Originally posted by LightBreeze
Understanding the NT doesn't require sacred spirits or celestial flying birds either. It only requires the typological relationship between Titus
Flavius and the ministry of the historically fallacious "Jesus Christ". Kudos to Joseph Atwill for that revelation.
I just read the research of Joseph Atwill www.fargonasphere.com...
I read it all. I tell you, it's almost right on the money on how most Christians understand the NT
And it would seem like, it was Paul's
teachings most Christians lean to. Wouldn't be surprised if Paul was a Roman 'undercover apostle' for he claimed to be a Roman Citizen.
However, my understanding of Jesus is different than the false 'Piso Doctrine' conspiracy and the rest of the mainstream Christianity.
- Jesus is not subservient, nor advocates subservience to worldly authorities. He is only subservient to God.
- Jesus rebukes, insults, preaches the hard truth, punishes, and judges his enemies. That is the right way to love your enemies!
- Jesus promotes 'anti-leadership' ideals for you have only one leader - Jesus. "Do not call anyone father, teacher, master"
- Jesus teaches not to work for food that spoils
- Jesus teaches that money, titles, possessions, achievements, even your own life (self-preservation) has no value!! The only that has values are the
work of God and eternal things. These things are in fact abominations to God.
The backbone of the Roman Empire are the slaves and workers.
The true Gospel of Jesus advocates (non-violent) resistance against leadership and anything opposed to the Gospel, a fearless countenance, and
Put all these together and you got a slave/worker that would not obey everything you say, will stop working for you/leave you, and on top of these,
won't fear you, even with the threat of death!!
If all the slaves knew the True Gospel, it would be end of the Roman Empire!!
There is still some truth, to the Joseph Atwill theory from my point of view as a follower of Jesus. Christians are subservient to leadership, to
authorities, they love their enemies wrongly! The Beast will surely love them!!
edit on 7-9-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)