It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack, Mitt, and Ron on the issue of Zombie Outbreak... Who would you choose and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So let's put out this hypothetical situation... Not like this should have any immediate influence on how you would determine your candidate, but if there was to be an outbreak of severe zombism in the states within the next month or two, how would politics change and what would the candidates do to secure their way to the oval office?

Yeah it's far fetched, but the world must go on even in an outbreak no? There would still be an election at one point and perhaps in the midst of severe zombie outbreaks...

Would Obama and leftists think that gun control still needs to be put into effect? Would I get in trouble by the big blue government for owning a gun for self-defense? What about welfare programs? Perhaps I could benefit from not going to work but still getting food from tax money I don't pay... What about hope?

Romney would just say something that doesn't make any sense so I don't even need to consider him as an option. He would probably just run away anyhow into some billion dollar bunker fortified with gold-plated windows that he would use to watch the world burn...

Ron Paul? He would take the troops out of foreign places and use them in a place that makes sense. He would probably deregulate the market a bit to assure that people could get goods with more ease. Guns would probably be a commodity that could be obtained through proper right and procedures. The government would be used only to help its country instead of enslave it...

I don't know. I think even in a zombie world Ron Paul would still be the right answer.
edit on 1-9-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
So let's put out this hypothetical situation...

OK, Sure

Yeah it's far fetched, but the world must go on even in an outbreak no?

True....

Would Obama and leftists think that gun control still needs to be put into effect?

I think half his Cabinet are already the Walking dead...

Romney would just say something that doesn't make any sense so I don't even need to consider him as an option.

Ron Paul? He would take the troops out of foreign places and use them in a place that makes sense.

Didn't see that one coming....

I don't know. I think even in a zombie world Ron Paul would still be the right answer.

Or, That one....

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Doesn't matter. If an severe zombie outbreak happened people wouldn't care about politics, but then again they really arn't right now. Also who in their right mind would sit and wait for the authorities to squash the situation? People would be acting any way they needed to survive, and not following laws.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So let's put out this hypothetical situation...

OK, Sure

oh boy here we go... quoting quips of text for illusionary effect...

Yeah it's far fetched, but the world must go on even in an outbreak no?

True....

Minimalistic...

Would Obama and leftists think that gun control still needs to be put into effect?

I think half his Cabinet are already the Walking dead...

Romney would just say something that doesn't make any sense so I don't even need to consider him as an option.

Ron Paul? He would take the troops out of foreign places and use them in a place that makes sense.

Didn't see that one coming....

Or, That one....

... No contribution to the conversation whatsoever... Typical.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Doesn't matter. If an severe zombie outbreak happened people wouldn't care about politics, but then again they really arn't right now. Also who in their right mind would sit and wait for the authorities to squash the situation? People would be acting any way they needed to survive, and not following laws.

So in a way you are admitting that deregulation (obviously to a point though) would be the smart option. Why waste resources in quelling something that doesn't need to be illegal? It would use up governmental resources unnecessarily and that at the most should be used to protect and serve the country, not hinder it...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My opinions:

Obama would want to reason with them and give them food stamps, counseling and a place to live probably lowering my property value before they kill my whole family.

Paul wants to gut the military, so there wouldn't be anyone to fight for us.

Have to go with Romney, he likes guns and could buy the zombies off if that didn't work.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Not sure what was funnier, your comment about Romney or...

Wait you think Ron Paul wants to gut the military? Overseas spending yes but... not on the homefront...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Let all the politicians get zombified, as if most of them already aren't.

I already have a plan, and it doesn't need even a single gun or any other conventional weapon.
There are kinder, gentler, quieter and safer ways to deal with zombies than typical warfare strategies.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
zombie outbreak to me comes across as a fictitious scenario. to realize its very real, isn't there a strain of rabies that yields some of the hallmark "zombie" effects, apart from trasmission thru bites?

anyways obama seems to be a proponent of removal of gun rights and enablement of a virulent "zombie" outbreak. you know usa wants to cash in on each american's term life insurance right? i don't see him stopping it, the rothschild puppet that he is. its a coin toss bw the other 2, they both claim to be mighty protectors and slayers but maybe all talk as usual?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I must say I am interested at the least.

Why be gentle to zombies? They are just like the political government: braindead, heartless things that eat up civilization one by one. ~100% of politicians and 100% of zombies need to be dealt with--with no mercy.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Certainly there is hope for at least one politician.

Who knows maybe he is staring you in the face while the others stare at you with double barrels pointing to your face....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm not so sure, I would have to ask them. Since this is not likely and were I to ask, I would probably be taken out in a straight jacket, I would have to go with Ron.

I don't agree 100% with him, but he is the closest and most sincere politician I have ever researched.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I must say I am interested at the least.

Why be gentle to zombies? They are just like the political government: braindead, heartless things that eat up civilization one by one. ~100% of politicians and 100% of zombies need to be dealt with--with no mercy.

Zombies will be half your problem if a zombie apocalypse happens. The other half of the problem will be OTHER PEOPLE.
By staying quiet and not using guns (noise makers) zombies will be less likely to be attracted to you.
Everyone making noise with guns or anything else will essentially be zombie bait, and after awhile, all their supplies and guns will be free for the taking after they run out of ammunition and/or get overrun by the massive hoards they attract with all the noise.

Using rope, or wire anyone can run circles around a zombie or group of zombies to tangle and tie them to poles, cars, fences, or anything else.

Further, zombies can be corralled for use as a weapon, by creating/using a sturdy enclosure, hooking a car alarm directly to a battery inside, whereby the zombies shuffle in to be safely shut inside.
Set up several enclosures to look like promising targets for scavenging by other people, and those other people get a fun surprise.

Make noise grenades with car alarm sirens and batteries to attract zombies into areas away from places you want to go, or to herd them into attacking any threatening aggressive people, who, with guns, will make more noise, sealing their fate and leaving their supplies free for the taking.

Zombies are your friends for taking out other people that could be a worse and more dangerous threat since people can shoot, and a zombie apocalypse will likely bring out the worst in most people.
Use the zombies to your own benefit and advantage.
Use the zombies as a weapon.

Alternatively, GTA a sailboat. Sailboats don't need petrol/gasoline. A properly rigged and outfitted sailboat can go anywhere else on the planet.
Zombies don't surf .. or sail, so, life on the water would be easy enough, punctuated by landings where the above mentioned tactics come into play.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Are you talking about a little bom-chikka-wah, zombie style? Hybridization? Heterosis?

Never thought about that gameplan before...

~Heff

ETA: Never mind. You weren't....

So, now. I'm tabling the notion! We could have zombies that are half human, half zombie, and half Republican and have Democrat... Go ahead and fire the UN... I've figured out the world peace thing.
edit on 9/2/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Just going by what he proposed with the help of Barney Frank and George Soros:

It was recently observed that Ron Paul was to the left of Obama on national security and the best evidence for that statement can be found when one year ago Ron Paul joined forces with Barney Frank on a proposal to gut national defense via a panel of experts, quite a few of whom were tied to George Soros.

In July 2010, Barney Frank and Ron Paul co-authored a Huffington Post article rolling out their Sustainable Defense Task Force. The Task Force “consisting of experts on military expenditures that span the ideological spectrum” would recommend a trillion dollars in defense cuts. The experts, however, didn’t quite “span the ideological spectrum” — more like float under it.

frontpagemag.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

No, nothing kinky like that.

I just think other survivors will be more dangerous than zombies themselves, and by learning the way of the zombie, how to herd and move zombies around, zombies could very well be your best weapon against all those other potentially more dangerous survivors.

You can have your gun. I'll have an army of 100,000.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I've figured out the world peace thing.

psssst...

It would be piece not peace.

Zombies remember?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wouldn't work in my opinion.

I don't vote.

And

Zombies are not real.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Hefficide
I've figured out the world peace thing.

psssst...

It would be piece not peace.

Zombies remember?

You sayin' you're not up to the challenge???

Man I met one of my ex wives in a biker bar in Texas... compared to that the zombie idea seems pretty easy!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'd rather face bikers, zombies or zombie bikers than my Ex wife

True story....

edit on 2-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join