Attention ATS, This Is Important

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I thought the same way a year or so ago. Now I am seeing a lot of people stirring from this sleep that society has been in. The first weapon in fighting tyranny is knowledge and people are starting to ask the right questions. My father is one of the most closed-minded person I know and he is starting to wipe the sleep out of his eyes. You can tell you are on the right track by how hard the establishment is trying to hang on to its power.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
How is this important? How is this given stars and flags at all? There is literally nothing of value to this thread. No evidence presented, no theories presented, nothing, just pandering to the ATS crowd, of course they're going to agree with a vague statement like "we're screwed". What a worthless thread, I'm losing faith in ATS.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

i agree i was kind of hoping i get to do a lot of things, but it turns out we are Fuuuuuuuudged so it looks like im just going to move to puerto rico because i can

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
the human race isnt screwed.the dumb humans are screwed thats just natural selection at its finest

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If you think the system is broken and it's just going to collapse into itself and burn up humanity within your lifetime then you have two choices:

1. Fix it.
2. Lay down and die.

You, for some insane reason, appear to have chosen the 2nd option. I'm guessing you (like myself) are an American, in which case it makes even less sense for you to simply throw in the towel, because we are afforded the largest opportunity to change things here. If you're not rich, you have a shot at getting rich. If you're not smart you have every opportunity to learn and become smart. If you're not charismatic you can hire someone who is and give them your talking points. If you have to buy into the system to change it, then do so. But the absolute worst thing anyone can do, the most morally reprehensible action a man who knows of impending doom can take... is no action at all.

But leaving aside all that, I would like to hear why you think things are failing so badly. And not this "We're beholden to the corporations!!!!!" crap; the corporations have as much power as we let them, and same for government. If the economy collapsed tomorrow everyone and their mother would be revolting against the very idea of governance or corporations. Trying to create a movement against corporate greed or government corruption isn't difficult because "Big Brother is watching", but because we are genuinely doing pretty well in the grand scheme of things. Compare the poorest person here to "middle class" individuals in Africa or China. More than that, compare our ability to create million man strong protests against our government (Civil Rights Movement, Vietnam, and most notably today, Occupy Wall Street) with other nations, most pointedly nations in the Middle East.

I admit, my opinion on most of the stuff here is going to be vastly different-- I don't have many theories on shadow governments or falsified events. I come here merely to learn about diverging viewpoints and try and understand people I often come across and disagree with in daily life. Perhaps I should already know how my arguments are too idealistic, but I honestly don't. I think the very fact that we can create a forum where people can express their distaste in government is proof of how free we really are, comparing things to our ancestors, arguably the greatest of which both declared "all men are created equal" and enslaved millions of men for decades without a hint of irony or compunction. If you believe humanity is screwed because such a thing was allowed to happen, and certainly at some point in time we must pay for the sins of our forefathers, I could understand the sentiment, but rationally there's no moral "computer program" that tallies up atrocities man has committed against man and which executes a final "end humanity" command upon a certain number of screw ups. There's certainly no more foreboding precursors to the end of humanity than 100 years ago when the world was nearing the first World War, nor the considerably darker time following when World War 2 began to build up.

Even if your economic, political or technological systems and centers collapsed, it would not come close to ending humanity because all of those things were built by humanity. It may take the populace a while to get the hang of rebuilding these systems, but we would certainly gain our sea legs and begin civilization anew (only to inevitably "destroy" it again, no doubt). The biggest problem with all of this, though, is that you could argue (as I would) that everything our species has been through up to this point has been worth it, in some way or another. Have we severely drained the planet of its resources? Yeah, but we've created the means to discover new planets and, with any luck, eventually travel to them. Our evolution from a hunter-gatherer society into an agrarian one allowed us to develop the tools and systems for industrialism which makes it so people can entertain in the form of philosophical or dramatic texts, or socially communicate with someone a continent away. By creating political systems we have allowed for governments to stand for millions of people diplomatically and streamline interaction between what would otherwise be millions of smaller tribes. Our economic systems have allowed us to embrace a culture where even in downturns in the economy the majority of people can still afford the basic amenities like food and shelter without being forced into indentured servitude. Yes, there are problems--sometimes MAJOR problems with all of these systems, but that doesn't spell the end of the human race, only the social evolution of it.

You're probably going to disagree with everything I say here, and maybe say I'm an optimist or hopelessly deluded. But I would argue that the fact that you have time to sit around and ponder the end of the world... Suggests that the average ATSer is living better now than at any other time in human history. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
After reading this thread : The Illusion Of Choice, I have something very important to share with everyone.

I feel like its necessary to state this. I feel as though what I am saying right now is the truth, and is 100% correct.

Let me get to the point : The human race is screwed.

At this point, there is absolutely nothing you or I or anyone else can do to stop the people behind the curtains.

The money is controlled, the people are controlled, the food is controlled, and the constructed opinions are controlled.

I could make a thousand of these threads and I could give you undeniable proof of this, but the fact remains is that we're screwed. You see the elections, the wars, the propaganda, the banks, and the entire system at work. It is all controlled. You could say "With that attitude we're screwed", you could even say "You're wrong". You can say I'm arrogant, stupid, full of it, blind, weak, too young to get it or anything else bad. The next thing their going to try to control is the world.

I'm not sure if we waited too long to act, I'm not even sure we tried to act. I think we sat back and let these people rule us.

I hate sounding like I'm depressed or something, but after 5 years of just sitting back and watching, this has got to be obvious not just to me, but to everyone.

Thoughts?

I believe that there is no such thing that we can do to fix this...peacefully though.

The only way to fix things such as this, since it has gotten this far is a full scale revolution...

But no one would be down for that, because everyone is too involved with fighting with eachtother and not realizing all of the wrongdoings because their so caught up.
Mike

added: i do not support the idea of a revolution, nor will i be the perosn to incite one lol
edit on 3-9-2012 by PsyMike91 because: add on

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

I agree with 99% of the posters to your "important" thread on pgs 5,6,7,8. And your just angry we all called you out on this...mad and gnashing your teeth because most of us are telling you its old news...searching wouldve helped you..but, no.

By the way...dont start on more "important enlightenment" youre just realizing le: the Kennedy assassination, 911, the NWO, we never went to the moon, Marilyn Monroe and Princess Diana were murdered, The Iran-Contra affair, Bin Laden's still alive etc etc.

You really cant be this clueless, rt? If its just that youre in 10th grade and have just had this "Important" revelation...then discuss something we all havent heard before.

Its like walking into a gun store telling them "Hey! Did you know these things shoot BULLETS!?"

Yes...we all knew..only youre just figuring it out.

So, good riddance to you as well....
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You have gone on record about yourself earlier...These are YOUR own words from one of your other threads,,,

"I'm just a kid, and when I try to explain the bad things the government does to my parents, or the bankers and the politicians agendas, THEY DON'T LISTEN. It doesn't matter if all the points add up, it doesn't matter if I use logic, THEY WON'T LISTEN."

This is why we ATS'r for the most part...in your own words.."WONT LISTEN"

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91

The times when change was needed the most, it took a revolution to create the momentum.

If revolution is what it takes, would you be willing? If that was the only way, would you take part?

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Mario explains it perfectly. I think his description fits our time pretty well, doesn't it? It's time. All we need is match to light the fuse.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So after reading a thread you created a thread to share your thoughts on the topic of that thread...

That's usually what the reply button is for.

The fact that this thread is allowed to continue while ATS shuts down other " the reply to other thread topic " threads shows me one thing.

ATS= vested interest in keeping the " resistance is futile" mentality you expound and wants it to continue...

Which goes toward the original op you sighted (controlled choices) being correct... That anything that encourages that toward the ends of insurrection seems to be part of that agenda...

or am I being paranoid ?
edit on 3-9-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I could make a thousand of these threads and I could give you undeniable proof of this, but the fact remains is that we're screwed.

I bet you thought you were being original with this thread didn't you? It's been said 100000 times here before. Threads like this make me laugh because every OP thinks they're the first one to say something like this

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Dear Vandettas,

You effect people everyday, how is that being screwed? You can make someone's life better everyday, you have control over that. There have always been owners, this is nothing new. They don't want to kill everyone, that is the internet. They do want smaller populations, that is in the Rockefeller report from 1971 on "Population Stabilization". There are workers and managers and owners, that is how the world works. That is how systems work.

The earth is not going to end and we are not going to all die. I did not read through any of the thread, I only read your OP and waited till everyone else made comments. The battle is not money and it is not things, it is not control, control is an illusion, you cannot control this world, too many other people make choices and the game is rigged; but, you can control you and your choices. You can make people happy and help others. You can be a positive force or not, you make that choice. Life is lived individually, it is a solitary sport, you define you. That is the only power individuals have ever had, who are you and what you going to do about it?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Three days ago I wouldn't have agreed with you but now I do, I've been enlightened and everything is true, the NWO is ready to take full control. I don't know how to navigate this place yet and I can't start any new threads but just use my name to find what I have posted and believe it because it is true.

If nothing else at least do this, open google earth and look below Australia and you will see giant patterns under the ocean floor, if you go west you will see how they look like giant antennas, see for yourselves.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
there's more of these strange lines on the floor of the Pacific ocean west of North America, check out this face that looks just like that one they found on mars its at 34° 4'28.39"N and 138°42'42.31"W
edit on 3-9-2012 by SteveFrey because: typo's

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Control is not necessarely a bad thing... Humanity tends to be stupid, especially when mass-grouping... So it needs to be kinda guided...
This is also the truth, and no negativity... You may also say i'm arrogant as the OP is, but it's still the truth... face it

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

If your human I don't think you're going to like this type of control, unless of course your on the side of the controllers.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I somewhat agree. The Elite factions "Rothschilds etc, Illuminati, Dynastic bloodlines" have a major hold on our civilization. Without some outside intervention our chances of fixing things quickly and with minimal casualties are very very low.

However people like you and me still exist. So a chance remains.

Also human history is so flawed and our understanding of science at certain levels is so incorrect that I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ET/ED hope allegations turns out to be correct. Keeping in mind many of them are dis info. All it takes is for one of those factions to be legit and our chances of success increase.

From all i've looked at the "Andromeda Council" with Tolec as a source seems to have the highest % of being true. www.andromedacouncil.com...

Not saying i'm giving up and rolling over or anything but. Its obvious we have been lied to excessively so I wouldn't be surprised

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

our understanding of science at certain levels is so incorrect

This is so correct, I've been battling this for several years myself with a theory I proposed that claims the sponge is inside of all humans and the cause of all disease, I now know this to be true and that sponges are the Anunnaki, find my posts here where I give more explanation.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Let me get to the point : The human race is screwed.

Its only the elite, warmongers, terrorists, arms dealers, soldiers, weapons manufacturers and everyone that wants wars that are screwed; to hell.

TPTB believe they are in control.

They are not. They never were and never will be.

This is their last ditch attempt to cause as much bloodshed as possible.

Just hang in there, their days are numbered now - literally.

I couldn't agree more. Their so-called power is more like a piece of Swiss cheese, full of holes and it's going to get worse. 'The meek shall inherit the Earth' was never my mantra because I don't set much store by the Bible but knowing what I do now I believe this will be the ultimate outcome.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
My thought is that OP is absolutely right...on one condition: we decide the world (excepting TPTB and their lackeys, of course) isn't worth fighting for.

That's what I'm getting from OP, that this world and all of our future generations aren't worth going up against a Hydra, Medusa, Gorgon, all the Titans, the forces of Olympus and every literary super villain...all in one sitting. And then the Devil himself for dessert, so to speak.

Is that right, OP? Our children and their children aren't worth the sacrifices we may be forced to make for the sake of their future? Are we so afraid of losing that we're afraid to stand up for the innocents that will walk this earth for the next few thousand years? Is it not worth the loss, the pain?

According to you, from what I read in your original post, it's not worth it. Not in the least. And I beg to differ.
edit on 2-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Remember my friend, the desert is something you only want to cross once. Desserts are much more comfortable and our desire to eat twice may just convince certain people are hungry in their hearts. First we must examine the contents (fruits) of the pie before eating and going back for seconds.
We vomit the contents of the poisoned pie, and satans minions are there with a plate, collecting, and then consuming.
God is love

Peace

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join