It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLOTUS Michelle Obama Prepares Course on How To Shop for Groceries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Well, shopping instructions is surely [color=limegreen]better than what potential first lady Romney would be writing about... she would be writing about how HARD it is watching all her several paid nannys and servants take care of all her chores and parenting duties.

...AND writting about how HARD it is watching her servants do all the [color=limegreen]GROCERY SHOPPING for her!!

edit on 2-9-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

You'll have to show me where she has all this paid help? According to media reports of her 2010 Tax Return, she has the money and the personal real estate to justify quite a staff.....yet hires some part timer help to pick up where she can't manage. In fact, her total LACK of hiring out for the common daily things has been something of a scandal, it seems.

WASHINGTON -- For a woman with three houses and sixteen grandkids, Ann Romney doesn't have very much help around the house, according to her 2010 tax return.

IRS forms released Tuesday by Mitt Romney's presidential campaign show that despite reporting income of $21.7 million, the couple paid only $20,603 in taxable wages for household help in 2010. This figure was divided among four women: Rosania Costa ($4,808), Kelli Harrison ($8,667), Susan Moore ($2,238) and Valerie Cravens Anae ($4,890).

According to a number of Boston-based domestic staffing agencies, the salary range for a housekeeper is between $20 and $30 an hour, which adds up to an annual salary of $40,000 to $50,000 based on forty-hour weeks and two weeks of paid vacation a year.
Source

A little research seems to indicate Ann Romney isn't fond of having much of a staff at all....since that was brought up in some form of comparison?

Michelle wants to jump in and be a public face to the Administration in the final weeks of one of the most contentious political races in American History...fine...I just don't want to hear anyone say she isn't a valid political target. MOST previous first ladies never were targets and rightly so. They didn't get into the middle of things as participants during the election cycle itself. She isn't the first...but she missed an opportunity to break the ugly cycle, IMO.

(By the way... Laura Bush did have quite a staff and Hillary matches Michelle almost 1:1. Rosalynn Carter was the one to make "Office of the First Lady" an official thing and get funds approved for it..thank her for this.. lol)
edit on 2-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Err... I suppose Carter would like his Wife's name being correct.. lol

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Michelle should teach a course on how to get a fluff job making 6 figures a year for doing nothing.

www.freerepublic.com...

After Barack Obama became an Illinois state legislator, his wife moved up as well, scoring a job as 'vice president of community relations' at the University Of Chicago Hospital for a very generous salary of $121,910. When Obama became a senator in 2005, her 'salary' leapfrogged to $$316,962 for the same job...and one of Senator Obama's first acts in office was to see to it that the hospital received over a million dollars of your tax dollars as an earmark.

Well, Michelle has moved on,and guess what...that vital job of hers,worth a salary of over $300 K has been quietly eliminated.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Clearly not all is well with American eating habits as the U.S. is the obesity capital of the world. The solution however lies elsewhere. For example, the Government would need to stop sponsoring corn syrup. That would be a first step.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Those are brought in on a private jet from Cuba I think, What brand does he Smoke?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Didn't you know an obese stupid public is the Republican plot? Nothing gets on my nerves more than people that attack Mrs. Obama and her childhood obesity initiative. It is pure stupidity, all she can and has done is offer suggestions to help prevent it. The fact is American children are starting to think fat and stupid is the way to go through life. And clearly American parents do not know how to shop for groceries, their fat kids that cant see much less touch their toes proves it.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Ummm.... It's not spin when I'm going by reports based on the documents to show such a thing, one way or the other. If you have something beyond your own recollections or opinion, I'd love to hear it...but as I noted, I'm just not taking much of anything for 'opinions' against sourced and cited facts when it comes to Obama. Anything about Obama. It's ALL seemingly open to negotiation on what is true and what isn't....

It's bad when that now seems to extend to the people running against him as well...but there it is. So.. where would all these Servants have been, who were they and what did they do for her and Mitt? If we can't answer those questions...I'd really have to ask outright, how we can be sure they ever existed?

Now, if someone proves me all wrong, I'll graciously thank them for the new information and learning about something new. The research I just did doesn't support the claim, it would seem.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Shouldn't she address the fact that people don't have money to buy groceries first?

PREZACTLY. My g/f shops best as she can on what little we have. We eat a lot of pasta, chicken, and not much else, BECAUSE THERE'S NO DAMN MONEY. She constantly says if she had more money, we'd be eating like kings. I agree. She will be starting a new job that will offer more money (and paid vacations, holidays, insurance- JACKPOT! dingdingding!) I am going thru school- and I am waiting on my acceptance to do work study- which would dovetail with my courses. It'd be $500 (at least) extra a month there, too.

I eat tons of fruits and citrus when I get the chance. We try to eat salads at every opportunity. We had a Red Lobster gift card... and will N*E*V*E*R go back. Not even if they offered the *** for free. We had a gift card for an artsy, tiny out of the way place as well- and stuffed ourselves full of wholesome, GOOD food. We'll be going back there for eat outs as soon as the job gets underway. (I also get discounts with my student ID)

Mrs. Obama needs to be offering help on making extra money, and THEN help shopping.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Lmao... funny joke ....
guess americans do have a sense of humour.... thats funny as hell people like that dont go grocery shopping thats what maids are for...
damn now my ribs hurt from laughing....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

A lot of people could sure use a course on healthy eating. Obesity, sickness, and stupidity can be the result of
eating junk food.

news.minnesota.publicradio.org...

but could someone please pass me the chichirones and bean dip.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Originally posted by wylekat
Mrs. Obama needs to be offering help on making extra money, and THEN help shopping.

When you get to be First Lady, then you can set the priorities as you see fit. Until then, you can criticize her for doing her "job".

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by wylekat

Originally posted by wylekat

When you get to be First Lady, then you can set the priorities as you see fit. Until then, you can criticize her for doing her "job".

I am not sure how she would go about telling people how to "make more money" anyway. Would she recommend a part time job or asking for a raise?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Maybe she'd advise that one should work harder or learn how to shop more frugally. Maybe get rid of cable TV, your iphone or your monthly internet provider bill... Oops! That would be considered a "nanny state"...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
God forbid Michelle give Americans advice.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Seriously??? You all in the White House think grown up Americans want your instructions to us on how to grocery shop?? Who the heck do you think you are? Nanny state gone wild!

Nanny state gone wild?
Michelle is forcing people to shop a certain way?

The internet is full of people giving advice on how to grocery shop better. FOX business has shows about it.
Where are your threads bashing them?
Why are they not included in this thread?
Is it just hatred for Michelle Obama that makes you waste time and energy getting upset over something you can easily ignore?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

nvmd.
So sick of off topic bickering.

"Romney is bad because...."
Oh yeah well Obama.......
edit on 2-9-2012 by Endorra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
To me this smacks of the further dumbing-down in this country.

Not content to achieve the mind-control methods in public schools...now they attempt to benignly suggest that American citizens don't know how to eat or shop.

Yeah, I'm seeing that more and more. It's almost crazy to think how we could have reached a point where "average person" it really "very much below average person". Okay here's what really grinds my gears -

If something is big or long, it always referred as being X amount of FOOTBALL FIELDS! arrgh...
If something is heavy, it's always referrred to as X amount of elephants. Elephants, really??
If something is very hot, it's always referred to as X of of the surface of the sun. Does Billy Bob even know how hot the sun is??

My wife bought a ice chest/cooler for camping. I asked how many quarts it was, ya know, normal measurements for a container, she said she coudln't find it on the label, but it did tell how many 12oz cans it held. The can on the label were red and white, it didn't say beer, but Jimmy James Jamerson now knows if his 3 24 packs will fit.

And then you have the Ford Truck commercial and the talk about the payload, then ask about the payload for coleslaw........

Ok I'm done..

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
To me this smacks of the further dumbing-down in this country.

Not content to achieve the mind-control methods in public schools...now they attempt to benignly suggest that American citizens don't know how to eat or shop.
Please

Right, we lead the world in heart disease, diabetes, and obesity because most Americans are super well informed on how to shop and eat well.

Sorry but this is a country full of lazy morons whether you like to admit it or not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join