It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Image of Baphomet: Upsetting Folks Since 1855.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

He's not just a God of the sheep, but he is also a "Lamb" himself, because he too follows God.

I never understood this one, Jesus is god, and he follows god?

When I read Christian texts I can clearly see that Jesus is speaking of God as a separate entity however it seems many people do not differentiate between the two?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Woah...The Devil has some serious man-boobs.

The "boobs" are symbolic of the idea that "flesh is female" in the secret spiritual code. The "spirit" is considered to be "male", because it "impregnates" the "flesh." By putting the boobs on the body of a male the Baphomet image suggests knowledge of the union of spirit and flesh, which is a sexual union, and by implication, knoweldge of how to separate and reunite the two at will.

Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty." The Gospel of Thomas #29

SOURCE: gnosis.org...

The idea that it is possible to separate the two, is alluded to again in The Gospel of Thomas,

His disciples said, "When will you become revealed to us and when shall we see you?"

Jesus said, "When you disrobe without being ashamed and take up your garments and place them under your feet like little children and tread on them, then will you see the son of the living one, and you will not be afraid"

The "garments" here refer to the "fleshy body", and the "spirit" is the man wearing that fleshy body. When he "disrobes", or leaves his body behind, then he will see Jesus. That is to say, Jesus is not visible to your physical eyes, only those who can disrobe, and walk in the spirit can see him, with their "spiritual eyes."

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That picture is just one representation of the devil. You can find pictures as far back as Ancient Egypt.
oh and for the folks who arent doing their own research, America was founded by the dissolved members of the templar Knights and a few other secret societies.
Also I firmly believe that not all freemasons are bad,but indeed there are a few (maybe more then a few) bad apples.

Anyways like all such images, this "picture" didn't come out of nowhere. It actually has a long and interesting history, going back as far as 4800 years, culminating in the worship of a mythical god called Baphomet. Gods of evil have borne this look throughout the ages. Nowadays, such "demons" are as easy to recognize as a famous celebrity.

Tarot Card

Celtic goddess

The one you posted is only a newer version of whats always been around, so please dont confuse folks.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god

He's not just a God of the sheep, but he is also a "Lamb" himself, because he too follows God.

I never understood this one, Jesus is god, and he follows god?

When I read Christian texts I can clearly see that Jesus is speaking of God as a separate entity however it seems many people do not differentiate between the two?

A boy is a man, yet follows his father who is also a man. Where is the paradox? His father knows more than the boy, but the boy knows more than his pet cat. So, the boy relies on his father to provide him with food, but the cat relies on the boy to provide him with its food. Where is the paradox?

While the boy does feed his pet cat, in fact, he has to get that food from his father first, then he can feed his cat. So, the boy, although a man, still needs yet another man, called his "Father", to provide him with the treats that he then gives to others.

The whole world is built from "repeating themes", so that if you contemplate the things you see and understand, you can then understand the things that are not so clear.

Jesus said, "Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you . For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest." The Gospel of Thomas #5

SOURCE: gnosis.org...

As far as the cat is concerned, the boy is the provider.

But, the boy, knowing better, tells the cat that his father is the provider, and he is really just the distributor of the food. Yet, the cat knows the food comes from the boy, whose hand he sees feeding him, and has a harder time understanding this mysterious other creature called "Father" that is in fact the ultimate provider of food for everyone.

We can only understand things by analogy. There's no other way.

edit on 2-9-2012 by GreatOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I love the image of baphomat, I have worn it proudly since I was teenager when once I was a satanist. The fact that a particular image bugs an individual just shows how insecure they are.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatOwl
There's no need to draw a picture of Jesus with a Lamb head, and sheep hoofs, because the imagery is all there in the text for you to read in plain language without any cipher.

Regardless, you've given me some perspective. From now on, I will imagine your Jesus as a sheep god with a sheep head. Goose and gander and all that jazz...

If Christians can all this Satan:

Then I can call this Jesus:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CrippledAhole

Actually the "image" is more or less a symbol, and this symbol represents Evil, so I truly hope you understand the history behind what you proudly wear.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I keep seeing this "baphomet" pose showing up in various places.

This is the final shot in Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining":

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The hand gesture is millennia old I believe, and is meant to confer the Hermetic axiom, "As above, so below."
edit on 2-9-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

It really doesn't represent evil; If you'd like I could describe in it's entirety the meaning if it please you.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Hence the cosmic 'Law of Analogy'. You would not believe the things that have revealed themselves to me by this simple principle.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You can also see elements of the Caduceus in the Baphomet image:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I understand it represents Male and Female, Night and Day, or Heaven and Hell, but this symbol is still used to worship the devil and evil

edit on 2-9-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I understand it represents Male and Female, Night and Day, or Heaven and Hell, but this symbol is still used to worship the devil and evil

edit on 2-9-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

What if Satanists started using the cross? Will that make Christians suddenly Satanic?

Christians use all kinds of pagan imagery but it doesn't make those images non-pagan.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
It's so easy for Christians to point to anything they don't like and to say "yeah... sure, that's what the devil looks like!" and completely dismiss it having any roll in anything not relating to them.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Cuervo because: clarification...

why focus on Christians, what about the Christians who don't do that or the Muslims, Jews, atheists etc who do

What about those eh

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Id say no since its widely know to mean Good, but if used upside down its a sign of the ANTI-christ

besides I hope you arent assuming I believe in religion? I mean I believe in God, but not religion

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Cuervo
It's so easy for Christians to point to anything they don't like and to say "yeah... sure, that's what the devil looks like!" and completely dismiss it having any roll in anything not relating to them.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Cuervo because: clarification...

why focus on Christians, what about the Christians who don't do that or the Muslims, Jews, atheists etc who do

What about those eh

Because this forum is a mostly-western audience. Also, the Christian church seems to have quite the monopoly on what is "satan" and what is not. The historical addiction the church has with demonizing those unlike themselves is no secret and should be self-evident to anybody who looks at pagan history.

Besides, what do you notice in common with all of the religions you mentioned? They are all of the same root religions. This is why their respective churches has so many prejudices in common.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce
reply to post by Cuervo

Id say no since its widely know to mean Good, but if used upside down its a sign of the ANTI-christ

besides I hope you arent assuming I believe in religion? I mean I believe in God, but not religion

It's not "widely known to be good" to the descendants of those who were butchered at the hands of people carrying them.

All religions have their "boogieman". Western Judeo-Christian religions just happen to be the boogyman for many other faiths. I don't think it far-fetched to think of the cross as a wholly evil symbol representing a divine antagonist.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Cuervo because: coffee...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Maybe so...It would just be another reason to the list of why I dislike religion. Infact I agree with you, because I always felt the crucifix was a strange way to remember Jesus, sure he died for our sins, but to remember him as a bloody mess?...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
From the Hermetic perspective, Baphomet represents 'Hermes'. The intire image is a mandala and is rich in meaning.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join