It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unaired And Unedited: Paul Ryan Responds To Democrats’ Charges He Lied During RNC Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So, Brian Williams interviews Paul Ryan about his convention speech. Ryan gives some excellent answers. There's only one problem. NBC decided not to air the interview. What were they afraid of?

It just shows another example of the MSM bias.

Paul Ryan NBC Interview

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yet another reason I don't understand why the 99% want to occupy places like Wall street when it's clearly the media who is being used to manipulate the masses.

How can anyone expect to get their word or beliefs out when the Corporate media decides what it is the people are going to hear and see?

If people want to really make a difference why not start with where the lies are being told from? How about going out and Occupy the Media.

What would NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, etc think when it's their buildings being protested in front of with signs of "No more lies"?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Yet another reason I don't understand why the 99% want to occupy places like Wall street when it's clearly the media who is being used to manipulate the masses.

How can anyone expect to get their word or beliefs out when the Corporate media decides what it is the people are going to hear and see?

If people want to really make a difference why not start with where the lies are being told from? How about going out and Occupy the Media.

What would NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, etc think when it's their buildings being protested in front of with signs of "No more lies"?

Yea, because the Media is really worst than Wall Street right?
SIGH!!

Wall street and scumbag fat-cats and devilish bankers got to go FIRST. Then the Media has to be fixed later as its not exactly DESTROYING the average Americans life yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Who said they were worse besides you? You can go protest where ever you want but as long as the word doesn't get out and things aren't spoken in your favor then what is the use? The media being as biased as it has become is only being used to push agendas as shown by the OP.

You have to stop the spreading of lies first, then stop the fat cats as you call them.

edit on 2-9-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: I can't spell today.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So how many people that bashed the snot out of Ryan on another thread for this are going to be open minded enough to watch this and comment on it????

I will be interested to see how many MSM groupie bobble heads we have here.

sad eyed lady

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by afeent1

Well, if NBC would have aired that, it would have refuted the MSM's claims.

Nice job Ryan!

Nice catch OP!

S&F

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Who said they were worse besides you? You can go protest where ever you want but as long as the word doesn't get out and things aren't spoken in your favor then what is the use? The media being as biased as it has become is only being used to push agendas as shown by the OP.

You have to stop the spreading of lies first, then stop the fat cats as you call them.

edit on 2-9-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: I can't spell today.

the Fat Cats own the media and sources of information, they will just buy up sources as they arise.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
He can parse it all he likes, but he still told lies from start to finish. But then he's a Republican, so he wouldn't recognise truth and decency to save his life.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

So what do you suggest?
Grab those ankles?

Those Fat Cats aren't anything without 'us' the consumer. It's not about just occupying the media, it's about starting in the right place.

If you're going up against a giant octopus of an organization as we have here then you need to first disarm the limbs.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Most of that interview was fluff. What Williams and Ryan didn't mention is that the Republicans voted unanimously to bloc Simpson-Bowles for one reason, and one reason alone.

It didn't repeal Obamacare.

While they did offer alternatives, they were not open to any legislation that did not outright repeal Obamacare.

Also, if I am not mistaken, you can be held legally liable for calling someone a "liar". That's why most politicians do not throw that word around unless it can be proven to be a lie beyond a reasonable doubt. They usually say fancy things like "that's categorically false" and terms like that.

So I would be willing to bet that the interview wasn't aired because Ryan was quite weak in defending his speech and didn't want to dig himself a bigger hole.

edit on 2-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ask the liar about lying and what does he do? He lies.

"I said X and Y but I was really talking about A and B."

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That was lots of spinning but that is about it. His entire camp has been spinning why waste people time with more of it? The guy most likely did not write the speech and whoever was suppose to fact check most likely lost a job and now he is stuck trying to turn a hot mess into something positive.

Honestly as much time and work the GOP put into this convention it sure was full of screw ups. Not good sign if you want to run a country.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Mr. Ryan is talking about 'preventing this debt crisis' and he gives fluffy ideas of non-substance as the fixes for said debt crisis...but...and I KNOW he's got to know this because I know this and he is definitely smarter than me in these things and I say that sincerely...he's done this all his life...he KNOWS better than I do that there is but one way to PREVENT a debt crisis....and one way to fix a debt crisis...the first is to NOT BORROW and the second is to PAY BACK what you've borrowed.

But it is impossible to pay for a debt while it is still being incurred. And there is nothing that can make 'in the red' (deficit) 'in the black' except supplying that deficit.

And where the deliberate misrepresentation of truth comes into it is when blame starts getting thrown around as if there is some other expense eating us alive other than this so-called war on terror...

'Other' expenses include ones such as
our hungry neighbors or even our own hungry families...
our need and RIGHT to have adequate health care...
and help when we do need it...
and even a marginal amount of questionable security in our old age...
at the very least, to see some sort of return on a lifetime of invested FICA tax...
helping farmers...
transitioning to better energy sources...
making sure we don't lose the scant amount of industry/manufacturing that has not been moved across the ocean...
making sure everyone has access to a college education if they want it no matter their income or background...
helping families make homes they can actually leave behind as an asset when they depart...not to the bank but to their own children!

We can NOT do those things that we need to do...that Romney and Ryan talk about the same as Obama talks about...with the attitude that we cannot afford to do what is necessary. And as long as we beat around the proverbial burning bush ( no pun intended!
) instead of just pouring a bucket of water on it, NO President...not Obama, not Romney, not even Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne...is going to be able to keep it from steadily getting worse as it already is, much less actually reverse it!

Everything started to go south right around 2001-2002 and it was because of 9/11.
That was, what, only a year into George W.'s first term?

And while I am not blaming what has happened on either GOP or Dems or any sitting or former President...I'm not even going to blame it on the terrorists who did it...they were driven to it, from their point of view....and that gets pretty deep...BUT none of it matters NOW because now we are living in the aftermath which has become a far greater threat upon our survival as Americans...as America...than any plane wrecking a building full of people. That was HORRID...this is even worse.

And what makes it worse is this refusal to face facts, for whatever reason.

Saying that this debt crisis is something Obama created and then failed to deal with...or even that he simply made it worse...is making one man the focused blame-taker for something that the nation, as a whole, permitted to happen.

Admittedly, even in hindsight, I can't come up with anything else we should have could have done...I just don't know. But that does not mean that we can not now decide to face the facts and truly fix the mess we've been wallowing in for the last 11 years.

THE LIE is where the money is being spent. And there have been many lies to keep that LIE both functional and undetected/hidden. One big lie might have been that bin Laden was a threat to us all these 11 years...if so, then it might have been another lie that freed us from that, finally. Either it was a double lie and he died in December 2001 or it was doubly true that he died last May....either way we no longer have a valid excuse for these wars we are imposing upon other countries or this misery we are inflicting upon ourselves in some sort of warped attempt to make our 'homeland' more 'secure.'

And so now they are distracting us from the truth with this melee about the economy. Forget terrorism, suddenly...don't even mention that it fizzled out in a dubious manner...now just focus on the BUDGET and the DEFICIT...but the budget and the deficit took direct hits in this war on terrorism.

Are you seeing the insanity in the viewfinder, yet?

The only true security we can ever hope to gain will have to come through facing the facts...without blaming each other or ourselves or even terrorist groups or WHOMEVER...and dealing with the truth in a truthful manner.

None of this would have ever happened if we would have held truth as highly as we hold our ideals of freedom and democracy (real or imagined or otherwise!
) et al.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
he's already on the defensive

no convention bump for them

all anyone is discussing is the eastwood fiasco

they are toast

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he's already on the defensive

no convention bump for them

all anyone is discussing is the eastwood fiasco

they are toast

Hmm, 4 points is no bump now?

Romney 48, Obama 44

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by afeent1

That's from Rasmusen...they always have Romney ahead by 4 or so. All other polls still have it a pretty even race, so I don't see any bump from the convention at all.

Rasmussen (Monday) 3-Day Tracking 1500 LV 3.0 44 48 Romney +4
Gallup (Monday) 7-Day Tracking 3050 RV 2.0 47 46 Obama +1
Democracy Corps (D) 8/23 - 8/27 1000 LV 3.1 49 47 Obama +2
CBS News 8/22 - 8/26 1051 RV 3.0 46 45 Obama +1
ABC News/Wash Post 8/22 - 8/25 857 RV 4.0 46 47 Romney +1
CNN/Opinion Research 8/22 - 8/23 719 LV 3.5 49 47 Obama +2
FOX News 8/19 - 8/21 1007 LV 3.0 44 45 Romney +1

top topics

join