Will Romney's Business Experience Help in Running a Country?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Mitt Romney Calls America a COMPANY

"Paul Ryan and I understand how the economy works, we understand how Washington works, we will reach across the aisle and find good people who, like us, want to make sure this company deals with its challenges,"

Yes, it was a slip. But it got me thinking, what if it was a Freudian Slip and he's planning on attacking this country's problems with similar strategy as he would a failing company... A corporation's goal is to make money. Profit is the first and last concern of a business. And, as Romney knows, many times the employees suffer for the good of the company.

This is the heart and soul of Mitt Romney. America is just another company for him to turn around. Let me remind you about how he "turns around" companies.

He loads them with debt.
He strips their assets.
He merges them with other companies if it's profitable for him to do so.
He sends jobs overseas.

That's the Romney model, except there's this one problem. The United States of America isn't a company. It's a country. And countries don't work like corporations. At least, not yet.

Source

Not to mention that the CEOs of companies make nearly 400 times the pay that the workers make... Is this the plan Romney has in store for "The Corporation of America"? Source

Do you think a country's problems can be solved using the same strategy that would save a failing company?

Are we asking Bain to same our country?

edit on 9/2/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I know you're having technical difficulties but, I love your signature and since there's no topic yet...I'm not off topic

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Thanks.

There are a lot of very informative sources at this link.

When Romney was CEO of Bain Capital, his idea of getting companies “on track again” was to ‘pioneer’ the practice of outsourcing U.S. jobs to China, handing out pink slips to thousands of workers, raiding pensions, and even extending his hand out for a sizable federal bailout. But no matter how bad things got for the workers under Bain’s control, Romney almost always walked away with millions in profit for himself and a tiny group of investors.

And judging by Romney’s own campaign blueprints, the ‘Bain Pain’ way is exactly how Mr. “Corporations are people, my friend” would run the country. Romney’s plans for making sure America Inc. “deals with its challenges” means making things far more challenging for middle-class families. By conservative estimates, the Romney plan would shed 360,000 jobs in 2013 alone while rewarding big corporations that outsource jobs and shelter profits overseas more than $1 trillion in tax breaks and more incentive than ever to outsource.

Americans United

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Seeing how his business experience is bankrupting companies and wiping out employees retirement funds he will ruin the country faster than Obama could ever dream of doing. But Romney does know how create jobs the problem is those jobs are at homeless shelters food banks and the unemployment office. His type of experience isn't good for this country.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Will Romney's Business Experience Help in Ruining a Country?

Undoubtedly. His business record speaks for itself. It is expected he will take America much further along than it has been to date. He is one of the masters of the art. GW Bush should be green with envy, Obama a mere pretender.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think it would be a tragedy for our great nation to be run like a business.

The number one goal of a business is to profit, as you mentioned. The number one goal of government is to serve the public as needed and to enforce contract laws on business' and individuals.

In my opinion, the biggest difference is embodied in the General Welfare Clause.

A General Welfare clause is a section that appeared in many constitutions, as well as in some charters and statutes, which provides that the governing body empowered by the document may enact laws to promote the general welfare of the people, sometimes worded as the public welfare.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Will he run this country ANY different then the current one? Sure. But in the end, more Liberty's gone, as I expect him to continue the same doctrine, set forth by the many Presidents, before him. These elitists, are absolutely the same, as our votes, are the ONLY thing, they want from us. They already have the tax money to play with, so that is really the only thing, they need from the populous. Our vote.

Romney will be a warmonger, kill list President, just like Obama. His business Experience, will just be a side note, on how to delegate someone else, to do his dirty work, as any good businessman does. A businessman's Pontius Pilate.

S&F

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yes it will, as long as the plan is to take from the poor and give to the rich.

He's been doing that for years

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
We tried the Community Organizer route...Failed miserably.

Going with a businessman is a step in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
As long as he doesn't have the same idiosincracies as Mr. Berlusconi. Good Luck!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was listening to a radio talk show discussion yesterday. I don't get names because I'm usually driving when listening to talk radio.

The guest speaker was a business man who built or assisted in building companies and local infra-structure in many parts of the country.

He said - - Romney has no real experience in building a business. He is in reality a Corporate Raider.

He strips businesses and destroys the local economy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You either serve the private business or the public. Running one like the other is a recipe for disaster on either front.

Same thing should apply to the revolving door of lobbyists as well.

Should be a wall between the two just like there is church and state.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ill take anything Romney has done-businesswise over

Obama's carreer of community organizing and Acron---- Anyday.

Obama said it himself... if I can't get it done in my first time vote me out.

Okay... Lets give the other side a try at it. It can't get too much worse... unless we stay on the ObamaPath.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think him being a puppet for the status quo will help him alot more.

Just like the one you have now, the one before him, and the one before him ect.

Different faces of the same coin, is all we are ever offered. none of them bring any real change, everything will stay just as it is.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've said this before - probably worth posting again.. just because.

I actually did a bit of research on this and found a pretty good article on Romney's time at Bain from the Wall Street Journal.

It seems (at least to me) to be a fairly balanced article.

So,it should be sure to make both the anti and the pro Romney people here angry.

Romney at Bain: Big Gains, Some Busts

The Wall Street Journal, aiming for a comprehensive assessment, examined 77 businesses Bain invested in while Mr. Romney led the firm from its 1984 start until early 1999, to see how they fared during Bain's involvement and shortly afterward.

Among the findings: 22% either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested, sometimes with substantial job losses. An additional 8% ran into so much trouble that all of the money Bain invested was lost.

Another finding was that Bain produced stellar returns for its investors—yet the bulk of these came from just a small number of its investments. Ten deals produced more than 70% of the dollar gains.

10 businesses out of the 77 reviewed produced significant dollar gains. In addition, many went bankrupt or ran into trouble later on.

The net on those 10 is shown below.

The article goes into some detail and it does mention that many of the later bankruptcies are clustered in the economic downturn.

I guess how he did depends on how and what you measure.

Did Bain make money? Yes, lots of it. Many of Bain's firms were not "winners" but those few that were winners made Bain lots of money.

Did Bain build long term, successful companies? Not too many. It had more flops than winners by a good margin

So, if he runs America like a business then it depends - what is the goal of the business of America Co. to Romney?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
No, He will make things worse for the majority of American's except for the .1% at the top.
The purpose of the government is to serve all people in this country and not the few elite.

We need less of people like Wall Street Romney and Wall Street Obama in office and more people dedicated to helping the country for all.

There needs to be a Wall put up between the Multi National Corporations and Financial Sectors and our government that are destroying this country for the few that gain.
edit on 12-9-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Truth is jobs are coming back and if Rommy wins he'll get the credit. If La Bamba wins he'll take the credit truth is it's the worlds economy is bringing the jobs back. High fuel, Higher wages and lower quality not to mention the buy America campagin that is just warming up. Whoever wins will win the credit. Several empty factories here have sold and a lot of companies are expanding. The world knows American quality.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Originally posted by Frogs
Did Bain build long term, successful companies? Not too many. It had more flops than winners by a good margin

And in both flops and winners, the top 1% (or Bain) profited, while the workers lost their jobs, their savings and homes. And Romney laughed all the way to the bank.

So, if he runs America like a business then it depends - what is the goal of the business of America Co. to Romney?

Te same as it was with Bain and the same as it has always been: Profit for those at the top.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

I'm more interested in the methods used in those successful companies.

If you kick out unions - - replace high paid professionals - - cut insurance benefits - - scale down expenses (which rarely means top CEO's etc).

Ya see?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think his business experience will help the people of this country. Shortly everyone will be watching his speeches on TV. Nobody will be working after he outsources all the jobs, everyone will be watching the Bloob tube because that's all they will be able to afford to do......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join