It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failure [2014WTC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
“Well, crap,” sighed Jahweha. “Another complete failure. How many does this make?”

Joren, who was mesmerized by the mushroom clouds, blinked. He tapped a few buttons on the console and brought up the information. “Seventh simulation,” he replied, his gaze flicking back to the chaos on the small planet. “Each one ended in total annihilation.”

Jahweha pinched the bridge of his nose. A monster of a headache thudded through his temples. “If I fail this class….” he stopped that thought. He would not fail. “Set it up for another go. We have the Adam and Eve prototypes ready, right?”

“Perhaps I could make a suggest, sir,” Joren replied. He tore his gaze off the chaos below and turned to face his commander. “It seems that no matter what situations we program, these creations of yours always manage to evolve into power hungry monsters. Maybe we should completely scrap this idea that homo sapiens should be the dominant species. I think there’s something deeply flawed in their makeup, and that’s why every simulation we’ve run ends in destruction.”

Jahweha looked away. “We’ll give it one more try,” he said at last. “This time, lets skip the Mayan calendar fiasco. Maybe that will make a difference.”

Joren shook his head sadly. “Yes, sir,” he said. “I’ll get everything set up.”

Jahweha gazed down at the blue planet, now utterly destroyed. Then he typed the new coordinates into the console. There was another planet, in the nearby Andromeda galaxy, that would do nicely….

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised even if this actually turned out to be true.

Nice little story. I just want to know if the two beings are Gods or aliens now.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Short, sweet, and direct. Nice writing on your behalf. You bring up questions, and let our minds wander with them. SnF.

(Also keen to the sci-fi related theme!)

ETA: Your title is [2014WTC], but you can ask masqua for edit time to fix it to [2014WC]. Just noticed that.
edit on 9/2/12 by Druid42 because: Added ETA.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You got one thing right for sure.Humans are a pain in the butt(even for "gods")

Nice story.

S+F

new topics

top topics

join