It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention ATS, This Is Important

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasaka
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

That Ellner quote is a good place to start with this discussion, but it begs the question: Why?

Why is the world upside down? Has it always been this way? If so, then again our quarry is the same. Why do we live in such a dysfunction world? And why at every turn, when we attempt to change the world for the better--the unintended consequences reverse the progress we hoped to achieve and create more problems which were not intended?

Why: Lack of knowledge, imagine an infant trying to run the world. As a race we were born into this world with absolutely zero knowledge and although we've learned a few things since then the fact remains that we know very little about this universe of ours. We falsely assume that we have the knowledge required to control one another. We falsely accuse that we have any idea what is best. Republicans falsely accuse that they know what to do, democrats falsely accuse that they know what to do. No one has the knowledge required to govern anything at all.

Why does it always fall apart? We're just not smart enough to become the architects of society.

Edit: Why do many believe there are controlling elites that are purposely keeping the world in chaos? Because they falsely accuse that we're smart when we are not. The world is in chaos not because some elite group is keeping it that way by design, but because we're ALL stupid. We're ALL so stupid that we actually believe we are smart. That's how stupid we are. The "elites" are just as stupid as anyone else, they have no idea how to run society, it falls apart not because the politicians and the CEOs are evil, but because they're just as stupid as anyone else. They don't know how to run society, no one does.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

see, this is where we disagree.
the human race does not need ... media, money or control of the ppl.
why you are of the opinion that any of it's necessary is beyond me.

any other ways you'd care to share ??
humans still procreate, they still live communally, they still hunt, fish, hike, trap, build, learn, teach and share with each other.
how again are we screwed ??

yes, we have a screwed-up political process, however, that can be changed.

they cannot do both ... while we are experiencing an increase in deaths, births are greater.
[any period of time spent with the population clock will verify my assertion]

What will this "change" in people realizing something is wrong do?
Will it stop these people behind the curtains from destroying the constitution?
Will it stop the bailouts? Will it cure cancer? Will it cause a revolution?
hmmmm, didn't realizing something was wrong prevent you from doing it anyway ??
the Constitution of today was changed long ago, it was once the Constitution FOR the United States ...
it is currently the Constitution OF the United States.

why does it matter ??
if you cannot answer that simple question, you really have no clue of what you speak.

as for the rest, what does that have to do with the "human race" ??
you cannot presume all countries operate the same.
you should not assume that some cancer hasn't been cured, decades ago.
can't have bailouts without funding, can we ??
[who provides said funding ?? ... did they print it just for the bailouts ??]

yes, i asked it twice and you still haven't answered appropriately.
care to try again ?

sorry, i cannot separate you from the human race, either you're part of it or you're not.
as much as you want to stand aside and cast stones, that's childs play.

i didn't interpret it, you said it.
either you change what you said or deal with what it does say about you.

Did I answer your questions?
nope, not really.
superficial complaints don't validate your opinion one bit.

hmmmm, now you're telling me HOW to respond ??
who are you, King/Queen of the world ??

as if you're wrong here ?? got news for ya, you are.
not sure what makes you think i'm p'od but i assure you, i have better things to do than waste such valuable energy on silly negative emotion

perhaps you should try it sometime

edit on 2-9-2012 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You're right.

This life is only a learning experience to lead us to the afterlife.

The Bible has always told us that we would fail as long as we relied on ourselves and other men.

While some say that life is a cycle that somehow corrects itself and starts over again, they are only partially correct. It does not correct itself on our terms. It will correct itself on God's terms.

The next cycle will not be one of flesh and blood as we know it. Human life will come to an end. Only the spiritual life will remain. The human cycle will not get another chance.

The Bible does say that there will be a human physical period of peace on earth for 1,000 years (the Millennium). But that's only because the people and the nations will be lead by Jesus himself and not man.

I don't know why I chuckle when I see people make comments that somehow, when only a few survivors are left that they will somehow all pull together (without God's help) and come to some new realization to help each other. It's a lie. Men will be men. When there are only a few survivors left, they will still keep fighting each other out of fear and lack of trust for one another until there's only one man standing. That's why Jesus must step in and take over. That's the only way to ensure survival, physically and spiritually.

After the 1,000 years of peace, all human life comes to an end and only the spiritual life remains. There will be no more chances for humanity after that.

Focus on the spiritual, not the physical.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Focus on the spiritual, not the physical.

Yes, don't worry about life. The afterlife should be your only concern. It will all be much better when you're dead.
edit on 2-9-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
Yes, don't worry about life. The afterlife should be your only concern. It will all be much better when you're dead.
edit on 2-9-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

Not if you're into reincarnation.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Well then go do what you want to do, and stop wasting your extremely valuable time answering my questions with questions.

I clearly answered your questions, then you say I didn't, so your basically trolling.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think it's sad that anyone thinks we're so screwed. It says to me that you're seeing the world, the potentials and the possibilities through an intensely narrow filter.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I'm not talking about jesus or god leading man.

What does this have to do with the bible?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well as depressing as it does sound, I believe you're right on the money.
Until we band to together,become one and have a revolution,nothing will change unfortunately.
So till that happens, I'll sit back,burn one, grab my guitar and write some music.
I'll enjoy the ones around me. Because in the end, that is all that really matters.
Family & friends.(and pets of course!)
You have to enjoy the moment and try not to get so caught up in
the fire storm that is all around us.
lately this has been hard to do with the amount of garbage that is going on.
My girlfriend has about had it hearing about politics and how bad the government is.
I don't blame her one bit

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Here's the thing... We are all screwed only when we accept that we are screwed. Life is hard but it's even harder if you're stupid. People dont want to admit that the problem is not the TPTB but the problem is that we give control to them KNOWING that they dont care about anything except themselves. Like for example Romney suporters voting not FOR Romney but AGAINST Obama. These people know that Romney will not look back at what mistakes Obama made just like Obama didnt look back at what GWB did. Look forward they tell us but thats what got us in this mess. When we start applying The same laws to the polititions who commit crimes as they do to us maybe then we can have democracy. The way to fix the problem is by looking back at history and see what hapens to empires, and admit that America is an Empire.

That should be the first step. And once we make that step it will be easy to fix the problem. We have an instructions manual called the Constitution, but for some reason we allowed the Government to use 1984 as an instructions manual .

First admit we were wrong, then accept responsibility and consequences for making those mistakes, then roll back to the Constitutional Republic and then look forward.

But that means we the people must take responsibility for ourselves, stop looking for help from the buracrats in the government because that is what keep them in power.

Basically It comes down to the people. Complaining about it won't help.

We would not have the financial crisis that we do if the FDIC wouldnt exist. Because then people would actually watch where the banks invest their money. I dont know about you but i wouldn't want my savings to go to high risk mortgages for example. But the banks know that FDIC insures 250k so why not take a risk and make some money on high risks transactions, and people don't realize that they fund the FDIC themselves.

It all comes down to individual responsibility. Thats the way I see it anyway.
edit on 2-9-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb
I think it's sad that anyone thinks we're so screwed. It says to me that you're seeing the world, the potentials and the possibilities through an intensely narrow filter.

Care to elaborate?

You name something good about the world, and I'll name five bad things. You'll run out of good before I run out of bad. Its not that I only see the bad, its whats visible.

How am I seeing through an "intensely narrow filter" if all thats in the filter are bad things?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Leading a spiritual life enhances physical life. The impact we have on others during this physical life will affect our afterlife, but there's no need to fret or stress ourselves out over how to correct everyone's or the world's problems. We are put here to set an example. For those who don't want to set an example or follow, it's not within our ability to straighten them out. Surely you've figured that out by now. We can lead, but we can't force.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You should come live with my family for awhile, Vandettas. We can build you an earthship (earthship.com...), you can grow your own food, can your own fruits and produce, cure your own meat (if you wish), trade at the farmer's market & flea markets, collect your own water, take responsibility for your own health, entertain yourself with your own mind; in short, decide from the ground up what your life is about. I don't worry about chemtrails, bird flu, earthquake swarms or methane leaks; and I don't think I'm worth detaining... people like me are too dangerous to control-based institutions like FEMA camps, because we forgive them... we reset the dialogue and allow the apparatus like military and guards to re-assess. We're better off left to ourselves.

Forgiveness is a great start in subverting the psychological games that you outlined in the OP. They assume resistance, and if you're resisting it sets the stage for your thought process, you are responding to the reality and incidentally, buying into it.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Samtzurr because: typo

edit on 2-9-2012 by Samtzurr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

Originally posted by thebtheb

Care to elaborate?

You name something good about the world, and I'll name five bad things. You'll run out of good before I run out of bad. Its not that I only see the bad, its whats visible.

How am I seeing through an "intensely narrow filter" if all thats in the filter are bad things?

When you change the way you look at things, things change. (Cant remember who said that)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Surely you've figured that out by now. We can lead, but we can't force.

You bet. I'm leading people away from the fairytale of religion. Religion is a dangerous waste of time.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

I'm not talking about jesus or god leading man.

What does this have to do with the bible?

It has everything to do with the Bible.

The Bible predicted all of this and goes into great detail about man's past and future.

In essence, the Bible told us that humanity would be "screwed", how it was going to be "screwed" (in great detail) and tells us how it was going to be corrected.

How do people not know this?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Nobody ever has the upper hand on an infinite scale. There's a balance to every single thing in this world. That's not to say that power won't temporarily shift in one direction or the other, but it will always reach the middle point again.

Things at some point will change because as the new Muse song and record say....this is unsustainable.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Surely you've figured that out by now. We can lead, but we can't force.

You bet. I'm leading people away from the fairytale of religion. Religion is a dangerous waste of time.

What's dangerous is not taking the time to read the Bible.

Keep your eyes on Israel. Everything that's happening to Israel right now and everything that's happened to Israel in the past was spoken about in the Bible.

The Bible told us that the signs coming out of Israel were the signs that were going to affect all of humanity's future.

When every nation turns it's back on Israel, that's when it all starts unfolding for everyone.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

A miracle in my mind is an event completely unexpected by its degree of impossibility, infeasibility, improbability, illogicality. An event that would defy everything you think to know, reason itself. That would force change in many unfathomable and unimaginable different ways perfectly in time. Thats what it is. How can it happen or when? No clue.

As to why the world is the way it is? The answer may be closer than you think. You just have to keep an open mind and try to get rid of what you know for a minute. What would be the world without humanity? Some will say it wouldnt exist because it exists for them, some will state it is impossible because their mind created this world and therefore both must exist to be, some do believe it is not real but an illusion to keep them locked and away from their real "divine" identity, and many others. There are more but these three win the prize of awesome bull#ness. What do you think it is?

I will tell you what (i think) it is. It is simple, really. The Earth, the Universe, the worlds will keep going as if nothing happened. The Earth will be the paradise it ought to be, free of madness and unbalance. A paradise of freedom where nothing will belong to anyone but Nature. Does it make sense? If no, why? Because you (any lambda) dont hold any special place in the Universe? Or because it seems too unfair? How so? Because you had to be unique and above the rest? Does it really make sense?

What made you think that way? God? No, others humans did, like your parents. And so did their parents with them, and this for generations. Now who taught this to the first generation? Priests? Fanatics? Or maybe some possessed or alien controlled masterminds that would know they could use it to control you even millenias later? (
) For sure it was some madmen who thought they knew. False knowledge, lies that spread since the dawn of time and were handed down for generations without being questionned, like it was some universal Truth.

What's the matter? Is it more clear? Or did i totally fail in my try to show the link? It is simple, the answer lies in human nature. It is what makes this world so screwed. You were taught you were divine, above, beyond, watched, protected, valued and it was accepted because it was confortable. See where it lead.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The bible has predicted absolutely nothing.

The bible has been rewritten hundreds of times, and the only way it ever "predicted" anything was
when people twist the words to fit into context. But thats neither here nor there. I'm not talking about
the bible, I'm talking about the human race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join