It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unofficial Real Time Presidential Debate Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I guess they made sure Bush was fully briefed on domestic issues, in order not to repeat the blunder committed by Bush Sr. in 1992 on the same topic - of which he had a really poor grasp.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I wish I could type in spanish english is to dificult, to type as I listen.

sorry for the mistakes.

That's ok, Marg; my president isn't the best at English, either!

link   
Kerry just called us all idiots!

I can take care of my own retirement...SWEAR TO YOUR GOD OR MY GOD KERRY!

Fark you and the Terry-Kerry that bought your ticket into town.

link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Self interest conquers all.

isn't that the American way
I just want what they have

[edit on 10-13-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Oh that moderator hit it on the head with the SS questions.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trojanex
President: "i'm not so sure its credible to quote leading news organizations..."

HAHAHA, Yes!!

That was exactly what came to my mind when Kerry first said it.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Kerry has a good point - how is it that Clinton, pressured (true) by a Republican Congress, balanced the books - but Bush created a deficit? Are the war expenses so big?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
How many damn times can he say This is the first president to lose jobs.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
For the "I don't know how many time", fiscal legislation (taxation, spending) comes from the House of Representatives... Nowhere else. Period.

link   
Kerry, says that the plan of taking the social security is going to be a disaster, I think he is right due to the fact of the deficit we have.

Kerry, talking about the problem with the social security he said he will not do anything to raised the age of retirement or lowe the benefits, bush deficit is hurting the social security.

kerry brings the lost of jobs the highest in 72 years.

bush said kerry voted to raise the tax on social security, bush bring the tax relief (something that I do not enjoy) Bush is not saying anything new.

link   
Blackjackal - that's a political play. Things they want the public to remember. Just like Bush repeating a few times "You can run but you can't hide" in the last debate... or that the war was "hard work" in the first debate.

link   
Uh, Kerry, there never was the mythical surplus. A "predicted surplus" means nothing. Some of us know the truth, sir.

He has a plan to put us back to work. Gee, is he wanting to work in the government or be a business CEO? The government doesn't put me to work.
Speaking of work, businesses hire people. They need tax cuts, too.

Why is it that people like Kerry forget that the top 10% pay over 50% of income tax? Do they think those people shouldn't have their own money, too?
Simple pandering for votes.

link   
this tax thing is really getting to me. both Bush and Kerry are "right" on this depending on if you're rich or not rich

Everyone got a benefit from the tax cut, but the rich got more than everybody else.

That's the whole freaking argument, why can't they make it clear and pick a side, either the rich pay more or they don't. pick a side and tell it to us straight.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Kerry has a good point - how is it that Clinton, pressured (true) by a Republican Congress, balanced the books - but Bush created a deficit? Are the war expenses so big?

Absolute power corrupts absolutley. Republican President and Republican majority makes for no good. Moonies.

link   

Clinton's Economy was all paper but no substance it was based on potential not actuals it was the Dot.com Boom and Bust. Bush reaped the consequences of Clintons easy ride.

link   
Uh, Marg, Bush says nothing new, and Kerry lies. That should come through in English or Spanish!
Welcome to American politics.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Time ran a big article on the porous Arizona border - apparently enough Mexicans crossed into the U.S. in 2003 to fill 60 Boeings every day.

And apparently Bush's statement that his government would help illegal immigrants take jobs Americans aren't filling was received in Mexico as an invitation to cross into the U.S.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The increased spending post 9/11, combined with the contraction of the economy, led to some upside down fiscal policy. We are just starting to catch up now that the economy is doing better (two years to catch up on).

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Kerry is having to back track! He must have been shown up.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
People should read that article about the border problems with Mexico. And they dared accuse Canada of not having a strong enough border...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join