It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Movie Mad Scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My favorite movie villain is Auric Goldfinger, from the Eponymous James Bond movie.

My favorite scene is where Goldfinger has all the Mobsters in his rumpus room, the one with the scale model of Fort Knox under the floor. He goes off with a tirade about how . . .

man has flown to the moon, plumbed the ocean depths, and even split the atom. The mind of man has triumphed in every field of human endeavor---EXCEPT CRIME!

His plan is cool, too. Not to steal all the gold, just render it radioactive, and drive up the value of his own vast reserves. Brilliant!

Who would you nominate for best movie mad scientist/evil villian?

(Darth Vader reference in 3 . . . 2. . . 1. . .)

[Edited on 13-10-2004 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
well i dunno if this will qualify but im going to say Dr. Strangelove althogh he wasnt evil but he craks me up. that idol hand is funny

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Oh, Mein Fuh-- my friend, I like him just fine. And plenty evil. And George C. Scott's military dude, who is frightened by the possibility of a "Mine Gap," causes the tirade about the need for 10 voluptuous females for every 1 crippled scientist. Brilliant.

a fine choice.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Do you even have to ask????

Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein...HANDS DOWN!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Doc Brown from Back To The Future. That guy had the best mad scientest hair.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Bad Science, Great Hair

Dr. Emilio Lizardo: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai-Across the Eighth Dimension

May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I'm sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly inscribed

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I used to think Shredder was a cool villain. (yeah, I'm a geek).

What? No one talked about Darth Vader yet? WTF is happenning here? Where have all the geek gone?

Saruman is also a super-cool super-villain IMO. It's a shame we haven't seen him more in the movies.

But my favorite would probably have to be Magneto.

[Edited on 14-10-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Magneto had it down, big time. Like the whole iron-injection-into-prison-guard escape.

But as for all time villain, it had to be Blofeld. He was so sick tight evil, what with SPECTRE. No, not that guy, the organization. He was all like "SUPER ASSASIN!" and boom! There one was.

DE

new topics

top topics

join