It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewing (ESP) Used By The Military In Both America & Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Author of the book; The Ultimate Time Machine, Joseph McMoneagle was the first U.S. Military Remote Viewer. For those who don't know about Remote Viewing, this is the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target using paranormal means, in particular, extra-sensory perception (ESP) or "sensing with mind". (This is the Wikipedia definition) In this youtube link, Joseph McMoneagle is interviewed by Art Bell on the talk show; Coast To Coast AM. I felt this thread should be started, and this youtube video presented, because it offers some very interesting facts, and conjectures. This is my personal opinion, of course, about finding this topic interesting, but I feel I'm not the only one interested in the reality of Remote Viewing. Also in my opinion, this recording is a must listen. Thank you for your interest, and enjoy.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So were they able to see behind 2012? I read somewhere that this was not possible for remote viewers. Can someone enlighten me? I won´t watch 2h+ just because I want to know about that, maybe you can give me a little hint?
edit on 2-9-2012 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

I'm still listening to the talk show, but what I've heard so far, is that this particular remote viewer has seen up to 75 years into the future or something. 2012 is not the end of the world. Take a breath man, it's going to be ok, but this thread isn't about 2012, and the paranoid theories surrounding that. I can tell you, surely, that 2012 is not the end of the world, but I'm going to leave it at that. I apologize if I seem to come off rude. I'm very forward, and blunt when I speak. I wasn't trying to be rude though. Thank you for your post, nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The program was very successful!

IRM

edit on 2/9/12 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

Never said the whole 2012 thing bothers me, this was just a question, no need to assume things beforehand just because I ask a question relating to 2012. See it as a more or less interesting side-story that I was curious about.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The biggest punchline here is that the Soviet Union didn't really invest much into ESP research. They just wanted the US to THINK they did. That way, the US would dump more time and money into something that doesn't work rather than focusing those same resources on something that would threaten the Soviet Union, like building more planes or missiles.

It is somewhat similar to the way they would spread false conspiracy theories about the JFK assassination in an attempt to get the public to lose faith in the government.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
The biggest punchline here is that the Soviet Union didn't really invest much into ESP research. They just wanted the US to THINK they did. That way, the US would dump more time and money into something that doesn't work rather than focusing those same resources on something that would threaten the Soviet Union, like building more planes or missiles.

It is somewhat similar to the way they would spread false conspiracy theories about the JFK assassination in an attempt to get the public to lose faith in the government.

Everything you just stated is far from the truth. Do some research. Russia still had a Remote Viewing program up to the Clinton presidency, if not still. The U.S. shut down their Remote Viewing program due to political issues, and the comment about the JFK assassination is completely not related to this topic, by any means, and there is absolutely nothing similar between the two matters.
edit on 2-9-2012 by TheBeatMasta because: Made it less offensive.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

I've done plenty of research on the subject. It's simple misdirection. The Russian program was a lie.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In my opinion governments have no need to fund remote viewers (seer's).
most of the seers are privatized now, so that means they will sell out to anyone who wants to pay for it.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
The program was very successful!

IRM

edit on 2/9/12 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

As I read the OP, I decided I would do a forward strike to squash any Men Who Stare At Goats comments. It seems that many gullible people accept that that book and movie at face value (as evidently was the intention by the book's author and the producers of the movie).

The US Army had absolutely nothing to do with the origination of the process and probably was only a public shell for the further operations. From the start the whole thing was a CIA operation. I didn't read the book, but I have read Mind-Reach (1977) by Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff the researchers that did the original investigations of RVing under CIA contracts. The movie never once mentions the CIA, the real force behind remote viewing in the US and that was the CIA. The movie, at least, is a stupid and poorly done disinfo piece.

Remote view works to some degree depending upon the talents of the viewers, and TPTB doesn't want you to know that. As an aside, mind-control hypnosis also works as does other psi powers, they don't wnat you to know about those either. ANYBODY that rejects such talents without studying the fields falls directly into the sheeple catagories. You're believing what they want you to believe. Well come to the flock.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Then I haven't done enough research.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Thank you for your post.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
RV is a well-tried procedure. I learned the basics myself and managed to hit some targets. You don't need to be psychic to do it - psychics have their own methods. RV supposes anyone with patience and intelligence and feedback is able to develop it.
It is pretty methodical. Fantastic ideas are not welcome - in fact one of the main techniques is separating your imagined outcome from the emerging perception of reality.
I think spy agencies should use it and they probably are. It is just no longer covered.
I would love to read Moneagle's book as he is one of the more trustworthy witnesses of the original program.
I am sure China is doing great with the published manuals right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Thank you for your post.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I'm aware of some of the early players in SRI such as Hal Puthoff, Ed Dames, Ingo Swann etc, but most of their stories are somewhat unfalsifiable and no doubt embellished. I'm sure they had some successes but obviously not enough to save the whole project from being disbanded and absorbed by the 'public sector'... or more precisely by Ed Dames and Courtney Brown... the later who completely screwed up and can be held responsible for the whole Heavens Gate FAIL.

When they get more wrong than they do right, one is more than justified in any argument against the viability of RV. In fact, the hit/miss ratio's appear exactly as you would expect from mere guesses.

James Randy still has an unclaimed 1 million dollars for anyone who can successfully demonstrate RV in a controlled environment.

IRM
edit on 3/9/12 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Joseph McMoneagle should hit that up then. In the video I posted, he talks about successful controlled experiments in which he participated.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Right because both countries have UFO ships that do the observing and zip back
or message to UFO above 'remote viewer' that receives the brain waves.
Whether they know it or not, that's how it works.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So you're proposing that the controllers of what most describe, as a UFO, are cooperating, in which they play a huge role, and in theory, would have to be communicating beforehand, with the other side, that is in head of operations; military governments, most likely, if assuming they would plan these experiments, and inform who ever controls that which is known as a UFO, on dates/planning of experiments. Would you say that's plausible?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBeatMasta
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So you're proposing that the controllers of what most describe, as a UFO, are cooperating, in which they play a huge role, and in theory, would have to be communicating beforehand, with the other side, that is in head of operations; military governments, most likely, if assuming they would plan these experiments, and inform who ever controls that which is known as a UFO, on dates/planning of experiments. Would you say that's plausible?

Yes, extremely.
The technology developed since before WWI had reached completion by end of WWII and both
US and Russia secreted the technology. If there is co operation on any scale it is with the uber
tech.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Bear with me on this one as it is related to remote sensing and may just help actual science understand how to teleport and FTL travel.

My understanding is that their view may not be camera sharp so we need a big target.

Next it needs to be far enough away that there is a significant time delay even at light speed.

Now science currently states that the fastest thing is light and therefor information cannot travel faster than light.

Point a camera at the sun and look for sunspots, get a remote sensor to look at the same bit of the sun and get them to draw the shape of the sunspot. If it is the same as the camera it means the info has traveled to the camera and the sensor at the speed of light.

BUT...

If the picture drawn is what the camera sees eight minutes later (the distance to the sun) then the sensor saw it instantaneously but the light took 8 mins.

SO

This could prove that there is means of information transferal THAT IS FASTER THAN LIGHT which pretty much stamps all over the standard model (its only a model)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join