It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair, Bush should be tried for Iraq: Tutu

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

They should be executed for starting Iraq. There was no evidence and there still is no evidence of WMDs.
The US government has built one of its largest embassy complexes in Baghdad. Why? Because the occupation isn't permanent? LOL. Too much oil in their brains.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nice to see how people think it's ok for Bush and Blair to stand before their countries and lie to them to get them to go to war. Not to mention the deaths of thousands of soldiers and over a million innocent civilians. Small wonder why this world is going to hell in a handbasket.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

I believe Nelson Mandela said something similar not long ago. I remember reading about it right around his birthday. Many people are responsible for what has led to massive loss of life and inhuman actions. Most never have to answer for it though.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The International Criminal Court is part of the NWO apparatus. It's nice to know who in this forum advocates it. This also leads the way for average Americans to be tried at the Intl Criminal Court by foreign countries and interests. Why would you want that? Such activity destroys our sovereignty and we lose the protections afforded us by our Constitution.
Some people never follow these things to the logical conclusion. They are so eager for their favorite war villain to get their due. Did you ever call for George Soros to be taken the the Intl Criminal Court for his part in confiscating Jewish wealth for the Nazis? No? I mean he admitted it in an interview and said he had no remorse.

edit on 2-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Wait, wasn't saddam tried for his atrocities? I bet you never called for him to be tried in the Hague though. Did you call for Saddam to be tried for gassing the kurds? Thanks to Bush and Blair, Saddam never had the full on chance to kill innocent Iranians.....oh how we forget...I personally never understood why our leaders took out Iran's natural enemy....

PS I'm waiting for you to call for Obama to be tried for going to war in Libya and for assassinating Bin Ladin and for furthering war in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The Archbishop's goal seems like it can only be realized if the US is reduced to a third-rate power

Yes, and who is very possibly doing that either intentionally or unintentionally? (not necessarily just one person).

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It seems the Comittee on Foreign Relations agrees with me

Now then, with the establishment of a prominent
International Criminal Court [ICC] drawing nearer and nearer,
the fact that American servicemen and officials may one day be
seized, extradited and prosecuted for war crimes is growing.
And indeed, that day may already have arrived.

Moreover, this year for the first time we have seen an
international criminal tribunal investigate allegations that
NATO committed war crimes during the Kosovo campaign. And a
month ago, in May, NATO Secretary General Lord Robertson
submitted to a degrading, written interrogation by a woman
named Carla Del Ponte, the chief prosecutor of the Yugoslav War
Crimes Tribunal.

Joe Biden is listed as a committee member at that time so don't be getting any ideas my stance is partisan.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Yah, keep hearing about calls for arrest of American ex politicians and ex CEO's. They wreaked havoc around the world and now retire the good life in their secure, patrolled mansions while the people they maimed still suffer and die from their "policies".

As viewed by the rest of the world, I wonder how many war criminals there are now in this country as compared to the years after WWII when America imported all the "EX" Nazis from Germany? How long is that wanted list?

I bet some of the people on it don't even know they are. They think they did a good job.

Bhopal, Big Oil, 52 wars, Depleted Uranium munitions, land mines, Agent Orange, etc, etc, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Let's see here:

-Going before NATO with fabricated information about weapons of mass destruction that Iraq supposedly still carried that we were originally responsible for supporting during the Iran, Iraq war. (check)
-Going before the people of the United States in order to plead his case against Iraq........with fabricated information......in other words lying directly to citizens of the Untied States in order to get the go ahead to kill people (check)
-Waging a war based on lies that killed hundreds of thousands of people, who most likely would not be dead today (check)
-Cracking jokes about it (check)
-Supporting torture, hiding troop atrocities, and generally having no understanding of the sanctity of life even though he claims Christianity as his faith (check)

Yeah, I'd say trial for treason / war crimes would be rather appropriate for him and anyone else complicit in the scheme. We live in a sick place when lies that lead to war aren't condemned criminally yet our prisons are packed with peaceful people who were caught lighting up plant matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
Let's see here:

-Going before NATO with fabricated information about weapons of mass destruction that Iraq supposedly still carried that we were originally responsible for supporting during the Iran, Iraq war. (check)
-Going before the people of the United States in order to plead his case against Iraq........with fabricated information......in other words lying directly to citizens of the Untied States in order to get the go ahead to kill people (check)
-Waging a war based on lies that killed hundreds of thousands of people, who most likely would not be dead today (check)
-Cracking jokes about it (check)
-Supporting torture, hiding troop atrocities, and generally having no understanding of the sanctity of life even though he claims Christianity as his faith (check)

Yeah, I'd say trial for treason / war crimes would be rather appropriate for him and anyone else complicit in the scheme. We live in a sick place when lies that lead to war aren't condemned criminally yet our prisons are packed with peaceful people who were caught lighting up plant matter.

Please see my above post on people in the world wanting to prosecute American soldiers for the war crimes of Clinton in Kosovo.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Oh, I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, this thread is focused on Bush and so I wrote concerning the Bush administration. I would also address issues with the executive branch killing innocents through drone strikes as similarly horrid.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Let's not do something about how much power the office has.

Thats part of the problem. The top criminals crowd the positions around them with other aspiring prodigees who take over the reins as it were. That way you see they leave a lasting legacy of the same mindset and procedural goals. Evil begets more evil on down the line. If we bury their fore fathers we send a message thru the ranks that this behavior is no longer tolerated. That they will be hunted down like Ex Nazis and brought to justice for their actions.

After WWII the likes of Eichman, Borman, and Mengele scurried to Argentina(?) and formed a whole nother state terror apparatus for them down there.

Constant struggle between the forces of light and darkness. Should never let up.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
FYI : The UK parliament voted for the invasion of Iraq on a free vote. The tories (in opposition at the time) had a greater number voting for the motion than the mp's of the government !!

Folks need to take a step back and look at things objectively (nigh on impossible for most folks on ATS) and see the practicalities of the situation and the publicity seeking motives of those crying out for a war trial.

So at worst Blair could be charged with misleading parliament with the "dossier". however, it was full of flaky military intelligence which is so open to interpretation no court would ever reach a conclusion.

Just a reminder about Blair folks : Sierra Leone , Balkans. . . . . Ooops contradicts the war mongering howls doesn't it !

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Oh, I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, this thread is focused on Bush and so I wrote concerning the Bush administration. I would also address issues with the executive branch killing innocents through drone strikes as similarly horrid.

The way I see it is this thread is about dragging leaders into Criminal Court, and for me it's all about losing national sovereignty. If it applies to Bush, it has to apply to everyone the same. Would you have foreign countries taking our American servicemen to the Court for serving their country? If you would, I say for shame.
There are partisans who just hate Bush or they would have called for the same thing for Clinton and others. Leftists who hate Bush have been calling for this for some time. Call it like it is already.

I would add there's been Marxist guerilla warfare in South and Central America and in many parts of Africa for decades. When will those people be brought to trial for their crimes?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by Skinon

Seen this kind of story pop up a bit lately, bet nothing will come of it, but who knows.... It might gain some traction.

There's nothing for it to get any kind of traction on.

Would be nice to see some sense come back to the world.

So this is what counts for sense these days? Explains a lot.

Although i think if someone put the effort in and had the resources, then they probably would have a case that these two scumbags would have to answer.

Answer for what, exactly? Acting on the intelligence sources of their respective nations? Enforcing the ultimatum of an international diplomatic forum?

How fickle the human memory is.

How pathetic our reasoning has become.

Prosecuting the past will not correct the future. How would this change anything? How would this undo any wrongs?

It's blood lust justified by its direction at an individual in a position of authority during an unpopular (or contentious) sequence of events. It presumes to know the truth and advocates the persecution of an individual as a solution to any existing problems.

But it's nothing more than vengeful aggression. So you crucified some political figure currently out of office and out of power. Good for you. You've gotten that out of the way just in time to persecute the official who just left office. By time that's over, you can persecute the next one for his perceived atrocities - and the next.

Let's not do something about how much power the office has.

I swear... our society deserves every plight that befalls it.

Were you awake when GHW and Cheney ran that war through Congress? You must have been too busy reading your comic books and watching Fox news. Guess what, they killed millions and you were probably one of those who went along with it like you were being patriotic. You were probably one of the people who yelled stupid slogans like "If you don't like Bush you are un-American". Maybe you said "If you don't support this war you are a coward". Maybe you tried to lay some other guilt trip on everyone who disagreed with the war because they were better informed than you.

I am sick of you inept retards that think you are better than those who actually gave something for this nation. I doubt you spent a day fighting in Iraq. I doubt you did anything except scream how "Ameri8can" you are for fighting a just war against bad terrorists who blew up our towers. You morons were the reason we went to Iraq. IT IS YOUR FAULT! I would be happy to see all the supporters brought to trial as well. Throw them all in FEMA camps. Good riddens.

Unfortunately there is no shortage of the uninformed idiots like yourself in this country. You scream how patriotic you are yet you give nothing. Next time you vote for war how about going over there yourself? Put your body where your mouth is tough guy.

BTW, there are plenty of American widows and guys missing legs, arms and genitals who would be happy to see GHW and Cheney charged with war crimes. You are either completely insane or in denial if you think they did nothing wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

What it would change by prosecuting these a-holes is the future! How many guys like Cheney will rise to the top when the threat of execution is real? Do you think the next president would be so bold as to ignore every sane person on the planet and insist on a war anyway? Tony Blair was ousted over his role in supporting that war and retarded American's voted for Bush again.

Our main problem is that those who caused this mess will not take responsibility for their actions. They don't understand war because they have never been shot at or had the road blow up under them.

I say give every person who voted to support that fallacy a front row seat in a Humvee in Iraq or Afghanistan regardless of age!

How many patriots would there be then?

The only way to solve our tremendous problem is to hold those responsible accountable for their actions!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Skinon
So we should just let them get away with it? ........

All the instigators of any war should be automatically held on trial to prove to the public and world that the reasons for causing the deaths of thousands of people in 'regime change' were justifiable

So who would you start with? North Korea for invading South Korea? North Vietnam for invading South Vietnam?

Or people involved in one of these?

1990 1990 Invasion of Kuwait
1990 1991 Gulf War Kuwait
1990 1993 Rwandan Civil War
1990 1995 Tuareg rebellion (1990–1995)
1991 1991 Ten-Day War Slovenia
1991 1992 1991–1992 South Ossetia War
1991 1994 Djiboutian Civil War
1991 1995 Croatian War of Independence
1991 2002 Sierra Leone Civil War
1991 2002 Algerian Civil War
1991 Ongoing Somali Civil War
1991 1993 Georgian Civil War
1991 1991 1991 uprisings in Iraq
1992 1992 East Prigorodny conflict
1992 1996 Civil war in Afghanistan (1992–1996)
1992 1992 War of Transnistria
1992 1993 War in Abkhazia
1992 1995 Bosnian War
1992 1994 Croat–Bosniak War
1992 1997 Civil war in Tajikistan
1993 2005 Burundi Civil War
1993 Ongoing Ethnic conflict in Nagaland
1994 1997 Iraqi Kurdish Civil War
1994 1994 Chiapas conflict
1994 1994 1994 civil war in Yemen
1994 1996 First Chechen War
1994 1999 Caprivi conflict Namibia
1995 1995 Cenepa War
1995 2009 Insurgency in Ogaden
1996 2006 Nepalese Civil War
1996 2001 Civil war in Afghanistan (1996–2001)
1996 1997 First Congo War
1997 1997 rebellion in Albania
1997 1999 Republic of the Congo Civil War
1997 1997 clashes in Cambodia
1997 2008 Pool Department insurgency
1998 1998 War in Abkhazia (1998) Abkhazia
1998 2002 Civil war in Chad (1998–2002)
1998 1999 Kosovo War
1998 2000 Eritrean–Ethiopian War Ethiopia
1998 2003 Second Congo War
1998 1999 Guinea-Bissau Civil War
1999 1999 Kargil War
1999 2000 1999 East Timorese crisis
1999 2001 Insurgency in the Preševo Valley
1999 2003 Second Liberian Civil War
1999 2007 Ituri conflict
1999 1999 Invasion of Dagestan (1999)
1999 2009 Second Chechen War
2000 2005 Second Intifada Israel
2001 2001 2001 Indian–Bangladeshi border conflict
2001 2001 Insurgency in the Republic of Macedonia
2001 Ongoing War in Afghanistan (2001–present)
2002 Ongoing Operation Enduring Freedom – Philippines
2002 Ongoing Operation Enduring Freedom – Horn of Africa
2002 2002 Operation Defensive Shield
2002 2007 First Ivorian Civil War
2002 Ongoing Insurgency in the Maghreb (2002–present)

etc etc etc.

That looks like a fine list. This is proof that these things have gone on long enough. We should start at the top and work our way down.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I haven't followed this issue closely but it is possible that Archbishop Tutu's remarks are intended as "moral suasion" aimed at the International Criminal Court of the Hague, which is currently, I believe, considering bringing down indictments against George W. Bush and members of his cabinet in connection with the practice of "extraordinary rendition", i.e., sending prisoners to other countries for torture, which occurred during President Bush's administration.

This is a violation of international criminal law for which they have already been convicted in a Malaysian court.

A team led by Professor Francis Boyle of Illinois State University School of Law has succeeded, for the first time, in getting the ICC to consider bringing forth an indictment against Bush and several others. Jurisdictional limitations have prevented this from happening in the past, however Professor Boyle found a loophole in the laws on this matter, which could bring the United States into jeopardy in the instances of extraordinary rendition.

The details are covered in the following thread:

Bush, Cheney War Crimes Convictions: Lead Prosecutor Explains Ramifications

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-9-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon

Blair, Bush should be tried for Iraq: Tutu

news.msn.co.nz

South Africa's Archbishop Desmond Tutu has called for Tony Blair and George Bush to be taken to the International Criminal Court in The Hague for their role in the Iraq war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

He should first solve his country's issues before other's, call for a trial for those 34 miners that got shot by police the other day. The South Africans wanted the British out of power and the country fell apart. It's their doing. South Africa was considered a modern nation under the British and now the country possesses a status no better than third world country.

Maybe it's Bush's and Blair's fault ? Seems everything else is.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
IF you support George Bush Senior, you approve of the NWO
IF you support the outsourcing of jobs to make global corporations richer, you support the NWO

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
The International Criminal Court is part of the NWO apparatus. It's nice to know who in this forum advocates it. This also leads the way for average Americans to be tried at the Intl Criminal Court by foreign countries and interests. Why would you want that? Such activity destroys our sovereignty and we lose the protections afforded us by our Constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join