It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLOTUS Michelle Obama Prepares Course on How To Shop for Groceries

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Her obesity thing is a sham! Gov't can't tell people how to regulate their bodies, more less you can't change the way americans eat in this 24/7 world. McDonalds and Stabucks are always open. No time to make dinner. Oh well...

More bad propaganda coming from the White House who's campaign is sorely lacking in feel good Obama material, so they have to call in the wife! They also are releasing the White House beer recipe!!! YEAH!!!! Oh wait I don't drink, guess I must be crazy!

Michelle is the one person Obama trusts more than most of his staff and 100X more than anybody who thinks differently from him. Michelle has some scary power in the White House!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Its just shopping tips, on a website no ones ever heard of...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Shouldn't she address the fact that people don't have money to buy groceries first?

Why should the first lady address that?
What is she going to do about?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Michelle is the one person Obama trusts more than most of his staff and 100X more than anybody who thinks differently from him. Michelle has some scary power in the White House!

What power are you talking about?
What are you all getting upset over?
What is the problem here?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by jjf3rd77

Michelle Obama has been working on this obesity campaign for years now, it has nothing to do with the election. Shes suggesting a healthier diet, not shutting down fast food places. Relax, you can still be as fat and unhealthy as you want lol.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Didn't you know an obese stupid public is the Republican plot? Nothing gets on my nerves more than people that attack Mrs. Obama and her childhood obesity initiative. It is pure stupidity, all she can and has done is offer suggestions to help prevent it. The fact is American children are starting to think fat and stupid is the way to go through life. And clearly American parents do not know how to shop for groceries, their fat kids that cant see much less touch their toes proves it.

You know what is really funny. Many of the same posters screaming about this in this thread are all over ATS complaining about how Americans are brainwashed sheeple under control of the MSM, busy watching reality TV and trying to be like Snooki. Michelle offers some tips on shopping for food in a better way and "NO WE IS ALL TOO SMART AND DOESNT NEED NO FIRST LADY FORCING US TO EAT OUR BROCCOLI!!!! WE DON WANNA AN WE AINT GONNA!!!!"

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Seriously??? You all in the White House think grown up Americans want your instructions to us on how to grocery shop?? Who the heck do you think you are? Nanny state gone wild!

Nanny State gone wild?

I think you just like saying 'Nanny State' :-)

Not sure why this upsets you so much - it's very telling

We have an obesity and diet related health crisis going on in this country

Also - times are hard. Not everyone is a nutritionist. Not everyone knows how to get the most nutritional bang for their buck. If you do - well - great

I don't see the harm in a little advice...it's just advice - not an executive order

Who the heck do you think you are?

So, that's what this is really about - isn't it?

:-)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Ummm.... It's not spin when I'm going by reports based on the documents to show such a thing, one way or the other.

OK, I will bite.
What did they pay for servants in 2009 or 2011?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I am not sure how she would go about telling people how to "make more money" anyway. Would she recommend a part time job or asking for a raise?

She can do what the best do and tell us to buy gold and then we can all be as rich as all of Alex Jones listeners are.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I have only seen her do these things during election times. 2010, 2008, and 2012. When has she done anything for obesity and what exactly has she done?

Besides stupid useless things like this?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I have only seen her do these things during election times. 2010, 2008, and 2012. When has she done anything for obesity and what exactly has she done?

Besides stupid useless things like this?

You come up with a plan then. Besides "Useless stupid things like this", what exactly is she supposed to do to curb obesity? Like, what, purchase everyone liposuction?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra
Right, we lead the world in heart disease, diabetes, and obesity

...super well informed... this is a country full of lazy morons...

Not quite...

Cardiovascular Disease

Source.

Diabetes

The International Diabetes Federation estimates that there are 246 million adults with diabetes. The Western
Pacific region and Europe have the highest number of people with diabetes, approximately 67 and 53 million,
respectively. The highest prevalence rates are found in North America (9.2 percent) and Europe (8.4 percent).

The five countries will the largest numbers of people with diabetes are India, China, the United States, Russia and Germany. The five countries with the highest prevalence rates are Nauru, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Kuwait.

Source.

Obesity

Here you are right, concerning obesity stats for the US taking the lead...but overweight numbers push the US into second position. And you might notice all of those places close behind.

Source.

Obviously, if we really want to understand what's at play with these issues, it would be very helpful to not fall prey to the common assumption this is just a "lazy American" problem.

I've written a related thread on Child Obesity:

OUR KIDS ARE FAT!!! And guess what? Most of them are OUTSIDE the Western World.

Clearly, something else is happening other than American laziness.

edit on 2-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Ummm.... It's not spin when I'm going by reports based on the documents to show such a thing, one way or the other.

OK, I will bite.
What did they pay for servants in 2009 or 2011?

First, let me say by your first comment...I'm also sick of the bickering. On the topics I'm getting involved in at all anymore, it isn't without sources, at least one or two and from sources everyone generally accepts... I'm just staying out of topics where I can't come in with that much as a very basic starting point.

So much of the bickering isn't even on facts...but countless versions of facts and many really seeming to lack any basis which can be cited at all. If anything, it's the pure opinion masquerading as factual presentation that is getting old the quickest for me.

As for a specific reference, this is a print out from the 2010 Tax Return from the Romney Family showing the amounts paid out to hired help on a personal level. As the original story I just quoted the media for on page 2(on the same figures), they noted that in the Mass area market, full time would run 40,000-50,000 a year. Hence..I'm taking from this they hired part time help here and there as opposed to anyone working full time.

The same article quoted before went on to add this:

Kelli Harrison was paid wages of $8,667 by the Romneys for personal assistant-type tasks and errands, said a source with knowledge of the situation. Harrison was the most highly paid of the four women listed as domestic employees of the Romney family, and the other three women did not work for the Romney PAC at all, the source confirmed. Harrison was paid for her PAC work with PAC funds.
Source

So, in further considering things, perhaps with a couple cases, it was a matter of hiring existing staff for political positions to do some side work and pick up extra money. I'm guessing that few of the young people in these campaigns are without a college background and unless they just fell into money somehow, the opportunity to make extra money is probably quite welcome....seeing as how it's all claimed and legal.

In FAIRNESS to Michelle Obama..and as much as I hate having to give the Obama's anything...Staff wise, Michelle isn't carrying anything for staff size that hasn't been done before. That part isn't outrageous at all and both Laura and Hillary pretty well matched her in that Dept.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When's the last time FLOTUS did her own grocery shopping?

And who the hell is the government to tell Americans what they can and cannot buy....Oh wait, since we think it's ok to force Americans to buy health insurance I guess the government can tell us to buy anything they wish.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree...but after Michelle got done helping to reform and rewrite our childrens lunch room menus, I suppose it was only natural that they go right on ahead and extend 'recommendations' for the rest of us adults on how we should eat. Since they can't order us as a captive audience as they just did our kids, at least they can't yet, these helpful and politically timed suggestions will have to suffice. Of course..next may come taxing the crap out of what they don't want us eating. Bloomberg seems to be testing that approach.

We need not wonder where a Nanny state comes from. We're already living in one.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yes

Yes they do need help.

When most Americans are obese and unhealthy, the last ones that should be doing their shopping is themselves.

What's wrong with a little education when it comes to not having a heart attack at 35 years of age.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Originally posted by projectvxn
And who the hell is the government to tell Americans what they can and cannot buy....

This extreme interpretation of offering information to those who might want it strips you of credibility. Why would you even suggest that offering information is the same as telling people what they can and cannot buy? It shows desperation.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by jjf3rd77

LOL what? Michelle did not start the obesity campaign until after Barack was elected. Nobody really cared about her until after she became the first lady. One of the first things I remember, shortly after they moved into the white house, is her planting a vegetable garden and some school kids came by to talk about healthy eating choices. This has been her project since the beginning of Barack's term. Also, you say you only hear about during election periods, and then say you saw something in 2010.....you do realize the term for a president is 4 years right? Lol. But its not a useless campaign at all. She has influence and people will listen to her.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Wanna bet this info and link gets sent home with little Johnny and Susie sometime this month?
Or maybe next weeks Sunday paper.......

I admit many people are woefully unaware of a lot of things....so does that mean the dumbing down is more pervasive than I thought??

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Remember the lunch box police threads from several months ago?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join