It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the West Nile planes spray over my house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Today was the second day of night aerial spraying for the virus in my area. I missed the planes last night because I went to sleep right after work. It was about 2:30am here when I first heard the planes fly over my house (they were pretty loud, flying only about 300ft above the ground). It's about 2:50am right now and they have done about 8 pass overs, flying East to West, going from North to South and I can still hear them flying south of me. The first runs started at 8pm in other areas of my county.

Anyways, I think this is the first time my particular area has been sprayed, (and my first time being sprayed for West Nile ever) and it's kind of something of an experience for me. The cities around me set up those work zone information signs on some major streets, but instead of road construction stuff, they had the aerial spraying times on them.

Here's some more information on my area and West Nile.

www.wfaa.com...

DENTON — Denton County Judge Mary Horn has signed a disaster declaration, paving the way for aerial spraying for West Nile there.

On Wednesday afternoon, Denton County Health Department director Bing Burton sent Horn a formal recommendation asking for the declaration. In his note, he mentions the county’s 105 human cases of the West Nile virus, “the highest WNV incidence rate in the State." According to Burton, most of the hot spots for the disease are in Lewisville and Flower Mound.

And of course, I work in Flower Mound and hang out there and in Lewisville most of the time to.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Found some quotes to put my comment into perspective....

You are almost equally likely to die from WNV as from being struck by lightning. You are 1000 times as likely to die from the flu or pneumonia or going to the hospital to presumably get healthy or even driving to the hospital.

If WNV were to spread across the US and become endemic in every state, we would see a death toll of roughly 300-500 people per year, and a slightly larger number would become seriously ill. This sounds scary - a mosquito bites you, and soon you are dead. But what are your chances of dying from other causes?

(All of these are in the US unless noted)

91,871 died from influenza and pneumonia in 2000.
7,700 over age 65 (not to mention younger folks) died as a result of falls in 1995.
About 48,000 die each year from highway accidents.
18,000 deaths each year are attributed to the lack of health care insurance.
7,000 deaths per year are caused by administering the wrong drug in hospitals.
80,000 die from infections they acquired (nosocomial infections) during a hospital stay.
106,000 deaths are caused by people getting the right drugs but the side effects kill them.
About 150 people die each year worldwide from coconuts falling on them.
About 90 people each year are killed by lightning strikes.

www.nosprayzone.org...

I personally am not so trusting of the benevolence of people in gov't looking out for my health.
They have done far more damage in the name of "safety" than have done good for anyone.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I too live in the DFW area, and I was starting to get a little annoyed by all the talk on the news about the aerial spraying. People having health concerns about the aerosol itself I guess is understandable, but the amount of poison that is actually in the air is no worse than the rest of the toxic fumes we breath every day. At least this is attempting to help. The trucks spraying on the ground are probably more concentrated than the atomized spray from the planes.

That is of course the part of me that doesn't have my tin foil hat on. It could be some brain control spray for all we know.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
You local officials probably get some form of grant for doing this and a campaign donation just like with the fluoride.

There could be anything in the spray, including a type of some vaccine.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Phony West NileVirus Pretext for Aerial Poisoning is Once Again Upon Us

(NaturalNews) Dallas County, Texas, and several nearby towns and cities in the Dallas area are currently being forcibly sprayed with toxic insecticides as part of a government effort to supposedly eradicate mosquitoes that may be carriers of West Nile virus (WNv). The mass sprayings, which are ramping up all across the country, involve blanketing entire areas with chemicals sprayed via airplanes, a highly controversial protocol that threatens not only all other insects and animals exposed, but also humans.

According to the City of Dallas, more than 380 state-confirmed cases of WNv have been reported throughout Texas this year, and at least 16 people in the Lone Star State have died in conjunction with the virus. The specifics of these cases and deaths have not been publicly released, but authorities insist that the situation is serious enough to warrant a series of at least three conjunctive aerial sprayings throughout Dallas County, including in Highland Park and University Park.

Aerial spraying chemicals linked to causing Colony Collapse DisorderThe chemical product being sprayed is known as Duet, an "advanced dual-action mosquito adulticide" that contains both sumithrin, the active ingredient in another mosquito pesticide known as Anvil, and prallethrin. Both chemicals are known to be highly-toxic neuropoisons that target not only mosquitoes, but also bees, bats, fish, crickets, and various other animals and insects

www.clarke.com...

Sumithrin, a synthetic pyrethroid, is known to kill bees, and is linked to the widespread bee die-off phenomenon known as Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD). In tests, sumithrin has been shown to damage human kidneys and the liver, and is also linked to causing both liver and breast cancers. Household pets exposed to sumithrin are also at risk of serious health complications, as are fish and other aquatic animals

www.pesticide.org...

Prallethrin, another synthetic pyrethroid, is hardly any better. A 1993 study published in the journal *Environmental Health Perspectives* suggests that prallethrin is a human endocrine disruptor. And like sumithrin, prallethrin is highly toxic to bees and other creatures besides just mosquitoes, threatening to very seriously disrupt the natural ecosystem of areas sprayed with it

top topics

join