It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLOTUS Michelle Obama Prepares Course on How To Shop for Groceries

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It shows, if anything, my propensity to distrust the intentions of political figures. Especially since the precedent has been set in regard to government mandated purchases at the federal level.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

You come up with a plan then. Besides "Useless stupid things like this", what exactly is she supposed to do to curb obesity? Like, what, purchase everyone liposuction?

The Obamas seem to have "world changing" ideas and solutions to the problems of the world and then they get pissed because people don't like the solutions they give.

Obesity is something that we really don't have to worry about...It's a contradiction because those on the far left also believe that the world has dwindling resources and that we cannot possibly feed the whole world, well then why is there a so-called obesity problem??

It's made up nonsense to make us feel bad about the choices fat people make! I've watched shows like the Biggest Loser and I know some very fat people myself. Human will is the only thing that is going to change the fat people's mind, about losing some weight. Their doctor, friends, family, parents, and the government can only talk to them so much, but again. McDonalds is open 24/7! They can and do easily sneak away and order a large meal.
edit on 2-9-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Obesity is something that we really don't have to worry about...It's a contradiction because those on the far left also believe that the world has dwindling resources and that we cannot possibly feed the whole world, well then why is there a so-called obesity problem??

I cannot slap my forehead enough.
The obesity problem is not from eating too much!
You would know this if you listened to the FLOTUS advice.

Only on ATS would eating more natural and less processed food be a bad idea because of who said it. When Alex Jones says the same stuff it is gospel.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

You come up with a plan then. Besides "Useless stupid things like this", what exactly is she supposed to do to curb obesity? Like, what, purchase everyone liposuction?

The Obamas seem to have "world changing" ideas and solutions to the problems of the world and then they get pissed because people don't like the solutions they give.

It's made up nonsense to make us feel bad about the choices fat people make! I've watched shows like the Biggest Loser and I know some very fat people myself. Human will is the only thing that is going to change the fat people's mind, about losing some weight. Their doctor, friends, family, parents, and the government can only talk to them so much, but again. McDonalds is open 24/7! They can and do easily sneak away and order a large meal.
edit on 2-9-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

There is a lot more to weight problems than just willpower my friend. There are so many factors that can dictate weight that it is hard for each individual to figure out what works best for them....if anything will work at all.

I think it is very short-sighted to say such things. If you have a political beef with the Obama's, that's fine. But don't try to cut people off at the knees just so you can make a point.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If following its diet tips will earn you a body just like the Wookie, there, well...

I'll take the advice of someone in a little better shape. And maybe one who actually GOES shopping sometimes, without servants to hold everything.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
If following its diet tips will earn you a body just like the Wookie, there, well...

I'll take the advice of someone in a little better shape. And maybe one who actually GOES shopping sometimes, without servants to hold everything.

[sarcasm]Come on now you can't "prove" she doesn't shop sometimes so she must be an expert. Besides, do not question the royal we. She only wants’ what is best for us. [/sarcasm]

If my wife and I pre-kids (both Army Officers working 15 hours a day making less than 100k a year combined) ate almost every meal out I can almost be certain that the Obama's both lawyers making 6 figures and in politics did the same. When we had a get together we had it catered - and we made a lot less than the Obama’s.

I personally doubt Michelle was out at Food Lion weekly getting food and planning a weekly menu for the two professionals who likely worked 16+ hours a day.

I surely don't believe that when the girls came along with him in politics and having power diners and nightly publicity events they didn't have some "help" do the shopping and feed the girls.

Sorry, I just don't buy the "everyman" routine. I don't expect them to be everyman - I'm cool with people having money and help.

My wife and I make about 200k (I am less busy and make a lot less than the Obama's) a year now and we have help. She is the wife of my dairy manager. I pay him part of his wages in housing and a vehicle. There was an older farm house on the property when we bought it 3 bedroom 1.5 bath. She cooks one meal (diner) and cleans and does the laundry once a week. If he stays 20 years I intend to deed him the house and 5 acres as his retirement since I don't have enough employees to get a decent 401k retirement matching plan.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Like Who? Billy Mays? ENJOY!!!

Is the First Lady "out of shape"?

I challenge you...IF you even hold the heart of a female, the post her pic vs. Mrs. Obama.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

If Michelle Obama or any Obama ever said eating a dog doo snow cone was Bad for you
YOU would eat a dog doo snow cone just out of spite. This is what your posts sound like.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Did not mean to reply...
edit on 2-9-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

To me this smacks of the further dumbing-down in this country.

More like the country has already been dumbed down to the point where practically no one knows how to fix a healthy meal anymore. Next time you are in the store look at what other people have in their carts. It's mostly junk food that's preprocessed and full chemicals. No wonder most of the kids nowadays are little tubs of lard.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius
reply to post by jjf3rd77

If Michelle Obama or any Obama ever said eating a dog doo snow cone was Bad for you
YOU would eat a dog doo snow cone just out of spite. This is what your posts sound like.

This is the hardcore truth that people will refuse to acknowledge on this forum. The anti-Obama rhetoric has deluded people so much that no matter what they say or do it is evil. A basic fallacy is committed by suggesting something is bad just because it comes from a source you don't like. I will note, that it is also equally as fallacious to say something is good just because it comes from a source as well.

To deny ignorance also means to deny instinctive feelings of hate just because an Obama appears next to the source. Content matters, and I don't see a single post that has argued that the content of what she is saying is bad.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Aww, how was this OFF TOPIC? Funny, yes...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
at first glance.. reading about stuff like this infuriates the living crap out of me but then i realize there's actually people who definitely need guidance like this. i know families who are on limited incomes and will buy microwave meals and out of being completely lazy will pretty much buy every thing that take little to no effort to prepare and then after grocery shopping with their monthly budget for food and running out not even half way through the month they blame everyone else. i'm sympathetic but if you don't take the time to figure these things out the fault lays on you.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

First how how much are they paying you to spew such rubbish?
Do you honestly think this administration have something to teach us that we don't already know? I really hope you don't need the government to tell you how to shop.
edit on 3-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by LeatherNLace

First how how much are they paying you to spew such rubbish?
Do you honestly think this administration have something to teach us that we don't already know? I really hope you don't need the government to tell you how to shop.
edit on 3-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

Do you honestly think each and every American knows how to shop well?
Well as in spending less, getting more, and getting more nutrition.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
So, what causes should FLOTUS take up then?

Why the need to take up any? But if they feel the need to take one up .. how about one that does not talk down to us and doesn't preach to us and doesn't invade our privacy? To Nancy Reagan .. it's none of your business if someone wants to light up a joint. To Michele Obama .. it's none of your business if a grown up wants to eat a bag of Lays Potato Chips.

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
Okay, then please inform us what tax money she is using?

She isn't paying for the internet site she's using to pontificate to us all.
Guess who is? TAXPAYERS
And the staff .. who REALLY wrote all that 'advice' ...
Guess who is paying for that? TAXPAYERS

My tax money is covering the costs for the FLOTUS to give 'shopping lessons' to grown ups .. telling us not to eat potato chips or drink soda or whatever. It's obnoxious. If she wants a 'cause' then find something not invasive and not something where she 'talks down' to people. If she's still hell-bent on insinuating herself into the eating habits of Americans, she can try to get more grocery stores with into inner cities instead of this 'grocery shopping lesson' nonsense.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My tax money is covering the costs for the FLOTUS to give 'shopping lessons' to grown ups .. telling us not to eat potato chips or drink soda or whatever. It's obnoxious.

maybe it wasn't your tax money that went into this

maybe your tax money went into the war machine - and mine went into lectures about the evils of potato chips

there's no tellin' how our money gets spent - but I'm sure they always put it to good use

they mean well

:-)

edit on 9/3/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

She is presuming to give unsolicited advice to adults who are VERY capable of living without it.

You are assuming because you know how to shop in a healthy way that all "grown ups" do.

There are many adults with children who do NOT know how to shop for and cook a healthy meal.

Those of a fast food, and ready made generation do need guidance on how to shop for healthy foods that are light on the budget, and heavy on the nutrients.

The woman cares about health, and is trying to help show others how to care about their health, and you attack her for it??

edit on 3-9-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join