It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soros: Not much difference between Obama and Romney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Not sure if there was a thread made already, if so I apologize and a mod can close this. It's kinda old, from this year.

Soros: Not much difference between Obama and Romney

Billionaire investor and philanthropist George Soros told Reuters Global Editor-at-Large Chrystia Freeland that he still supported President Barack Obama, but predicted voters would not be very enthusiastic about the 2012 elections if former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was nominated by Republicans.

“Well, look, either you’ll have an extremist conservative, be it Gingrich or Santorum, in which case I think it will make a big difference which of the two comes in,” he said. “If it’s between Obama and Romney, there isn’t all that much difference except for the crowd that they bring with them.” But he acknowledged that a major difference between Romney and Obama would be their potential Supreme Court nominations and their stance on taxation.

“That is the big difference, and that has led my hedge fund community to abandon Obama in favor of any Republican because they don’t like to be taxed,” Soros explained. “I personally believe that when it comes to policy, you shouldn’t be pursuing self-interest, but the public interest. And I think that the income differentials are too wide and ought to be narrowed.”

Soros has been demonized by some, most notably Lyndon LaRouche and Glenn Beck, for his liberal views and influence. He has donated millions to the Center for American Progress, MoveOn.org and the Drug Policy Alliance. “Are you one of Lenin’s useful idiots in the view of your fellow hedge fund billionaires?” Freeland asked. “Well, I suppose so,” he replied. “I am a traitor to my class.”

edit on 2-9-2012 by shadowmyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm really surprised by this. Do you think it might dampen enthusiasm for Obama if even Soros is saying, basically, that it's a coin flip? I thought Obama's strength was drumming up enthusiasm and inspiring people. This doesn't seem too inspiring to me. Obama's been pushing the idea of two different visions for America, Soros doesn't seem to be playing along.

What's Soros' game here? Is he getting ready to ditch Obama because he's not living up to Soros' expectations?

new topics

join