It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Romney's Business Experience Help in Running a Country?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
We tried the Community Organizer route...Failed miserably.

Going with a businessman is a step in the right direction.

Romney is a joke and everybody knows it.

He can call himself a businessman all he wants but cutting taxes is not going to do anything when he is enlarging government and military at the same time.

And thats only based on if he can keep his CURRENT promises, we don't know what he will promise tomorrow and what promises he will break the day after that.

Remember REPEAL Obamacare? thats long gone.

It turned into REPLACE Obamacare...

Now its well some parts of Obamacare is cool...

lmao, fall for it again people, fall for it again.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Seeing how his business experience is bankrupting companies and wiping out employees retirement funds he will ruin the country faster than Obama could ever dream of doing. But Romney does know how create jobs the problem is those jobs are at homeless shelters food banks and the unemployment office. His type of experience isn't good for this country.

Wow is that true? Or is it that you just continue to regurgitate some left wing blog? You know that he is so squeaky clean that the only thing they can go after him on is his business dealings...

The funny part is they make that up too....ya he is some evil capitalist...oh and that fits with their rich is evil scheme too... funny how that all works out. Do you think those RICH Democrats really care? They just want the 48% votes from those who they can actually fool with this crap.

Just look into it yourself instead of reading some left wing blog that cares little except to get Obama reelected. His group invested into 77 companies...20% went bankrupt years after they were no longer the controlling interest. 8% went bankrupt while they were still in control...i.e. they lost all their investments. The rest are doing just fine today AND have equal or greater number of employees than before Romney was involved.

Lets spin this the other way....Romney saved 48 companies from going bankrupt and EVERYONE from losing their jobs...see how easy it is to do this?

How about this...Romney was extremely successful in taking companies on the brink of failure and making them successful...Romney was extremely successful taking a Winter Olympics from financial failure into a total success story of instead of 350 million in the red to 100 million in the black. Romney was extremely successful as a republican governor in a state where they voted "the democrat" Kennedy into office for 200 years...lol

So what was it that Obama was successful at?

edit on 14-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Romney is a joke and everybody knows it.

He can call himself a businessman all he wants but cutting taxes is not going to do anything when he is enlarging government and military at the same time.

And thats only based on if he can keep his CURRENT promises, we don't know what he will promise tomorrow and what promises he will break the day after that.

Remember REPEAL Obamacare? thats long gone.

It turned into REPLACE Obamacare...

Now its well some parts of Obamacare is cool...

lmao, fall for it again people, fall for it again.

The interesting part is if you replaces Romney with Obama in your statement you would be talking about what Obama has ACTUALLYdone these last four years...lol

So you going again with the guy who has actually failed?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
People have the totally wrong idea about presidents. The last president that made any real decisions was JFK. Since then, and most especially in recent decades there job is to be glorified teleprompter readers. They must:

- Look and smile like a spokes model
- Be able to read a teleprompter
- Give a speach
- Dress well
- Act poised confident and dignified
- Come from a well groomed and wealthy family
- Have a backgound in law or business
- work a room

Stuff like that...

But they don't decide on anything what so ever. That's not what they do. They don't decide any policies, make policies, Make important executive decisions. Seriously, that's old school. Presidents follow orders from the secret government. And individuals that run basically what is essencially the north american union, and western hemisphere. Why do you think the winners always attend the Bilderburg conferrence?

I know that might sound strange but the people making the decisions don't get elected. It doesn't work that way. But the people in there goofy child like condition needs to think they live in a free republic etc etc. So they have to do this whole thing of holding elections, even though we all know the voting machines decide who wins. then they do this whole thing of thinking that the president is making all kinds of important decisions because of the brainwashing they've been taught. So that gives the country the feeling of freedom.

Seriously they're glorified teleprompter readers. They're male spokes models. Taht's all they are. They don't decide nothing! ie: a paid actor might be able to at least have dialog with the director and producer but they don't write, direct or produce the show. They just have to read there lines and act out the performance. That's all it is. there are directors and producers and script writers behind the scenes that already have a narrative they use, and get the president to follow.

edit on 14-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I was listening to a radio talk show discussion yesterday. I don't get names because I'm usually driving when listening to talk radio.

The guest speaker was a business man who built or assisted in building companies and local infra-structure in many parts of the country.

He said - - Romney has no real experience in building a business. He is in reality a Corporate Raider.

He strips businesses and destroys the local economy.

So maybe if Obama actually did something in his life we could critique him too. Let's see... a ho hum college student... a community organizer... a junior Senator from just about the most politically corrupt state... lol what do we do with this? I could critique him on being President ( I think that is what is important right now) and it would not be good....and I'm not even talking about a totally failed economic program.

Ok so Romney took a failing Winter Olympics from a 350 million deficit into a successful 100 million profit... He was also a successful republican governor in a democratic state....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

So maybe if Obama actually did something in his life we could critique him too. Let's see... a ho hum college student... a community organizer... a junior Senator from just about the most politically corrupt state... lol what do we do with this? I could critique him on being President ( I think that is what is important right now) and it would not be good....and I'm not even talking about a totally failed economic program.

Ho hum - - same old - same old with you.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I don't believe I have ever, once said I would support Obama. I didn't in 08 and I won't now.

That doesn't mean I will support Romney. I don't advocate third world election fraud. Do you?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I don't believe I have ever, once said I would support Obama. I didn't in 08 and I won't now.

That doesn't mean I will support Romney. I don't advocate third world election fraud. Do you?

The problem is with one the we have factual failures, and the other has never failed, and so we just see far left spin of speculative arguments with nothing in them but opinions of those who want Obama.

In your case you want neither, but one has failed the laste four years so is that what you want again? Or are you going to just take your ball and go home....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I've got news for you. I'm not a Romney supporter by ANY means.

However, there is hardly a world leader out there who had experience in leading a country before they became leader of their country.

Business experience MIGHT have helped, had he been in the business of managing large groups of people, or multiple situations at the same time involving life and death decisions.

At Bain Capital, all Mitt did was look at balance sheets and see if businesses using their services could afford their fees.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You know, I would vote Obama if he was successful, but it seems that he is failing in EVERY category. It's not much to debate....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
At Bain Capital, all Mitt did was look at balance sheets and see if businesses using their services could afford their fees.

How about his very successful 3 years as the Winter Olympics CEO...how about his successful run as a GOVERNOR!!! jeez

BTW he was managing 1.1 billion at Bain.... lol you are not going to give the guy a single credit? It wasn't fees..it was buying into a company, making it successful then selling the stock as a profit...big difference there too in difficulty.

Come on, compared to Mr community organizer... what the hell is that anyway...what did Obama organize...can we name one thing?

Lastly when you compare a Governor to a Senator there is a world of difference in the scope of responsibility. A Governor is basically a President of a state and a Senator is a paper pusher...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Absolutely not! If anything, it would be the straw that broke the camels' back. I have serious doubts that America, as we know it, would even survive a Romney presidency. He would sell us out to the highest bidder and run for the hills, the hills of Switzerland that is.

Running a country, if anything, is the opposite of running a business. It's about meeting the collective needs of it's people and profit margins should never be part of that discussion. It's the same reason that fire depts. and police depts. are run as non-profits. You don't buy stock in them and they don't pay dividends, they're there to serve the needs of the people.

F&S to the Heretic. It's a good question and everyone needs to consider the implications.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The problem is with one the we have factual failures, and the other has never failed, and so we just see far left spin of speculative arguments with nothing in them but opinions of those who want Obama.

In your case you want neither, but one has failed the laste four years so is that what you want again? Or are you going to just take your ball and go home....

Thats where we disagree. You actually don't think Romney is a failure.

I do.

Most people are only voting for Romney because he isn't Obama. You actually think he is successful and will be the perfect candidate, which is very odd because his future actions are extremely hard to predict, given his wishy washy past. And please don't call him a republican, he isn't even a mainstream neoconservative republican.

I consider that, head-in-the-sand behavior.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You know, I would vote Obama if he was successful, but it seems that he is failing in EVERY category. It's not much to debate....

But he's not.

That's just what you want and choose to believe.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yes Obomneys great business experience will be a tremendous benefit as he "runs" the country just as he is ordered to. I especially think that his vast experience at obtaining start up money( for Baine Capital) from the leaders of central american death squads will be particularly usefull in the upcoming American Neo-feudalism period. SIEG-HEIL!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Thats where we disagree. You actually don't think Romney is a failure.

I do.

Most people are only voting for Romney because he isn't Obama. You actually think he is successful and will be the perfect candidate, which is very odd because his future actions are extremely hard to predict, given his wishy washy past. And please don't call him a republican, he isn't even a mainstream neoconservative republican.

I consider that, head-in-the-sand behavior.

You know, if a President can take one item off my bucket lists of things I wish a President would do he is successful in my eyes...Obama has basically doubled my list.

I'm not some right wing conservative, but I'm sure the hell not whatever Obama is either... I typically vote republican but in 2008 I didn't vote at all. I have some personal issues with McCain and Obama was some wet behind the ears Senator who had a more far left voting record than Kennedy did.

I predictions of Obama have been spot on and I bet my predictions of Romney are damn close too.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

But he's not.

That's just what you want and choose to believe.

Can you name something then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join