This forum needs renaming, it is designed to be biased rather than impartial

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Notice it is not called "Origins, Creationism and Evolution conspiracy" it is just "Origins and CREATIONISM Conspiracy. Thus the forum admins are already deciding what we are to think and believe and you are herding us like sheep, to only focus on "Creationism" as a conspiracy and not "Evolution"

What is the illuminati curriculum teaching in classrooms today? Evolution. They do everything they can to remove any questioning of evolution, or suggestion of Intelligent Design. So we should be allowed to think either way, rather than have ATS steer our opinion .


The forum simply needs renaming to a more fair and balanced name




posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
Notice it is not called "Origins, Creationism and Evolution conspiracy" it is just "Origins and CREATIONISM Conspiracy. Thus the forum admins are already deciding what we are to think and believe and you are herding us like sheep, to only focus on "Creationism" as a conspiracy and not "Evolution"

What is the illuminati curriculum teaching in classrooms today? Evolution. They do everything they can to remove any questioning of evolution, or suggestion of Intelligent Design. So we should be allowed to think either way, rather than have ATS steer our opinion .


The forum simply needs renaming to a more fair and balanced name


The "Origins and Creationism Conspiracy" forum needs to be renamed "Fictional Nonsense".

Its FAKE nonsense and should be titled as such if a name change is in order....
edit on 2-9-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled
 


I can see what you're saying, but let's take a look at the forum descrpition.



This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the organized conspiracy to influence science education through the introduction of creationism and other non-scientific origin concepts.


In my opinion. That itself sounds pretty "evolution friendly".



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Spiritfilled
 


I can see what you're saying, but let's take a look at the forum descrpition.



This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the organized conspiracy to influence science education through the introduction of creationism and other non-scientific origin concepts.


In my opinion. That itself sounds pretty "evolution friendly".


I agree



"/thread"



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Darwin's theory of evolution is but a theory that has been given official approval to be taught as fact.
This does not mean it is true however

Nor does it mean it is true that Creationism is fact
Nor Intelligent design.

It is debatable and there are flaws on all sides of the debate
edit on 2-9-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
Notice it is not called "Origins, Creationism and Evolution conspiracy" it is just "Origins and CREATIONISM Conspiracy. Thus the forum admins are already deciding what we are to think and believe and you are herding us like sheep, to only focus on "Creationism" as a conspiracy and not "Evolution"

What is the illuminati curriculum teaching in classrooms today? Evolution. They do everything they can to remove any questioning of evolution, or suggestion of Intelligent Design. So we should be allowed to think either way, rather than have ATS steer our opinion .


The forum simply needs renaming to a more fair and balanced name


The "Origins and Creationism Conspiracy" forum needs to be renamed "Fictional Nonsense".

Its FAKE nonsense and should be titled as such if a name change is in order....
edit on 2-9-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)


Interesting.....over and over again I see the hate from evolutionists on this forum. It is quite sad since we are all entitled to our own opinion and the op brings up a very solid point.

"Fictional nonsense" you say. Are you unaware of the assumptions you have to call "fact" in order to validate evolution? Don't believe me? Check for yourself.

In conclusion, Evolution requires just as much faith as creationism. I agree with you op, this forum name should be changed for it is bias.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Read up on the scientific definitions of the terms "theory" and "fact". That you walked away from school with such a complete misunderstanding says volumes about our education system.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gurudsmer
 


In conclusion, another creationist attempting to muddy the waters with their ignorance.

I don't even know why this forum exists. A "debate" with creationists is exactly the same: correcting ignorant statement after ignorant statement. You grab ANY creationist post/thread in this forum and you'll find basic, elementary errors and misunderstandings about science and evolution. The idea that any meaningful, informed "debate" can take place is simply laughable.

This forum should be renamed "correcting yet more ignorant creationist statements".



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I would just use the forum to speak about it, and not bother with having it renamed or what other people think should be discussed here. If the moderators close threads because they are not about Darwinism, then put it somewhere else.

If you post something interesting, it will get attention no matter the forum name. Many of the most interesting threads are moved to Skunk Works since they are not scientific. It doesnt matter to me where they are as long as they can be read.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Read up on the scientific definitions of the terms "theory" and "fact". That you walked away from school with such a complete misunderstanding says volumes about our education system.


Could you please suggest where I might find A Scientific Definition of fact and theory
Or what your point is



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Read up on the scientific definitions of the terms "theory" and "fact". That you walked away from school with such a complete misunderstanding says volumes about our education system.


Could you please suggest where I might find A Scientific Definition of fact and theory
Or what your point is


He simply means this:



Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.[3] This is significantly different from the word "theory" in common usage, which implies that something is unproven or speculative


Source: Wikipedia - Scientific Theory



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled
 


Isn't there an evolution forum? It's a little counter-productive to put two different concepts in a single forum. The chaos would be endless. As long as there is an actual evolution forum, and both sides are seeing their fair share of discussion, I don't see the problem.

And come to think of it, I don't see your question being very impartial either. Oh wait, it's you, Spiritfilled. No wonder. Never mind, I'll just leave this here and vacate the thread.

The last couple days have shown me exactly the...erm, quality of your posting character.
edit on 2-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimitiveWorld
 


Thank you for that explanation.
Yet my point still stands
It is debatable IE The theory of Evolution or Creationism or Intelligent Design

All sides of the debate have interesting points to make
Such points do not invalidate others in my opinion
-



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by gurudsmer
 


In conclusion, another creationist attempting to muddy the waters with their ignorance.

I don't even know why this forum exists. A "debate" with creationists is exactly the same: correcting ignorant statement after ignorant statement. You grab ANY creationist post/thread in this forum and you'll find basic, elementary errors and misunderstandings about science and evolution. The idea that any meaningful, informed "debate" can take place is simply laughable.

This forum should be renamed "correcting yet more ignorant creationist statements".


Care to elaborate why I am so "ignorant"? What statement have I made that is ignorant?

I am sorry that "creationists" beliefs upset you so much.

Yes I agree that any meaningful, informed "debate" can take place is simply laughable as well. Since every time we do, we get comments such as yours which add little to no insight to the debate.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The forum is there to discuss the topics, not the forum title.
Don't like it? Leave.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Darwin's theory of evolution is but a theory that has been given official approval to be taught as fact.
This does not mean it is true however

Nor does it mean it is true that Creationism is fact
Nor Intelligent design.

It is debatable and there are flaws on all sides of the debate
edit on 2-9-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)


Actually the term "scientific theory" is used when its the best known method to describe the events in our enviroment, and can be used to predict certain outcomes accurately over and over again.

Evolution happens all around us, and on all different scales. We can see this with hundreds of thousands of pieces from the fossil record, and even from bacteria who within just a few generations in a pietri dish can change drastically. Dna research and theories are improving all the time and can be used to show the mechanics of these changes.

The fact that evolution happens is not up for debate, only some of the mechanics of how these changes are directed. That will never truly be understood until every observable case is studied and documented. That would take a long time so they just call it a theory until new evidence comes to light which requires a better explanation to describe it.

Evolution however cannot discount a creator, but then that is not what the theory of evolution was meant to do, and there is actually no argument which can disprove something which cannot be observed. It is not meant to describe the origin of life, only the changes and patterns we observe in all living things.

The theory of evolution completely disproves "creationism" if you are talking about the brand which claims that we were created and have always existed in the same form in which we appear today. Some claim 6000 years ago which is even more disprovable.






edit on 2-9-2012 by Tennessee77 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Read up on the scientific definitions of the terms "theory" and "fact". That you walked away from school with such a complete misunderstanding says volumes about our education system.


Could you please suggest where I might find A Scientific Definition of fact and theory
Or what your point is


My point is calling evolution "just a theory" is a common misconception used by people to imply that a scientific theory is some wild guess or that somehow scientific theories become "facts" when enough evidence supports them. This is grossly incorrect. The scientific definitions of the terms "fact" and "theory" have very specific terms. A scientific theory is the gold standard in human understanding. Calling evolution "just a theory" is a inaccurate as calling germ theory, gravity, circuit theory, plate tectonics and so on "just theories".



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
double post
edit on 2-9-2012 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth
 


Thanks for explaining your reasoning.
I understand your point better now



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled
 


I don't agree. As you pointed out, it is called Origins & Creationism. The way I see it, Evolution is merely one aspect of our Origins. In my opinion you are perceiving a bias that is not there. It seems your biased stance on Evolution is allowing you to perceive a "threat" that is not there.

I don't think the forum deserves a change of name.
edit on 2-9-2012 by My_Reality because: ERROR!





new topics
top topics
 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join


Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant