It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAGNIFICENT ERUPTION

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

A filament of magnetism curling around the sun's southeastern limb erupted on August 31st, producing a coronal mass ejection (CME), a C8-class solar flare, and one of the most beautiful movies ever recorded by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory:

here is the link to the story
spaceweather.com...

I was absolutely amazed by this video,I did a search to see if it had been posted
already but did not find anything,my apologies if i missed it and this is a double post.
I do not know how to put the video in this thread itself,if one of you do,please do so.
I would appreciate it.Thanks in advance.

edit on 2-9-2012 by PatriotsPride because: removed a bad link

edit on 9/2/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This video is longer and has more different kind of views on the event:

And the one below is 5 minutes long, and more Hollywood-like with scary/epic music, and even more different views on the event.

edit on 2-9-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

are those solar flares,.,. way more then ."just light"? it is actually a mass of atomic,gaseous sun?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The explosion hurled a CME away from the sun traveling faster than 500 km/s (1.1 million mph). The cloud, shown here, is not heading directly toward Earth, but it will deliver a glancing blow to our planet's magnetic field. NOAA forecasters estimate a 40% chance of strong polar geomagnetic storms when the cloud arrives on Sept. 3rd.

For all the would be doomsdayer's...

I frequently visit spaceweather.com and I'd have to say that this video is the best yet. Someone should do a top 10 video review of solar flares.... that would be awesome! Mix in some, when a comet hits the sun and then a huge solar flare upon impact... and then NASA will swear up and down that it was all coincidence.

Ok, I grant you that most of these comets are small and to be said cause of a solar flare may be a little far fetched. But I swear... there's too many damn videos of this happening for there not to be a connection lol!

Anyways.... cool video!

"500 km/s (1.1 million mph)"

just think... "20km/s to 3200km/s " is the range of speed for CME's, Earth's magnetic field has some showing off to do in the next year or so. Hide yo kids, Hide yo wife... and Hide yo husband.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimitiveWorld

Thanks for sharing the videos with us

Star for you! The second one is very good.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

I agree! This is the best I have seen as well,
Good idea for the top 10

new topics

top topics

join