It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts At Boot Camp! Do You Have a Story?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

TIMICAL!!!!! OMG! It is sooooooooo good to see you on here again!

Thanks for responding!
Meet me in the chat room when you get time.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timical
reply to post by fastbob72

As for it tripping over me, well from what you cited it appears I left out the details. You see, as I was crouched down it was running at me, it did in fact collide into me but in a strange way. The force of it running into me knocked me on my... butt and while it knocked me down, the being's movement was not impeded in any way. I do recall as I was falling over, with my eyes still fixated on it, I did see its leg stretch over/through me. As for the feeling of it making contact, well... it is extremely hard to compare. I have written this down somewhere on this site to better describe the feeling but for now all I can say is that it is entirely unique.

That's fascinating!
I've heard of people feeling them as they pass through their bodies, or feeling themselves being touched, but I've never heard of them being so forceful as to knock someone down as they passed. But then, you do hear of people being pushed down stairs by an unseen force, so I'm sure it is possible.

I really think your stories are some of the best I've ever read, including the ones in Sled's thread.
I'm happy to see you returned to ATS. I saw where Sled said she was worried about you. Maybe now she can relax where you are concerned.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
reply to post by sled735

This was at Parris Island in SC. It felt as though the hauntings were more about slavery and civil war atrocities rather than suicidal Marines or recruits trying to escape the island and getting attacked by gators or just drowning from exhaustion...I don't know the history of the land itself, this is just the impression that I felt when experiencing it.

I just received this tid bit of info in a private message about Parris Island. Thought I'd share:

It was a settlement/fort long ago that passed hands between the French and the Spanish a couple of times in a fairly violent manner. French Huegenots first settled there under Jean Ribaut in the mid-1500's, but Spain claimed the area and I believe Pedro Menedez de Avila massacred them, and claimed the fort for Spain.

The story of the massacre is a real gut churner, if I recall it correctly - which I may not.

It would be reasonable to think that if spooks exist, then some of those restless souls at Parris Island may go back nearly 500 years.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
That doesn't surprise me. In my opinion, I think there are a lot of haunted places in the south. When I was in Florida, we took a trip to Alabama and as soon as we got into the state, there was something about that place that seemed so dreary. I can imagine there would be a lot of emotion hanging around all these years.
edit on 1-11-2013 by c_sautter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join