It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakingviews: GOP should be careful what it wishes for with Fed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit, what your saying implies that the super rich would also suffer, let me ask you, did they suffer during the great depression? Or did the simply get richer as a result once again?

The answer is obvious, they just get richer every time.

Why would they need to worryy about money? They have physical assets that are always vvaluable, homes, foood production and storage, electricity generation, etc..

Money doesn't matter to these people, power matters, and at the moment it is measured in the coin of the realm, money. If money disapears, they will still own everyone, as they will be in possession of all the staples the people need. Hence all the world wide legislation, making collecting your own rainwater, and growing your own food, illegal. They want us all to be aabsolutely dependent on them, so when thei collapse happens, they will still have everything. As they will have all the food, and water, and medicine etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I think there is an enormous difference here and it makes the comparison to the Great Depression entirely secondary and invalid. If somehow...someone comes along and finds a way to avoid a crash entirely, then your comparison IS apt. However....They'll have to bend the laws of economics and math beyond the breaking points to fix this right now, or the U.S. will have austerity so severe for at least 3-5 years, we won't have obese people by the end of it. There won't have been enough food for anyone to stay fat.

The difference is....in the Great Depression, money meant something. It had value. The market crashing was a calamity to those invested in it, but a man who had nothing in the market still had wealth the day after the crash, as he did the day before it. Buy power changed..but having the wealth didn't.

Now....We're on a pure fiat currency whose entire value is, in the end, literally based on the perception of value. Virtually every currency in the world is now the same base with the same nightmarish debt. Of course.. The U.S. has beat all by sailing right past 100% debt to GDP and staying well above it into 2017 as the White House budget currently has it in black and white.

So...When THIS system falls, it won't be anything like the great depression. Even those who HAVE money won't have anything by poorly cut toilet paper with old President's pictures on them. It'll likely never hold more value than that again, in this form anyway......and unlike the Depression, the fiat nature of things means THAT crash can come over weeks....or hours... it depends on how many rats run to the railings to jump ship at roughly the same time.

I WOULD note how many big finance people in the House and Senate willingly gave up their powerful positions all over the place to call it quits and enjoy life right now instead of running for another term. They know whats coming because they HELPED make this nightmare. Franks and Dodd to name two..but there are SO MANY that dropping all plans for holding their seats.

* Thanks for highlighting a *MAJOR* factor in seeing the crash and the full catastrophe of it. It means I have to find a way to incorporate this into a project I'm working on right now...or it's all for nothing. Displaying the problem doesn't help if those seeing it don't agree a problem even exists...despite 21 trillion in debt..and 600 billion in annual interest, alone, within 5 short years.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Wrabbit, you know i wuv ya so i'm not getting into a technical battle over winners and losers ... it's the wrong argument.

without thoroughly dissing his accomplishments (yes, there are a few) the best i can say about Kissinger is that he is the sole reason that i lost all respect for ANYTHING coming out of Harvard after 1960.

If you find any of his attributes worthy your admiration, i'd suggest you look harder.

i don't understand why you think the "end goal" is less than obvious.
It's not like Kissinger was evasive in any of his interviews.
[try to remember, i saw his interviews 1st hand, not replayed or edited on youtube]

i never suggested the plan was without fault, without error or moving along as scheduled.
however, with each step backwards, they've managed to leapfrog 10 steps forward.
it's all part of the game/the plan/the acceptance.

the popular belief that these opinions/actions are the result of some new act are the most bought into propaganda since OPEC.

actually, those who had a mountain of money to begin with are the ones who are suffering the greatest at present because they didn't bet on LOSING ... Kissinger and others like him however, had inside info and bet the loss for a win.

it's all part of the game whether you choose to believe it or not.

derivatives don't belong in the market period, yet they are.
and no offense here but if i had 650 Trillion IOUs, what are they worth again?
[that's right, not a penny, not a dollar, not a valid source of trade for anyone]

ok, the best explanation is history repeating itself so ... for better insight, study both the collapse of 1907 and the Currency Act which fueled the Revolution.

once you understand their direct relationship to the implementation of the Banker Manifesto, perhaps you can prepare for the coming collapse by averting a repeat of the past.

this IS a conspiracy and an ongoing one since before 1868 and those who don't see it, choose not to.

www.ask.com...
Stevens led the Radical Republican faction in their battle against the bankers over the issuance of money during the Civil War. Stevens made various speeches in Congress in favor of President Lincoln and Henry Carey's "Greenback" system, interest-free currency in the form of fiat government-issued United States Notes that would effectively threaten the bankers' profits in being able to issue and control the currency through fractional reserve loans. Stevens warned that a debt-based monetary system controlled by for-profit banks would lead to the eventual bankruptcy of the people, saying "the Government and not the banks should have the benefit from creating the medium of exchange," yet after Lincoln's assassination the Radical Republicans lost this battle and a National banking monopoly emerged in the years after.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

actually, you'd be seriously mistaken.
we had been using FIAT money long before the depression hit.
we have been using FIAT money since.

the money before that time with real value were the Greenbacks.
the money OF that time was as fiat as it is today.

since you clearly do not understand the progressions of that time, i'd suggest you spend some effort learning.

you really don't understand the manipulations that brought about the depression, do ya?
fyi, MANY financially astute ppl committed suicide during those days.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I think we must agree to disagree on this one then, as I see a direct coorilation between the great depression and this modern slow motion car wreck crash.

The people were dependent only on their own labors before the great depression, it destroyed only the wealth of those below the "rothschild/rockefeller" level, not a single person above it. Everyone above the line dividing super rich and everyone else, made out like a bandit. As they were prepared for the crash, as they helped engineer it, they knew the time the place and the weak spots, as they built them intentionally.

Simultaneously, they forced the starving masses to become dependent on them, instead of themselves. Soup kitchens, public works projects etc.

Now flash forward to today, they have created all the problems that have lead us to where we are, and once again, they are the only ones not losing or feeling the crunch, as a matter of fact they are thriving and prospering, as they got to once again steal all the regular flks money, ruin their corporations, to the point of insolvency by siphoning off all the assets to their personal accounts( all the while knowing their politician buddies were gonna make and pass TARP, how else do you think they had that giant piece of legislation waiting in the wings, for thee appointed day?) Then they got to take even more of the peoples money, from the bailouts, which they once again misused, they put this money in their pockets as well instead of using it as intended. Which should have been criminal, so where are even one prosecution for it?

Nobody was prosecuted, becaue they are all in it together at every upper level of government, and corporate oligarchy.

Even after that, it has been revealed that many many many CEOs of this super upper class, still continue their criminal wrong doing up to and including today, yet nobody has still been prosecuted.instead we have the "supremes" ruling it perfectly fine for the banks to steal your money and use it as their own, even if you lose it all and they make money off it, sorry about your luck. WTF kind of logic says, it is more important to allow a company to exist and continue criminal behavior, than it is to safeguard what little the people have to begin with?

This and many more examples are readily available to anyone on the net from official sources, they simply don't care if we read about it, since they know their buddies in the upper branches of the .gov will not stop them as they are in on it from the get go.

Which brings me full circle to, if you can't see the writing in front of your eyes, we will simply have to agree to disagree. As I have been doing extensive research on this subject for many years now, and it all points to the same families, and organizations. The same ones that are always on top of the game, as they created the game and control the rules, changing them at their discretion, to what hurts the people and helps them the most.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

YIKES!

Ben Stein really let himself go.
edit on 2-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

The FED was designed and implemented to do exactly what it has done, make financial slaves out of the populous. The entire point of the FED was to take financial authority over the U.S. currency out of the peoples hands and place into the hands of the oligarchs. While simultaniously preventing any kind of public oversight, so as to keep the people ignorant of the position they have been placed in.

Honestly, the FED is the single most important factor in causing the financial crisis. Yes I said causing, as it was done intentionaly. Think about it. Who lost their money? Poor people, middle class people, and regular rich people. Now who profited from it? The super rich, they came out even better than they went in.

They screwed over millions of people, millions lost all their savings and retirements, while the big wigs siphoned off their profits, then we bailed them out, and they used the blood money to give themselves bonuses and raises, for causing the problem to begin with.

As for the housing bubble, they did cause it, with help from their insider politicians, and intrest rate manipulation.leading to, a lot of folks losing their home and all equity in it, not for being in default, but because their martgage was now more than the value of their property. So many paid on time for many years, and the bank still gets to keep all that money, and the lendies property. It was a beautifully done double dip. The bankers weren't smarter or more prepared, they caused the problem in the first place. Knowing the day was coming to reap what they sowed. And so they did with great joy, and much jubilation.

The FED hasn't done a single thing to help a single person save the oligarchs and their buddies.

Brilliantly said!

I could not agree more.

Bernanke and the whole damn Fed needs to go. Put our slavery back in our hands, not theirs.

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It's wonderful that we're all in agreement that the Fed is a terrible thing!

The fact that several factors seem to all be coming together regarding the Fed, and focused upon the last 60 days of this year still intrigues me and leaves me nervous.

Honestly speaking, one could cherry pick about 20 of the top conspiracy subjects on ATS ( Those involving NWO themes specifically - and even 2012 prophecies, if one is so inclined ) and put them over the last two months of this year... and they fit together fairly well.

Could this be the trigger? An upset at the Fed that is then used to redefine the paradigm in Washington? Think about it. People would applaud a change - no matter what. Even if that change were destructive or dangerous. Just having a shake-up would make people happy in the short term. They'd possibly be blind to the implications.

Couple this with Iran, China, class warfare in the US...

From my POV this is almost like watching a car lose control on the freeway... it's all in slow motion, and you're not quite sure what's about to happen... but you know that it's not going to be good.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Bernanke is just a middle man, I careless if he stays or not, but rest assure that not harm will come to the Federal Reserve as they are a private funded entity with powers over the US government on their own.

I wish it could be different but all the talk about restricting the Federal Reserve and making them more open is never going to happen.

Money talks and we all know what goes next.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by TarzanBeta

You're referring, I assume, to the 99 year lease and the beginning date of 12/23/1913?

I'm not positive this will be an issue, as 99 year leases are flexible in legal nature. But it is very possible, given the grand plan, that this could end up being a blindside issue to the American people - to the World Bank - the global economy - and to China, who owns most of our debt.

There is a definite end-game opening to be had if the Fed were to collapse and shut its doors. That could be the final straw in collapsing the entire global economy.

And 2012ers will go crazy over the date... 12/21/12.

Am I close?

~Heff

That's the one.

Now make a guess as to who might show up, after a short time (to allow for distress that this act will be accepted), to buy the rights to become the USA's new central bank.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If I might trouble someone? Anyone familiar with the 99 year lease can sure help.

I'm looking for a link to the text of the original document or a very specific explanation of terms. VERY specific...if the original text isn't easy to find. I must have heard this somewhere in all the fringe radio shows I listened to for the many years on the road,..but it obviously didn't register because this hits like a thunder clap. Maybe it's nothing..maybe nothing at all....but the first hit I got on Google went to a blog suggesting a 12/21/12 connection in date of expiration. Now..I'm not getting that on a date calculator...unless 29 days is considered a month. That is where it comes out. 98 years, 11 months, 29 days.

It's..another number there..which really stopped me dead cold. Taken as weeks, it's 5,165 weeks. As long as no one can possibly show how Sept. 29, 1914 (Precisely 40 weeks taken off the original is 5,125 weeks....anyone else recognize that number?) is a date with any importance of any kind, whatsoever... It's nothing but a near coincidence..and these things happen. I'm just awfully nervous about coincidences with anything that touches within a week of Dec 21st of this year.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
they run the economy, yet they always blame the president.

they set economic policy, therefore they are ultimately responsible for it.

but they are never held accountable.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, just...damn man....good show!

And people tell me I am scary, with the things I say and put together, into a puzzle that seems to fit together quite nicely.

I think a mega thread, encompassing all these pieces together is in order pretty soon, as I am sure you and I are not even close to the only ones making all these connections.

Star for you sir!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It's wonderful that we're all in agreement that the Fed is a terrible thing!

The fact that several factors seem to all be coming together regarding the Fed, and focused upon the last 60 days of this year still intrigues me and leaves me nervous.

Honestly speaking, one could cherry pick about 20 of the top conspiracy subjects on ATS ( Those involving NWO themes specifically - and even 2012 prophecies, if one is so inclined ) and put them over the last two months of this year... and they fit together fairly well.

Could this be the trigger? An upset at the Fed that is then used to redefine the paradigm in Washington? Think about it. People would applaud a change - no matter what. Even if that change were destructive or dangerous. Just having a shake-up would make people happy in the short term. They'd possibly be blind to the implications.

Couple this with Iran, China, class warfare in the US...

From my POV this is almost like watching a car lose control on the freeway... it's all in slow motion, and you're not quite sure what's about to happen... but you know that it's not going to be good.

~Heff

Chaos is inevitably followed by drive. -Americanist

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is an area you will need to tread lightly. It has dug it's claws into our countries core.

The solution would have to involve our government by forcing a board to oversee the Federal Reverse's influence on our country. Assess it's risks and map it's processes. This is the first problem. Congress is corrupt. We would first need a new Congress with NEW requirements. If this takes place then you could introduce a new currency slowly. Change banking laws and use IT professionals to murk up their systems make it harder for them to do business. Get the people involved once things are rolling and vote to remove them. As a country so no individual losses could derail the effort. Just a thought.....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

i'm guessing you didn't get any answers to this inquiry so, i hope these help.
rather a lease, it's more a charter and it doesn't really expire.
Congress supposedly holds the authority to modify, amend, or whatever but since Congress isn't operating in the best interests of the people, it's not likely they'd cooperate.

www.law.cornell.edu...
“Sec. 31. The right to amend, alter, or repeal this Act is hereby expressly reserved.”

free google book - books.google.com...

FR regulations/amendments - www.federalreserve.gov...

Reservation of Right to Amend - www.federalreserve.gov...

1. Reservation of Right to Amend
The right to amend, alter, or repeal this Act is hereby expressly reserved.
[Omitted from U.S. Code. Part of original Federal Reserve Act; not amended.]
again, this reported expiration is another one of those arguments designed to distract.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I appreciate the reply. I looked into this and to be honest, I'll get back to it...but on the project I'm doing now I'm just going to sit with the direction I'm going. It's pretty far developed now. This might be interesting for someone to do a current and updated thread about just this though.

For all the 2012 theories and even working to put my own Mega thread together before giving up on total lack of facts to support much of anything...I'd never heard of this lease and it's being due to expire within a few days of the 12/21/12 "Mayan Date".

I hate coincidence....and this is one more reason to be VERY thankful to everyone and call our very existence without pain, injury or total chaos to be a Christmas Present enough if that is all true come the morning of Dec 25th.

This will be a very Merry Christmas...before a single present is opened. The closer we get, the more little details like this seem to pop out...and obviously, this is NOTHING new for a detail, it's just not one I'd ever seen mentioned...let alone talked about to any real length. Hmm

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wrabbit ... i certainly don't want to derail this thread, but for as long as you've been a member, i find that difficult to believe. however, you should review these threads for more info i think you're missing.

The Global Banking System by Agarta
www.abovetopsecret.com...

from 2009 - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Congress debates fate of FR by FortAnthem - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Wrabbit ... i certainly don't want to derail this thread, but for as long as you've been a member, i find that difficult to believe. however, you should review these threads for more info i think you're missing.

Well, I probably have heard it mentioned but it just didn't stick... As far as missing threads.. Umm.. The latest stats show 5,627 threads started in the last 30 days. That's almost 8 per hour, every hour of every day.... I miss A LOT of stuff...after all, I may have multiple monitors and so see a lot by having an ATS screen on one of them for parts of the day but I certainly don't work here and I do a lot more than this. lol... I'm not at all surprised I hadn't seen the threads here. One could spend days in the archives here and still only see a fraction of it all...

I just looked and goodness...Someone would be in for a LONG session to even look over each of the threads in Breaking Alternative..as one example. Over 54,000 threads waiting to be discovered.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

not sure how you got missed threads from "you should review these threads for more info i think you're missing ... however, your point about the production rate of threads has what to do with this topic ??

at least the threads i linked are directly related to the topic, even if you aren't willing to review them.

i'm well aware that newer members tend to shun the "search engine", however, it is quite useful to those truly seeking information.

edit on 3-9-2012 by Honor93 because: format

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join