It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts At Boot Camp! Do You Have a Story?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by c_sautter
I work with Marines that went to Parris Island for boot camp, I'll ask them if they have heard any stories.

Thanks, C! I look forward to hearing if you get anything.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

First and foremost, thank you for your input. Secondly, allow me to address a few concerns.

The ghostly fire watch would appear several at a time. By this I mean that there was often more than one walking around as described in my stories. As for them and the shadow people being former suicide cases, well I simply do not know. During my time there, I was aware of only one person who actually committed suicide. Another came extremely close (very bloody situation), and we never saw him again. In addition to these two, someone would make a half arse attempt every couple of days. They did not really want to die, they just wanted to go home and could not think of anything else I suppose.

There were also several people who would attempt to run out in the middle of the night (thank you so much for asking why they would sit by the back hatches), I honestly have never put two and two together. It is possible that they were just trying to deter anyone else from trying. I only recall that two recruits were successful in getting off the island, which were then apprehended in a church parking lot shortly after their escape. The drill instructors also tell a story about other recruits who have tried and were eaten by gators. Honestly, I think this was just a scare tactic. However, one recruit that ventured off with the two successful recruits split up and headed in a different direction. He was brought back in handcuffs with mud up to his chest encasing his body. He claimed he was in the marsh somewhere and he saw a couple of gators moving towards him. He promptly dashed for the shore and flagged down a car that just happen to be a MP. Who knows if the gator part is true, maybe he just gave up and made up a story to look "cool".

The game Splinter Cell was really the only thing that made us feel human. It was the only time, besides square away time, where we able to do what ever wanted. I did miss it when we stopped, however I somewhat revived it when I made it to the fleet. Basically we would play freeze tag after dark in a large complex (Google Earth MCAS Miramar and look for the areas containing large white squares on the map). We also played drunk twice, which resulted in broken noses and the like. Fun times.

While at the hospital, I was looking out of the window at the end of the hallway while doing my walking. Outside on ground level was a flag pole and in front of that was something resembling a bay. One of the nurses passing by told me that hospital was used during wars. They used to fly the wounded to this exact hospital, however many years prior, to seek treatment stateside. I want to say it was used for the Korean War, but do not quote me because I am not certain. It should not be that hard to look up if any one is interested.

As for the ghost drill instructor, I really hate that guy. Enough said.

Your final remark was about recent suicides and I hate to inform you but that is not recent at all. Even the so called spike in suicides is a farce. This has been going on for so long I honestly could not tell a difference in any rise in the matter. Sad but true, I think that the suicide spike is only "concentrating" on those that got out of the military as opposed to the ones still serving. Then again, this is just my personal opinion.

I was at one point searching for the red pill in my medical record and I admit I made it about halfway through the jacket before I had to stop. I frequent the VA every couple of months and have to bring the record with me which always gets shuffled out of order. I suppose I could give it another try sometime this weekend, but damn I hate doing it. Some else also mentioned that it may be ibuprofen, which I am pretty certain it was not. Like it was said, it is handed like candy and people always make jokes about it. I was constantly given 800 mg? of ibuprofen which is rather large white pill. I did notice that others actually received a smaller pill size than myself. I just about always had a case of cough drops and an inhaler with me while in EHP.

Sled735: Craptastic, I wanted to share something with you that happened recently but I have forgotten while typing this up. I will post in your thread when it comes back to me.

Everyone else: I am so sorry I typed up so much, I honestly did not realize the volume of stories I have been typing up. I hope you enjoyed it and I thank you everyone for sharing their input as well. Have a good weekend, Tim.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Timical because: I hate typos.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timical

I was at one point searching for the red pill in my medical record and I admit I made it about halfway through the jacket before I had to stop. I frequent the VA every couple of months and have to bring the record with me which always gets shuffled out of order. I suppose I could give it another try sometime this weekend, but damn I hate doing it. Some else also mentioned that it may be ibuprofen, which I am pretty certain it was not. Like it was said, it is handed like candy and people always make jokes about it. I was constantly given 800 mg? of ibuprofen which is rather large white pill. I did notice that others actually received a smaller pill size than myself. I just about always had a case of cough drops and an inhaler with me while in EHP.

I think you called it ranger candy? I may have found it.

Never heard it called Ranger Candy, instead called Grunt Candy. The 800mg motrin horsepills you get at the BAS, the ultimate cure all.

I just did a search for ranger candy. But not sure if that is it or not.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

Thanks for answering the questions, Timical. So good to see you again. I look forward to reading your story on my paranormal thread. (link in my signature)

Ya'll come on over..... I'm sure it will be a good one, as usual!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I went to Navy boot camp in Great Lakes, Ill. I was supposed to leave on September 11, 2001 but for obvious reasons we did not get our flight out. I left a week later after the FAA reopened the skies. Pretty crazy huh?
Fast forward a couple of months later. My division was set to graduate pretty soon and we didn't have a whole lot to do towards the end. We were sent to an old barracks that wasn't in use and from what we could tell, it hadn't been used in a really long time. Some of use were sent in to strip the tile floor to prepare for a waxing. There was around 8-10 of use in this one compartment, just talking and sitting around with greenie weenies and scrubbing the floor. We kept hearing the springs from the empty beds squeak, and they were pretty close to us. We also kept hearing the doors open and close, but every time we looked to see who was coming in there was no one there. We just looked at each other and someone was nominated (aka volun-told) to go check out what's going on. To be honest, we had heard a few stories about the old barracks and thought someone was messing with us. We were discussing how we were going to scare our fellow ship mate when he came running back, white as a sheet. When we asked him what happened, he said he thought he saw someone out of the corner of his eye and immediately felt something touch him on the shoulder. He practically pulled us out of the compartment, and as we were making our way out of the building we all heard the fire door open and slam shut. That's when we heard someone near us talking but there was no one there. We ran out and found the rest of our division in front of the building. Everyone was there, including our recruit division commander (RDC). I guess we all looked scared because he asked us why we all looked like that and why we ran out. We told him what happened and I thought he was going to yell at us and send us back in but he had this really serious look on his face as we all told him what we were experiencing. When we were done he he was quiet for a minute and said "I've heard the stories but I didn't think they were true. Okay let's get out of here". So we left and went back to our own compartment. The parting gift though was as were formed up and marched away, I looked back and thought I saw a shadow in front of one of the windows of the compartment we were in.

C, I was just going back over the thread and noticed I never replied to your post! I am so sorry.
I was probably posting Timical's stories under yours, and just didn't see it before my next post went up.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. That was a good one!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh, no problem. Your stories were a lot more entertaining than mine in my opinion. I have a few more I can share, but I'll share them in the thread in your signature.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Oh, no problem. Your stories were a lot more entertaining than mine in my opinion. I have a few more I can share, but I'll share them in the thread in your signature.

Thank you, I appreciate that! See ya there.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I work with Marines that went to Parris Island for boot camp, I'll ask them if they have heard any stories.

C, did you ever talk to your co-workers that went to Parris Island? I'm really interested to know if they had any experiences.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Been a while since ive been on ats...well i have an instance in Misawa, Japan when me and a few of my supply coworkers went to go get some stuff from the local warehouse on the base. We were navy by the way, and our official job title was storekeeper. Navy doesnt have an MOS system like the other branches. well, as we were leaving me and one of the other guys hear something like 2 people talking in the next room where the keys and desks are for the storekeppers that worked there...but we both knew it was just us and our second class petty officer who was with us...as we entered a second later...no one was there. also we heard bangs all over the place in the warehouse and its super creppy to be in there by yourself lol.

i ddi enjoy reading tim's posts though...im always up for a good ghost story and we in the military know full well that most basses are haunted. especially in hawaii...even in kaneohe bay it was a bit creepy. i remember one time falling asleep during the day when suddenly i feel this presence in my room then hear people talking about u boats in my closet space...maybe it was imagined cause i was half asleep but man...i've seen and heard stuff all my life. im smewhat sensitive myself to the paranormal. but lately im not bothered. keep up the stories man.....i especially liked the ring girls...possibly evil spirits or demons. i would have possibly died of heart failure if that happened to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WithoutWarning

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your stories, WW.

Yes, Timical has had many scary experiences. He once had an encounter with the devil, which you can read on my thread (in my signature) on page 38.
And he has other stories all through the thread too (once he comes on). It's worth the read! He is a paranormal magnet, for sure.

I am happy to see this thread is still able to be seen by people. It has been dead for awhile. Thanks again for your post and bumping it back up to where others may see it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
When I was on the JFK, we had a hundreds of people transfer to our ship from the USS Forrestal that was being decommissioned.

The USS Forrestal for those that do not know, was involved in an explosive incident where one of the rockets misfired and hit a parked jet. Back then, all Navy Personnel did not need to know fire fighting skills so when the primary fire fighting team was exhausted, it was left up the rest of the inexperienced crew. The fire got out of control and eventually made its way to Machinery Room 3 where many lost their lives.

Some of my shipmates in my shop were from that ship well after that incident of course. One night when one of the guys was standing watch in DC Central, a loud voice came over the sound powered phones claiming to be from MMR3 and that there was a fire breaking out.

They sent a fire fighting team down to MMR3 and when they arrived, they were greeted by stunned looks from all the crew in MMR3. This happened quite a few times where voices and screams were heard on the sound powered phones and was reported from many different people that came on the JFK. It was dubbed by all that came from it as being haunted.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

WOW! That's fascinating! Do they think this is residual energy from that site? Do you know if anyone has seen ghosts moving around the place?
Those poor souls! I hope they have moved out of their death state! What a terrible way to die and be stuck there!

Thank you for sharing that.

Just out of curiosity, where are you seeing this thread? I thought it was down in the archives by now.
I'm happy people are still seeing it somewhere.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Aye, I have always wondered if "Sound Powered" Phones could some how aid in communication with "latent" energies

One of the guys I knew said that when he had to stand watch down in MMR3, he would have the hair standing up on the back of his neck when it felt like he was being watched. The Machinery Rooms were pretty dark places to be as it is and kind of creepy when your down there alone and not in the control shack.

Your thread popped up when I was viewing "recent posts" which I always do.
Very interesting stories that you have passed on.
Thanks

Originally posted by sled735

WOW! That's fascinating! Do they think this is residual energy from that site? Do you know if anyone has seen ghosts moving around the place?
Those poor souls! I hope they have moved out of their death state! What a terrible way to die and be stuck there!

Thank you for sharing that.

Just out of curiosity, where are you seeing this thread? I thought it was down in the archives by now.
I'm happy people are still seeing it somewhere.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Yes, I think anything electronic offers the energy "they" need to communicate. Sounds like some of them are still around.

If you enjoy paranormal stories, head on over to my paranormal thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are over 90 pages of hair-raising experiences told there (so far)!!! Unbelievable, the things people have experienced!
One member received a call from a phone that wasn't even hooked up, and the voice on the line sounded demonic, so he said! That would totally freak me out!

Thanks for your post.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I did not heed his warning and went behind the racks on the other side of the squad bay across from my rack. I moved down a couple of racks looking for anybody running around.

At this point, I saw several shadow people running behind the racks on the side where my rack is( thereby being the opposite side of the squad bay I was currently on). I was dumbfounded as I watched these shadow people run at full speed THROUGH one another. That is when I realized I was not playing with recruits.

I then sense that someone is off to my left so I quickly glance over so that I do not get "killed" by standard of the game. I saw a shadow person run from the second or so last rack on my side straight at me. I was very... as this person was dead silent, running at me, and no features whatsoever. I was completely frozen. As it came closer to me, it tripped over me( I was crouched down)/ through me.

As time passed, more and more "odd" recruits joined the platoon, so many funny stories. These were the paranormal sensitive type of people that I am speaking of. The more paranormal inclined people that joined, the more things would heat up.

Now I find this part of the story very interesting as it involves shadow people which is what i've experienced.

That bit about the one running towards him and tripping over his bent knee.

I'd love to ask him a number of things about this experience.

Were these shadow people playing with each other and of a classic playback scenario or does he think they were aware of themselves,their surroundings and him himself.

We're they going through their ghostly motions or trying to interact with him by rattling his bed/locker when he was lying on his bed ??

What happened when it tripped over him,did he feel any contact,did it touch him at any point or just appear to trip ??

What does he think they were/are.The souls of recruits that died at the camp or something else ??

Sorry for all the questions but it's just I got the sense shadow people are aware of their surroundingr,aware of us and quite capable of interacting with us in many ways.I had the feeling it's not the soul of the dead.

Might seem strange but I don't believe in god or demons n all that which isnt doesnt cause me any conflict when accepting the paranormal but means i'm a bit stuck for a frame of reference to put them in as yet.it ISN'T a demon or whatever but i just dont know what it IS !!!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

absolutely loved the stories, and now its bedtime, doh!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Timical hasn't been on ATS in quite awhile. He was supposed to come back and post on my other paranormal thread over a month ago. I have sent him messages which he has still not answered. Frankly, I am worried that something has happened to him. He used to be on here at least every week.

Maybe you can send him a U2U and see if he answers you. Maybe I pissed him off, or something.

All good questions. I would like to know his answer to those too.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
reply to post by sled735

absolutely loved the stories, and now its bedtime, doh!

Yes, he has had some awesome experiences. If you want to read some more good stories go to my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He has more stories there that aren't related to boot camp. Did you see where I posted that he had an encounter with the devil? It is on page 38 in the above thread. Please post something on that thread. I'm trying to make it to 100 pages. I'm on page 93 now, I think. :-)

I'm going to catch some zzzzzzs myself now. I just got home from being stuck for overtime on my 3rd shift job!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I read all of this thread before joining ATS.

I just want to say to Timical..... WOW!

Thanks for sharing your stories with us, and thanks to Sled for putting them together in this thread.
I found this most entertaining!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Evening everyone and thank you for the kind words. I would have never bothered to return to this thread, as I thought it had died, if it were not for my dear friend Sled735. Well, I was asked to answer some questions so that is what I am here to do. Let us begin.

I do believe they were and are fully aware of each other and of what is around them. Several times I have seen them move about shortly after I have taken notice of them and more importantly made eye contact. In no way did I feel that they were deceased and going through a type of "playback scenario". They have almost always interacted in some form or fashion to cause me to believe they are interacting in real time.

They were never really going through my things, but rather shuffling about my area. I was told that one would sit on my bed pretty regularly and I just do not see it feasible to think that they were reenacting something. There is just never really a whole lot of time to just sit around in basic. I did wake up to one sitting on my rack and jumping off but I know that is probably on this thread or Sled735's thread.

As for it tripping over me, well from what you cited it appears I left out the details. You see, as I was crouched down it was running at me, it did in fact collide into me but in a strange way. The force of it running into me knocked me on my... butt and while it knocked me down, the being's movement was not impeded in any way. I do recall as I was falling over, with my eyes still fixated on it, I did see its leg stretch over/through me. As for the feeling of it making contact, well... it is extremely hard to compare. I have written this down somewhere on this site to better describe the feeling but for now all I can say is that it is entirely unique. It would be like trying to describe a symphony to a deaf person. Sure they can pick up the vibrations of the music but from what I can imagine it is nothing compared to actually hearing it for yourself. It is just one of those things you have to experience. If someone would care enough to take the time to find the post I made about it that be a tremendous help, but in all honesty, good luck.

My ideas of "them" is constantly changing as new encounters arise. As of right now, I am convinced they are in no way shape or form a deceased person that once walked this Earth. Therefor, I do not believe they are former recruits. I did encounter a ghostly firewatch that passed off as a real person for a short time, aside from them not making any noise. This I believe is also documented somewhere on this site. That one, I believe was ghost. All shadow people I have encountered have always had the typical "shadow person" description. Although I have never seen one wearing a hat as many people have mentioned. Upon doing some research over the years I did find the term "jin" as an accurate description of what I have encountered. I did have some issues with the cause and such of what makes them exist and so I stopped my search. Feel free to pick up where I left off by searching for information on said "jin".

I agree that they are not demons, without sounding too crazy, demons are in a league of there own far away from shadow people. I have my own belief of what, or should I say why they are here. As for your disbelief in God, well that is your choice and I wish you well.

If there is anything else I can do for you, just let me, or even better let Sled735 know. Also I apologize if I came across as rude or short with my answers, I am just not in the mood to expand on my thoughts. I have had certain things on my mind in regards to energy and infinity. I am hoping to create a thread about my thoughts some time in the near future. Once again, thank you everyone for your thoughts and your input as I do also enjoy hearing of others experiences. Oh boogers, now I think I may have to put my threads aside as there is something I would like to address about shadow people. I suppose more "research" is in order. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

edit on 4-1-2013 by Timical because: Grammar Nazi, if you find any mistakes let me know so that I may better myself. Although it does not help that I am currently enjoying a "beverage" of my choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join