It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention ATS, This Is Important

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

3.Im starting to get this feeling that maybe just maybe we as a race want this to happen. It’s hard for me to pin point my point but I’ll try, there will always be evil, because of the need to grow. Example has anyone ever notice that during great tragedy’s people ignite with the need to help support, the immense feeling is called compassion right. Well maybe we will always have to battle with these opposite polarity, but it does leave so that we can grow and hopefully, eventually we weed out enough bad that in the distant future bad is something that is minimal in the scheme of things and people won’t care to participate in such behavior.

Didnt want to write it again. Are you new to these subject matters?
edit on 2-9-2012 by Mosthated718bx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
A thousand years ago, if a peasant allowed his or her shadow, to touch that of a lord, the penalty with be death.

Thousands of years ago if a leader announced to his troops, "We are invading this territory because we need land, slaves and resources"? The Army would cheer and off they would go. During the "Hundred Years War," peasants who fought were told, that the reason the war was being fought. Was because the "other" side, placed his or her hand on the wrong shoulder when the formed the crucifix on there bodies.

Things have changed, though change is not something can often be related to in one lifetime, but rather
something that occurs over thousands of years.

Despite its faults mankind will continue to survive even if that process is perhaps akin to baby steps.

Yes we do have the technology to destroy ourselves but that does not mean we will.

Any thoughts?

Yes. And in fact, in my lifetime of only 47 years, we've seen a basic end to the cold war, and many good things have happened in just the last 20 years. We could have blown ourselves up, and we haven't. We are far from screwed. We may be so far from screwed that it will take decades for the light from screwed to reach us!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluginkid

Well as depressing as it does sound, I believe you're right on the money.
Until we band to together,become one and have a revolution,nothing will change unfortunately.
So till that happens, I'll sit back,burn one, grab my guitar and write some music.
I'll enjoy the ones around me. Because in the end, that is all that really matters.
Family & friends.(and pets of course!)
You have to enjoy the moment and try not to get so caught up in
the fire storm that is all around us.
lately this has been hard to do with the amount of garbage that is going on.
My girlfriend has about had it hearing about politics and how bad the government is.
I don't blame her one bit

I AGREE.
the end is not near OP, and i think you should get some help. we need you to help when real situations arise that your expertise can help in, whatever area you work in. I think you have passion based on the dedicated responses, but you lack discipline. we should help one another, make music, share ideas, teach realism. basically you seem to be taking a stance which furthers the "kill yourself or get over it" syndrome in peoples heads. what causes people to shoot up employers and be depressed and feel like there is no chance? HEARING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN..... so please, just take a second to educate yourself in the psychology of survival, because we're all gonna need that to survive in this brave new world.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
reply to post by Honor93

Well then go do what you want to do, and stop wasting your extremely valuable time answering my questions with questions.

I clearly answered your questions, then you say I didn't, so your basically trolling.

are you just aggitated because i disagree with you and can/did provide valid reasons or what?

you want to argue about the nuances of living, yet you claim these are the ailments of the entire human race.
who's trolling here ??

your shallow interpretation of the necessities of life are truly telling.
strap in and enjoy your journey ... it's gonna be a rough one.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I believe you are correct, as control keeps slowly slipping from their grasp they continue to squeeze tighter in an attempt to hold onto it.In their attempt to keep a firm grasp on the control that is slipping away from them they make blatantly illegal and unconstitutional laws and regulations. These illegal and unconstitutional laws are a sure indication that they have reached a point of desperation in trying to maintain a grasp on their control.
They have tipped their hand by making these unconstitutional laws, they have given us proof that they are losing control and are becoming desperate.They have given us, the people,proof that whatever we have been doing to take back control is in fact working.

I believe that you are also correct in that they would rather destroy it all,and us, than too completely lose control and have to live as ordinary common people.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

TPTB believe they are in control.

I think we ought to start calling them TPTWB...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I agree with most of the optimistic replies here.

Saying were all screwed, basically means you have given up.

Dear friend, it is not over. And you have more power than you have given yourself credit for.

And "We" have more power than we have exercised. Things are bad because we have allowed it to get that way!

Instead of spreading negativity, try doing something positive to help change it.

Each and every one of us can make a difference.

But we have grown complacent so i understand your feelings of hopelessness.

But instead of giving up. Let's fight for whats right!

It is our responsibility to the next generation.

If we all just give up and believe were screwed.... What hope do the children have then?

Where is your courage? You owe yourself more than that!

You owe it to the children of this world, we all do.

Negativity is a disease. Spreads like wildfire.

But so does love and positivity!

Lift your head brother.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I do agree with you you that it is an assumption on my part that the offenders will be caught. However, I do not agree with the term "WE", as you stated. I do not feel as you do, nor does society as a whole.
In the same thread, you replied to the OP that you "begged to differ" with him that we are all "screwed".
Then you responded with such negativety to my opinion, sounding as if you agreed with the OP.
So which is it? If you believe what you responded to my opinion with, I would say that you would believe we are all screwed too?

May tomorrow be a better day

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I know!! I dont know what else to do but go to work everyday and that is still not enough!! NC Hell

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mosthated718bx

Well, I like to think, in the end not everyone can be bought. There have to be people on the inside working for you and I (I hope.) The Rothschild Zionists will pay for their evil deeds, in some way, shape, or form. I hope I live to see it happen.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I believe you are right. This experiment has failed.

But once it burns to the ground, we will have a chance to begin anew and use our experiences to make the next round much better.

All good things must come to an end, but that doesn't mean it's the end of good things.

Stay positive.
edit on 2-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

This experiment has NOT failed it has been hijacked. There's a difference.

"All good things must come to an end" is a stupid and meaningless folk psychology phrase that quitters and the lame use to resign themselves in cowardly fashion.

NO good thing must Necessarily end. It just isn't true.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
In my opinion, humanity has always been screwed.

Think about it. Mankind possesses an immense capability for evil. We always have. What is happening today is nothing new. I think sometimes we look at what is going on around us and go "Oh my goodness, the sky is falling!!!" No, it's not. Everything is pretty much normal. There is nothing really new under the sun.

But I'm hoping, even though it's normal, that we won't accept it. We have to keep on fighting for a better future.

Let's just keep in mind that, no matter what we do, we can't "fix" humanity. Our struggle to make the world just a little bit better won't end, not without divine intervention. But let's keep on fighting anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

yES, YOU STATE THE TRUTH. i DO BELEIVE YOU. THEY HAVE NOW GONE TO FAR FOR US TO GET BACK WHAT WE ONCE HAD. we NOW HAVE TO SIT BACK AND WATCH WHICH PART IS GOING TO TAKE FULL CONTROL.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well, start working to improve your own life and the lives of those around you, and you can live a good life no matter what the situation of the higher-ups is.

There is no way that anyone can rule you unless you let them.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
my feeling is that any extreme or singular position/understanding/or way of relating to and conceptualizing the world is likely false, and biased.

why? because people that identify too strongly with any particular belief tend to suffer from the blindness of confirmation bias. if you believe everything about the world sucks, then you're going to pay more attention to that which confirms this belief, and dismiss that which doesn't. and before you jump in with "but I don't do that!" you're already an offender, because we ALL DO IT to some degree. but recognizing our inherent propensity toward cognitive biases is the first step toward neutralizing them. it's basic psychology 101 stuff.

also.... in order to describe something with some particular characteristic, it's implied that the stated descriptor has an opposite. to make a claim of what something is, you're also inherently stating what it is NOT.... something is only "something" because it stands to highlight what it ISN'T. how can something be labeled as "bad" if it's not being perceived as such by an understanding of what is "good" in comparison?

so, now. we understand that to claim the world is "bad," we're also claiming that we know what "good" is. but how can we know this unless we've experienced it in our own lives? we all have a definition of a "good world" in our heads... but then, anytime we paint with a broad brush we're probably viewing through a lens of distortion and bias. something that "is" can't just be one thing and only that, honestly, or we wouldn't be leading lives of such subjectivity.

my main point is that if someone believes that the world sucks so bad, they're choosing to focus on the "bad" aspects instead of adopting a more well-rounded, objective view that includes the many positive things that also exist, and exist to serve to highlight and contrast the fact that the "bad" is also there. so really, it comes down to subjectivity and choice. and when we identify too strongly to our beliefs... we become slaves to them. they cloud our perception and prevent objectivity.

if things weren't as $h!tty as they are, the good things wouldn't be as good in contrast. we live in a time of extremism in general, and to pigeon-hole yourself to one perceptual lens, to one piece of the giant whole that exists... well, i feel for you. it's a hard mindset to have, because it is so dark and depressing. i choose to see the good and bad and try to find my pieces of happiness through and in-between them wherever i can.

"to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence." - krishnamurti

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the OP. We are screwed. The world is run by psychotic materialists who will stop at nothing to get what they want and they don't care how many people they have to kill to do it.

These people are social darwinists. They believe in fang and claw. They have always been with us but now they have more power than ever before and they will use it to get absolute control over everything. They are self centered and insane.

They are completely lacking in wisdom and refinement.

But worse than that, they have innumerable collaborators among us, people who are willing to become mini-me to the sociopath above them.

Currently in America the middle class is being gouged out of existence, but the real horror is that it is not some oligarch that is doing it. No. It is segments of the middle class itself who are gouging their fellows out of existence in a mad scramble to join the wealthiest segment of society. These middle class monsters will stop at nothing to achieve their aims. They are mini-me's. The trolls and ogres who are giving the American economy it's coup de grace, neighborhood by neighborhood.

Who knows what catastrophic convulsion will precede the next renegotiation of the American social contract? All I know is that ordinary people will not be negotiating from a position of strength.

Americans hate one another and they are only too willing to sell each other out. My gut feeling.
edit on 2-9-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
After reading this thread : The Illusion Of Choice, I have something very important to share with everyone.

I feel like its necessary to state this. I feel as though what I am saying right now is the truth, and is 100% correct.

Let me get to the point : The human race is screwed.

At this point, there is absolutely nothing you or I or anyone else can do to stop the people behind the curtains.

The money is controlled, the people are controlled, the food is controlled, and the constructed opinions are controlled.

I could make a thousand of these threads and I could give you undeniable proof of this, but the fact remains is that we're screwed. You see the elections, the wars, the propaganda, the banks, and the entire system at work. It is all controlled. You could say "With that attitude we're screwed", you could even say "You're wrong". You can say I'm arrogant, stupid, full of it, blind, weak, too young to get it or anything else bad. The next thing their going to try to control is the world.

I'm not sure if we waited too long to act, I'm not even sure we tried to act. I think we sat back and let these people rule us.

I hate sounding like I'm depressed or something, but after 5 years of just sitting back and watching, this has got to be obvious not just to me, but to everyone.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that that's not the real world, but a world system. We may need to function in the world to make a living etc. but spiritually and psychologically, we are not of it. And whatever is unreal is already a house divided against itself, sure to fall and go THUMP (right across the board), so long as we don't buy into the idea that it's the real world, because it's not, it's absurd, worthy of nothing but to become the brunt of cutting humor as the comedic material at the end of the age.

It was absurd. Don't buy into it, nor consider yourself a slave or a prisoner of it, even if you work and function or appear to function within it.

Our true self is by far greater than that world gives us credit, but like Jesus it doesn't know us or recognize us. Therefore, let us recognize ourselves for who and what we really are, and it for what it is. I tell you it's doomed already.

You're mistaken.

Real power is something else altogether different, and it's an emergent phenomenon as well as top down, but it doesn't flow through the channels of economic leverage for selfish gain employed by the so-called "ruling elite" who tailor made the rules by which they play to a different drummer, woe to them and to their children and children's children..

When will we ever learn? And why do we have such little faith?

edit on 2-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by jiggerj

Unless they each have a sizable army, I doubt they'll be able to hold onto to anything...including their lives.

sizable armies...

do NOT matter

Explain?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
reply to post by Mosthated718bx

Well, I like to think, in the end not everyone can be bought. There have to be people on the inside working for you and I (I hope.) The Rothschild Zionists will pay for their evil deeds, in some way, shape, or form. I hope I live to see it happen.

I too would like to see retribution for the hard ache and pain that those evil ones have caused but some lesson are meant to be experience at different times and sadly some people do die and never pay their dues back to society.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

edit on 3-9-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join