on the immaterial rainbow visualization and not be attacked by materialistic idiots. haha. This is why energy masters are so rare. Since this rainbow astral energy is the truth of reality then there is no way to lose as it is the foundation and support of everything else. The energy does create a spacetime vortex that will cause physical changes also and precognition and telepathy, etc. But when the energy is strong just focus it or ground it back in the lower tan tien as that is the battery pack for safe storage of the energy -- you "tuck" the energy deep inside the abdomen - below and behind the navel. As for the mind -- the best is to ground it based on the I-thought. No matter what you see or sense in energy it is still "you" experiencing it. So just repeat the I-I-I-I thought and logically infer that your senses are not you. The source of the I-thought is something you listen to but it is an eternal process. So just remind yourself of the I-thought but this process never stops.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

hi fulllotusqigong,
yeah that experience I had was exhilerating,compression feeling on my hands felt so strange,I wonder if the non local feeling of my being could be that I was leaving my body or a oobe,or was it my consciousness expanding,what is that sintori experience you mentioned you had before?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
sat down again to meditation,following the breath,this time I did not feel that I was not my body,but knowing that time is passing without thoughts it felt like energy was building up within,this time I felt the energy on my face moving,I start getting this intense feeling,I don't know if it's because I'm getting excited or if this intense feeling is natural?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

To ground myself I just sit in full lotus yoga position -- this is the way to know if your energy channels are open or not.

Then for the mind -- just repeat I-I-I-I-I in your mind because any thought or vision you have is always still based on your I-thought. So this grounds your experience but will also take you deeper into the meditation.

Otherwise just "listen to the light" on the right side of the heart. That is the secret black hole gateway to the formless awareness as Ramana Maharshi reveals.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Thanks fulllotusqigong,it will be a while before I get into fulllotus I'm doing the preliminary exercises to achieve that maybe in another year lol,yup I'll try all that out

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Well I can only highly recommend the Small UNiverse practice meditation c.d. from springforestqigong.com... as the most efficacious tool for increasing the energy levels to open thie pineal gland.

Real astral travel with the spacetime vortex kicks in -- Robert Bruce mentions this in his astral dynamics stuff -- I got to this and only after many years of processing did I finally read "Taoist YOga: Alchemy and Immortality" stating it's because the spirit holographic energy needs to be first stored in the lower tan tien -- below and behind the navel -- before it leaves the body -- or else it causes dizziness.

So my practice got ahead of my conceptual training. This is why in Mahayana Buddhism the monks spend three years of just book study before they even do a meditation retreat. In Theraveda Buddhism the monks practice "cessation and contemplation" which is also called Vipassana - it is "mind yoga" and it's the slowest method but also the safest. Maybe it will take many years of spirit reincarnation. I think most of us are doomed to this path in modern times lacking a plethora of real energy masters to guide our practice. meditationexpert.com... has great articles for free with further details.

The whole seeing lights thing -- like you said -- you can see lights outside your body -- and this has been mentioned by others. This is the real indication of opening the third eye -- but it needs to be "stabilized" and the full lotus indicates a level of stabilization.

So if someone is healthy then I can see a yellow aura around their heads - this is the coherent quantum biophoton energy as the aura. I can see it around my six month old niece. haha.

Anyway the Emptiness as Nirvikalpa Samadhi is only after the body is filled with electromagnetic energy -- it's considered the most advanced level of samadhi -- but as Ramana Maharshi states even advanced yogis don't stay in it because instead they get attached to the astral realms of heaven, etc. So when Nirvikalpa samadhi Emptiness is achieved then the I-thought needs to be held onto and taken to a deeper level -- by emptying out any visions, etc. So it's always the I that experiences but logically we can infer a formless awareness as the Emptiness as the source of the I-thought.

In actuality this is an infinite process that emties out the whole body and enables the creation of other physical bodies called the "yang spirit" or bilocation - and this process is based on complementary oppostes as natural resonance -- something lacking in the West and even in Eastern philosophy. It's found in the three gunas, the oldest philosophy of India and it's hinted at in Buddhism and it is the yin-yang-Emptiness of Taoism. But what is really means and how it's practiced and put into practice is another matter.

The Tai-Chi standing exercises are this Law of Three complementary opposites resonance in action. The full lotus yoga position is another example. The small universe aka microcosmic orbit is a third example.

Trance chanting is a fourth example -- it's just that Westerners don't properly understand how sound resonates and transforms into other types of energy. Dr. Mae-Wan Ho calls it "quantum jazz" -- so she has translated this into Western science as best as possible and she says she is a Taoist -- but the quantum time-frequency uncertainty principle is a rediscovery of this ancient natural resonance of complementary opposites. So most scientists are still brainwashed by classical science with a reductionist and materialist definition of infinity, etc.

So actually we are already always eternally liberated but it is just impersonal and we are not individually aware of the liberation. We all have infinite rainbow love heart energy as our true consciousness that harmonizes heaven and hell - our mind and our lower bodies - holographically interwoven -- for eternal creation of energy and matter.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

really the small universe meditation will open up the pineal gland so the more open the pineal gland the easier it is to fit into fulllotus as the energy will soften you up like a baby?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I feel this way without meditation. What do you make of that? I'm not joking.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yeah see WEsterners are materialistic so to sit in full lotus they think - oh I need to practice stretching and it's about ligaments and joints and muscles, etc. But if you practice the small universe meditation you create electromagnetic energy and the electromagnetic energy fills up the body and so even the bones get soft again to become limber - like the top of the head will get soft and pulsate with energy. OF course this is getting to an advanced level for entering into nirvikalpa Samadhi - aka The Emptiness in Taoism - but if you read Vivekananda he states actually nirvikalpa samadhi is the beginning of real meditation. It's just that modern secular practicers are basically working with ephemeral effects of energy -- without really stabilizing the energy to permanently open the pineal gland.

So it sounds like what you've experienced is what Gurdjieff calls a Number 3 person -- someone who empties out the conceptual awareness to begin to open up the third eye. A Number 4 person is someone who has a permanent "center of gravity" in their third eye -- this is the permanent electromagnetic bliss. But a Number 4 person can still get sick and need to heal the body etc. while a Number 5 person can do the Nirvikalpa Samadhi holographic astral travel with the third eye permanently fully open. As Gurdjieff points out it takes a huge amount of jing or life force energy to get to a Number 5 level -- so that the pineal gland can be partly open to some extent but to get it fully opened is very difficult. There's also a Number 6, 7 and 8 person for Gurdjieff but his system is actually based on Mahayana Buddhism having 8 levels of consciousness. People don't realize this about Gurdjieff but I've written articles on his alchemy as actually Taoist Yoga and so in China Taoist and Buddhist philosophy are closely interwoven. But the Gurdjieff followers just get mad about this because again Western mentality is very materialistic and so we get stuck in concepts or conceptual thinking or else in emotions.

So yeah I just rely on sitting in full lotus as that immediately counteracts the ego -- and of course sometimes my ego will take over like yesterday I didn't sit in full lotus as meditation but just in full lotus at the computer and then I posted a photo of myself on my blog. haha. that is the first photo of me online that I know of with the only other photo being taken from 1993 or so.

Anyway I am envious of you seeing lights as colors with your eyes open -- this is very cool -- I can see a yellow aura around the head of my six month old niece. Whenever I see yellow auras are people's heads the person is very healthy so this means it is their coherent quantum biophotons emitting from their pineal gland spirit heart-mind connection.

I have seen spirits as yellow forms also - -but the types of colors seen -- as Chunyi Lin says the more the third eye opens up then the more colors you see and then learn how to interpret them. But as Master Nan, Huai chin says even the astral realm of the rainbow body is limited - not the final level -- as actually when the light energy is very coherent as laser energy then it creates another physical body also as alchemy and bilocation.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

it's harder for me now to do the mirror exercise lol,my third eye not as open as it was,I think when it first activates it kinda flares with energy for a period of time,even though I tried my best to keep awareness on my third eye and meditate on that area it wasnt enough to keep it at that initial level of openness,maybe if I had just done the small universe it would have maintained its openness or opened even more,ill concentrate on the small universe soon to see what it can do for me,you never tried the mirror exercise maybe that's why you didn't see the rainbow light,if you can see the energy with eyes closed then you can see it with eyes open,all it is is just an overlapping of the 2 sights,Im really starting to feel its so hard to generate energy,but at the start of my meditation after 2 weeks my 3rd eye was flaring up with energy it's really mind boggling why it's so hard to build the energy up after 1.5 years of meditation,also the energy and light I was seeing was me looking at my third eye with eyes open,what your seeing is energy coming off people as in aura,so your third eye is more developed than mine in my opinion
edit on 10-9-2012 by lucid365 because: forgot to add extra comment

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

you could have cultivated meditation in a past life,see what happens when you try meditating

top topics

<<   2 >>

join