It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am perfect because...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I love you. Yes you. Not the you you wish you were, the you you were yesterday, or the you you could become. I just love you, like that, pure and simple.
Why? Because I can.

I don't need a reason to love you, other than that you are. I want nothing in return, no recognition and no special action from you. All I ask is that you accept who/how I am. No amount of telling me that I am delusional, insincere or plain dumb is going to change that I love you. And I do so with no special condition on your being.

You are my experience, my mirror and my teacher, without you I would not know what I know, grow the way I do and be able to share in this being. Without you I would be a point in time, a brief moment without goal or reason. Without you I would be obsolete.

When I tell you I love you even after we disagree I am not being sarcastic, I am not trying to make myself superior to you, I am just being honest with how I feel about you. Because what ever you did or did not do how ever painful or filled with joy that experience was to me I recognize that without you that experience would never have been.

This is the being I have always been, the being that loves you as you are, no questions asked, no conditions and no expectations. I love you and I love seeing your potential fulfilled.

See when I am feeling lonely I get hope from seeing that you are not. When I am wrong, you teach me what is right. When I have, you teach me how to give. When I lack, you teach me how to receive. When I want to withdraw from the world, you pull me out of my shell. When I take too much space, you put me in my place. Without you I have no balance. I am just a one way force aimlessly moving in all directions without a post with which to measure my advances.

So to the you's that want to tell me I lie, to the you's that tell me it's impossible. I love you for all the reasons and more that I told you of above.

I am you and I am perfect because you are

Thank you

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Awwwwwww, I love you too! I appreciate the kind expression as it is a powerful word and feeling to convey to a mere stranger!

Not everyone is open to love, but the fact is you can always offer it without wanting anything in return.

That's love!

No one has to love you back, but it's a feeling we are born with. We want to give and receive love. I have always told people I love them or even on ATS will offer peace, love, or what have you.

One kind of expression such as love can make someone's day!

Thanks!

Peace and Love to you and yours!!

Xoxox

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Does this include people like Charles Manson?

Are people like that part of your perfection?

Just curious.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Does this include people like Charles Manson?

Are people like that part of your perfection?

Just curious.

Yes and i was expecting this question to rear it's loving head in here not just so soon. It is all inclusive and if you read again from the point of view that I am you then maybe sense will be had. But even if it is not it's ok it changes nothing of what was said.

People like Charles Manson not only teach us that a whole array of unpleasant things can happen when there is a lack of expressed or felt love he also taught us who not to be. I thank him and love him for being Charles Manson so that I did not have to.

Now do not mistake recognizing love for not feeling what is unpleasant, I do and see the world as it is. Trust me when i say it is harder to recognize that I fundamentally love you no matter what than it is to mask the hurt I feel when someone I love does what I feel is wrong and painful than it is to pretend that I just 'hate' you.

See in recognizing I love you and that I am you I also recognize the potential in me to be or become everything that you are including all the bad stuff. That is a hard thing to do for many, because we would rather pretend to ourselves that those who do bad things are somehow different from us in make up. But truth be told they are not at least not in terms of the species they belong too. Now we can argue soul, spirit and other metaphysical ideas on the subject but somehow I do not get the impression you are interested in that discussion. If you are I am happy to have that also. The point is had I been Charles Manson..well I'm quite sure you get the logic of what's to follow. And I could have been, except for the fact that he was which leaves me free to not be.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Your views on love are dangerous. It isn't something that should be spread lavishly around to whomever is near. It is sacred and deserves to be bestowed only on those who deserve it. Anything else is pure vanity, and likely, self-deception.

I'm wary of those who say they love everyone. We know that that love is hollow, weakened and diluted. In then end, those who love everyone end up being the most lonely souls because they gave all their love away and never recieved anything in return.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

See in recognizing I love you and that I am you I also recognize the potential in me to be or become everything that you are including all the bad stuff. That is a hard thing to do for many, because we would rather pretend to ourselves that those who do bad things are somehow different from us in make up.

What a great response!
I completely agree with the above statement!
Your thoughts and words on unconditional love are some of the best I've seen and come from a place of understanding that many never achieve.

What I have some confusion about was the title of your thread and the closing line of OP:

I think it is the very acceptance/forgiveness of our/others imperfections that leads us towards unconditional love, it certainly doesn't mean we, or anyone else, is "Perfect" because we love them.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Well.... wasn't that something

It feels like I am reading truth which already lies dormant in my heart, and yet there is something special about having another person say it.

It gives that strength to be more, and that's awesome.

Great skills OP

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'd like to add in general to the question of does this include Charles Manson and the likes of him or indeed anyone else who does things I disagree with or that hurts me and those around.

Love can be used in so many ways but in essence my personal conclusion thus far ( I reserve the right to grow on this point as and when new learning is incorporated into my being) is that love and empathy go hand in hand. Our ability to empathize is very much a measure of our ability to recognize our love. The more we recognize love the more we are able to empathize with what ever the subject/object of that love is. However with the love comes also the ability to be hurt or disappointed with the subject/object of our love at the point at which they do not do as we would have.

When that happens we mistake that feeling for 'not love' when in fact it is the fact that we do love that make us angry, resentful, upset, hurt in the first place. Had we not had love and the ability to empathize that comes with it we would have been untouched by the event.

'Hate' or the idea of 'opposite to love' comes into play as a protective measure in order for us to hide from the fact it could have been us who did that thing had the circumstances placed us there. Mostly we live our lives running from our own potential to do both what is seen as good and bad. But we all have the potential to do both. Most often what causes us to do the worst is when we stop recognizing our love. It is when we stop having empathy for 'you' that we do our worst in the world. Because that is also when we stop recognizing that 'you' and 'I' are connected and that what 'I' do to you will also affect 'me'.

I hope this clarifies my stance further and helps make some sense out of my opening post. Now as for me in this person i recognize no matter how painful it might be that I empathize with you and once recognized there is no hiding from the fact that I love you.

Because that is the reality of my being. I hope this makes some sense even to those that doubt.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

See in recognizing I love you and that I am you I also recognize the potential in me to be or become everything that you are including all the bad stuff. That is a hard thing to do for many, because we would rather pretend to ourselves that those who do bad things are somehow different from us in make up.

What a great response!
I completely agree with the above statement!
Your thoughts and words on unconditional love are some of the best I've seen and come from a place of understanding that many never achieve.

What I have some confusion about was the title of your thread and the closing line of OP:

I think it is the very acceptance/forgiveness of our/others imperfections that leads us towards unconditional love, it certainly doesn't mean we, or anyone else, is "Perfect" because we love them.

Thank you tvTexan - It has taken me a long time to be able to formulate what I fundamentally always have felt. It makes me very happy even if only one person understands what I am trying to communicate.

The Opening and closing to my post simply means that I recognize that I am perfect as a function of you. I can not be perfect without you and viceversa.

And I agree you are not perfect because I love you - I love you because you are perfect which makes me perfect too since I am you

Note: We measure perfection by how well something sits with our idea of how things should be. However our idea is just one of many ideas of what is perfect. In the end perfect is how things are without our additional 'ideas' of things that never actually took place. In effect seeing that things are perfect is the same as your idea of accepting things are not always as we would have them
edit on 2/9/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Your views on love are dangerous. It isn't something that should be spread lavishly around to whomever is near. It is sacred and deserves to be bestowed only on those who deserve it. Anything else is pure vanity, and likely, self-deception.

I'm wary of those who say they love everyone. We know that that love is hollow, weakened and diluted. In then end, those who love everyone end up being the most lonely souls because they gave all their love away and never recieved anything in return.

I wonder how they are dangerous? Please help me understand your point of view. Love just is and I recognize it as such. What I agree with is that if not understood the idea of love as an exhaustible supply that can only be given in the same amounts as it is received like let's say a glass of water is dangerous. Because it leaves us expectant of certain return for the love that we allow ourselves to show. However i disagree with this idea.

Love in my opinion is not an item that can be placed in a vessel and given and taken away at will it is there in unlimited amounts always. It is only our minds ability to recognize that it is that limits us and for some leaves us depleted, feeling less than full-filled and lonely.

But please prove me wrong. Tell me how much love is in a being that they can distribute over a life time and the rate of distribution that should be adhered to in order to never run empty. Is the only way to recover from giving 'too much' love away some how 'getting it back'? In which case how do we do that and how do we measure the amount of love given and received?

What i have found both with work withing myself and by asking others is that the answer to what is love and how is it measured in amount is completely subjective. Leaving me to conclude that it all depends on our idea of what it is, an idea that can change and be revised and often is over a life time. Those who have found unlimited amounts are those that recognize love is unconditional.

What say you?
edit on 2/9/2012 by IAmD1 because: scentence structure

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrift
reply to post by IAmD1

Well.... wasn't that something

It feels like I am reading truth which already lies dormant in my heart, and yet there is something special about having another person say it.

It gives that strength to be more, and that's awesome.

Great skills OP

I'm really happy that 'I' could touch 'you' in some way with these words. You certainly touched me with yours.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you MamaJ and an endless supply of the same to you and yours.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No cake is made of all flour.
No being is made of all love.
And too much of either would be real hard to swallow.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

No cake is made of all flour.
No being is made of all love.
And too much of either would be real hard to swallow.

(mostly) No cake is made without it
And no being born apart from it
too much of anything is not the same as recognizing the amount that is needed in order to make the best of both cake and being. What is being said is pretending that the cake you eat have no flour does not take away from the fact that it does. Recognizing that it does will leave you with a better base to judge how to eat it perhaps? Recognizing the love that is might by the same token leave you with a better base from which to make your judgements and decisions?

No one is advocating having too much if you read the OP again the focus on balance is clear. Although If asked I will most certainly explain.

A question: "what makes 'those' separate from 'these'?"
An answer: " I do"

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1

No one is advocating having too much if you read the OP again the focus on balance is clear.

Sorry, IAm, but the balance isn't clear at all. You completely denied your very human hate, your greed, your sense of self-preservation. Just as a nice cake cannot be made without eggs and sugar and vanilla, a human is not whole unless he/she embraces all aspects of him/herself in the right and healthy proportions.

James T. Kirk in Star Trek: "I need my pain!"
edit on 9/2/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No one is advocating having too much if you read the OP again the focus on balance is clear.

Sorry, IAm, but the balance isn't clear at all. You completely denied your very human hate, your greed, your sense of self-preservation. Just as a nice cake cannot be made without eggs and sugar and vanilla, a human is not whole unless he/she embraces all aspects of him/herself in the right and healthy proportions.

I am not quite sure if you are asking me to explain or telling me what I am not saying and leaving it at that? If you want me to explain the balance in my writing I will, but not unless you are asking me, because I really am not after trying to convince anyone I am simply just sharing my views, feelings and understandings.

I wonder where in my writing am I denying any trait? And what are the right and healthy portions of hate, greed, self-preservation a person should have? I would be happy to hear your views on all the aspects of a human and the right amounts of each that makes up a balanced being. I am genuinely asking because I do not follow how this was relevant to my post but love to have this discussion as soon as I understand where you are going.

Recognizing that I love you does not take away from any human emotions it just gives a different foundation from which to reason on all events that include you.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thanks so much for this thread! Ive always thought it was just me that was always attempting unconditional love and acceptance, whether ones good or (Charles Manson) bad. (I'd have liked to have a few words with him!)

This thread made me smile. Thanks for that. Blessings to you....

Peace, love and light....always.....MS

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I am not quite sure if you are asking me to explain or telling me what I am not saying and leaving it at that? If you want me to explain the balance in my writing I will, but not unless you are asking me, because I really am not after trying to convince anyone I am simply just sharing my views, feelings and understandings.

I wonder where in my writing am I denying any trait? And what are the right and healthy portions of hate, greed, self-preservation a person should have? I would be happy to hear your views on all the aspects of a human and the right amounts of each that makes up a balanced being. I am genuinely asking because I do not follow how this was relevant to my post but love to have this discussion as soon as I understand where you are going.

Recognizing that I love you does not take away from any human emotions it just gives a different foundation from which to reason on all events that include you.

I'm just shootin' the breeze here, IAm. And, maybe I am missing the point. Are you saying that you would defend your family if someone threatened to hurt them, but you would still feel love for this attacker? Do people still get under your skin sometimes? Do you work to earn as much money as you can?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

A nice humanist position, I suppose.

I just hope you don't run into somebody that wants to pull your eye out or worse, or maybe even a little less worse.

I fear that you would be hard pressed to follow through on what you are sure are your undisturbal feelings toward your undying feelings toward them. Perhaps I should amend to say (only) "your dying feelings."

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What a beautiful messages, I wish I could be more like the person you described in your opening post. I try to better myself every day and aspire to love my neighbor as myself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join