<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
As long as they won't cut veterans benefits I'm happy

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

When you say things that are not true about Democrats or Obama in a thread that is about Romney and Ryan, what do you suppose it accomplishes?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Reagan was at the top when the outsourcing began that destroyed our economy. Do you not remember the television ads of the 80s where groups were asking people to buy American and stop the outsourcing of jobs? A time when at least a few Americans still fought to save the middle class.

Correct. This outsourcing actually began in the 1960-70s, with tires and steel. (Think Watts riots 1965 and Ohio).

By 1980s other types of manufacturing began to be outsourced, as corporations looked at their books and decided that cheaper labor elsewhere would mean more profits for them. However, it wasn't until shipping technology (think also cheaper oil prices) and infrastructure in foreign countries to ensure supply made outsourcing feasible, that plus "free trade".

Actually, corporations at first fled to Mexico for cheap labor, but, when Asia promised even better deals, the dumping of American jobs (with no job of equal value for replacement) went there. However, trade is once again returning to Mexico, because American consumption is up, along with changes in China.

ETA Unless one was born pre 1970, it would be hard to remember.
edit on 2-9-2012 by desert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I am very familiar with "Reganomics" he was the one that started the official give away of peoples powers over to the corporations.

His entire economic trickle down screw the small businesses while cementing the power of the corporate elite, then he gave Amnesty to millions of illegals so the tax payers would not complain so much about taxes and what Carter did before him.

Carter, made possible for illegals age 62 to file for SS regardless if they pay into the pot or not.

Still the two parties used to be differentiated by their accomplishments, one for corporations the other one for unions, right now you can not find differentiation at all, as their corruption complements each other.

edit on 2-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Sorry to burst the bubble but you can not pin one without the other, I been there and see it all, one political party is as big whore as the other one.

America is a corporate dictatorship and politics is nothing but a show for the blind to wave their littler flags of patriotism while we get all screwed after believing the politicians lies.

Romney, Ryan and Obama and partner in crime are nothing but Hollywood style politicians to make you feel all gooey inside.
depending who you favor.

History repeat itself.
The military budget HAS been cut to pay for Obama care and Romney or Ryan is lying about not cutting it.

Get it.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Romney/Ryan and the GOP feel military investment creates jobs in the private sector due to the Military Industrial Complex. A group of privately owned developers and manufacturers that sell ridiculously over priced hardware to the Gov who pays for it with YOUR tax dollars. Sure, the Corporation is private but it's customer is public....am I the only one that sees something wrong with this picture?

They stockpile enormous amounts of destruction and then to justify purchasing MORE...they have to find a reason to use what they already have...nice cycle eh?

I'm afraid continued conflict in the Middle East is inevitable...for more reasons than I can count...but none of them are worthy...it's a fear mongering scam to get the sheep to flock to their "herders" for protection...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

No they will not cut veterans benefits so far, they just increased those that are under Tricare benefits, deductibles and fees already went up (my husband and I got the letter already) medications are up and, and an overall freeze is been talked about on benefits.

edit on 2-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Yes you are right on the spot, from the billions if not trillions that goes to the defense budget only a small area of the pie is for military alone, the rest is for the private sector.

This brings incredible amounts of revenue for the military private complex, but at the same time they can put back the money into the economy here at home.

A very large portion of the defense budge goes to paying the salaries of teh something like 5 million Americans. Since American forces deployed overseas do not live on the local economy, almost all that money goes either to their families here at home or to the concessions that serve them abroad run by US contractors. One can feel about contractors however one pleases, but the US contractors are American firms and their earnings and most of their wages also go back into the American economy.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Now what the government doesn't tell and is not doing anything to cut either is the waste and abuse that is going rampant on the training and maintaining foreign military forces

Section 1206 allow the Department of Defense to use defense funds to be squandered oversea and growing every year.

Section 1206 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)

www.fas.org...

The only jobs created for this are for the 40 or so countries that US tax payers are supporting, no domestically this is income lost.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Endorra

Sorry to burst the bubble but you can not pin one without the other, I been there and see it all, one political party is as big whore as the other one.

Sorry to burst your bubble but what I replied to was a flat out lie, no matter how much you dislike Obama. I am not going to believe in things that are not true just to justify my feelings.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Dear, my job is not to change your mind, I will never dream on doing that to die hard political party followers.

BTW I voted for Obama so guess what I learn my lesson the hard way when my husband lost his job thanks to his so call defense budget cuts, creating jobs my big Latino arse.

He has made his entire presidency legacy to bring spend all resources into a mammoth health care give away to the private insurance companies and their corrupted partners the big Pharma.

Carter was tagged the worse president but Obama is going to win that tittle now.

Specially when the mandate will become a tax (more than one) as per Supreme court rule.
and is not for the super rich either.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Of course they wont cut the INSANELY OUTRAGEOUS military budget. Republicans LOVE war and killing folks around the world.

Well, almost got through the first page without someone spewing partisan tripe. Can you guess what party our sitting president is a member of? Can you guess what his party keeps voting for? Can you also guess what he refuses to do? Hint: it begins with "kill" and ends with "people for oil". You only get one hint, sorry. But you're a smart guy, I'm sure you can come up with the answer...eventually.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by minnow

They already did....lol

This is really nothing new, Romney has been saying he planned on raising military spending since the beginning of his campaign. He's just reassuring it now.

US Military Spending

And this is why we are in debt and why our country will fail, just like the Roman Empire did when they spent ridiculous amounts of money on their military and their empire.

Now I will definitely not be voting Romney. I was considering doing so, but definitely not now. The only way we can fix our economy is cutting the military budget, but if he's unwilling to fix our economy I will be unwilling to vote for him.

There's no reason we have to spend 9x as much on our military as the next country on the list. We could cut our budget down to 1/3 of what it is now and still be the most powerful nation on the planet. In fact, we'd be more powerful than we are now because we'd have a stronger economy.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

I agree, but the problem is that while the military is cut, jobs will be lost "in America" but the spending oversea on military bases and on foreign forces is not been cut.

Still the only reason Obama is slashing the military is to finance his mammoth health care dream of deceptions, waste and abuse as usual will run rampant and the economy will keep going down the hill as Americas problems is due to the fault of the two political parties that we put in power every 4 years because is not the party powers that runs the nation but the power behind the corporate take over.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have no idea what any of that has to do with my calling out a lie for a lie.
I really have no idea what that post is about at all. You were arguing with me about what I said. Now I do not know what you are doing.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Another point to make.

Who is the biggest Employer in the US?

Yes, you people guess it, you all intelligent, it is no other than the US government. America's defense department had 3.2m people on its payroll last year, equivalent to 1% of the country's population.

Sadly cutting the the Defense budget is not about cutting military personnel is about leaving hundreds of thousand of people without jobs in America no oversea, taking away from the economy as that money is actually spend in the US

How that helps the economy if the welfare state keeps growing.

Still I don't trust either political parties as they know very well how to lie.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Of course they wont cut the INSANELY OUTRAGEOUS military budget. Republicans LOVE war and killing folks around the world.

Well, almost got through the first page without someone spewing partisan tripe. Can you guess what party our sitting president is a member of? Can you guess what his party keeps voting for? Can you also guess what he refuses to do? Hint: it begins with "kill" and ends with "people for oil". You only get one hint, sorry. But you're a smart guy, I'm sure you can come up with the answer...eventually.

/TOA

Every time Democrats propose cuts to military spending they are demonized by the right as putting America in danger. Are you disputing this?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

I don't argue with members endorra I treat threads and post for their value of posting, I actually like what you have to post and I am enjoying what you have to say.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Realspoke, I always appreciate how you put information in your posts compared to most who negatively respond to you with loose canon attacks without referenced information, just spouting off their pie holes.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Another point to make.

Who is the biggest Employer in the US?

Yes, you people guess it, you all intelligent, it is no other than the US government. America's defense department had 3.2m people on its payroll last year, equivalent to 1% of the country's population.

Sadly cutting the the Defense budget is not about cutting military personnel is about leaving hundreds of thousand of people without jobs in America no oversea, taking away from the economy as that money is actually spend in the US

How that helps the economy if the welfare state keeps growing.

Still I don't trust either political parties as they know very well how to lie.

Those jobs are paid for with tax dollars.
That is welfare.
Why should I be forced to pay someone else's salary?
Those jobs are a net loss for the economy.
It is not fiscally responsible nor conservative to use tax dollars to keep people employed.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Endorra

I don't argue with members endorra I treat threads and post for their value of posting, I actually like what you have to post and I am enjoying what you have to say.

Then I have no idea what your last two posts are all about. Someone posted a lie. I called it for what it was. You argued about it. I pointed out the difference. You went off topic. I am confused.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join