It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney, Ryan vow not to cut military budget

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Romney, Ryan vow not to cut military budget

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan went to military country Saturday and promised those serving our country that if elected, they would not cut the military budget. "Now there’s only one place -- there’s only one place this president’s willing to cut, and not just a little. He wants to cut a trillion dollars out of our military budget," Romney told the crowd to boos. "Look, that’s bad for jobs and it’s bad for our national security. The world is not a safer place right now, not with Iran trying to become nuclear, dangers throughout the world. If I’m president and Paul Ryan’s vice president we will not cut our military budget."

This really comes as no surprise seeing how he's already talking about going to war with Iran. His many trips to Israel seems to be paying off. It's funny a man who ran to France to get out of going to Vietnam is so eager to keep feeding the military machine. America could cut spending in half and still be outspending most of the world combined. What a chickenhawk.
edit on 1-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I like how he relates it to jobs, rofl.

You know what's really bad for jobs? Outsourcing.

Romney is a joke.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I would find it funny if the idea wasn't quite so frightening.

I wonder how people could write his name down and not feel some kind of responsibility for any innocent people who will inevitably be affected by US forces occupying their country in the name of "freedom".

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He knows how much money him and his friends stand to make by banging the drum of war over his head like some sorta billionaire-gypsie belly dancing with a tambourine. Whilst maintaining at least I ain't "that" other guy spell upon the republican voters.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
But I thought he said Government doesn't create jobs!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like he has it in for Iran....

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Guess he never thought to check with the American people. Most are in favor of DoD cuts. And for someone who pretends to be such a hawk, somehow he forgot to mention the war in Afghanistan even once in his acceptance speech, nor did he express appreciation for the men and women STILL fighting there nor the 2000+ who have lost their lives.

This has NEVER happened in the TV era that a presidential nominee, much less a Republican nominee, COMPLETELY ignored the troops. The slight is spreading in active duty and veterans circles and he is being dragged over the coals for it (and deserves it).

Now we know EXACTLY how much he values the lives of the troops or respects their service. What he values is the money to be made there.

What an incredibly stupid omission, so unbelievably dumb it had to be intentional.
edit on 1-9-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yeah, let's privatize medicare, helping to kill a whole lot of seniors because they cannot afford their prescriptions/doctor visits before cutting military spending.

The Romney/Ryan clan is sick....neo-cons are sub-human scum.

edit on 1-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The Paul/Ryan war chest is filled with Bush neo-cons....the same crew that wanted to go to war with Iran

Everyone below is on Romneys OFFICIAL page

.www.mittromney.com...

Michael Chertoff (born November 28, 1953) was the second United States secretary of homeland security under President George W. Bush and co-author of the USA PATRIOT Act.

John F. Lehman, Jr. (born September 14, 1942) is an American investment banker and writer who served as Secretary of the Navy in the Reagan administration and in 2003–04 was a member of the 9/11 Commission.

Michael Vincent Hayden

He was Director of the National Security Agency (NSA) from 1999 to 2005. During his tenure as director, the longest in the history of the agency, he oversaw the controversial NSA surveillance of technological communications between persons in the United States and alleged foreign terrorist groups, which resulted in the NSA warrantless surveillance controversy.

On May 30, 2006 and again the following day at the CIA lobby with President George W. Bush in attendance, Hayden was sworn in as the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

Cofer Black

From 2005 until 2008, Black was Vice Chairman of Blackwater USA, a US-based private security firm which is the State Department's biggest security contractor. He had a 28-year career in the Directorate of Operations at the Central Intelligence Agency

Robert Kagan (born September 26, 1958 in Athens, Greece) is an American historian, author and foreign policy commentator at the Brookings Institution. He is a co-founder of the now-defunct neoconservative political organization Project for the New American Century

Meghan O'Sullivan With Stephen Hadley, she is also credited as being one of the original advocates in the White House of the "surge" strategy of 2007 [4]O'Sullivan was the point person in charge of the Afghan war for the White House.

Pierre-Richard Prosper (born 1963 in Denver, Colorado, USA) is an American lawyer, prosecutor and former government official. He served as the second United States Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2005

Mitchell Reiss He was also selected to be a White House Fellow and was assigned to the National Security Council, where he worked both for Brent Scowcroft and Colin Powell.

Daniel Samuel Senor, known as Dan Senor (born November 6, 1971), is a Fox News contributor. In the lead-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq and during the fighting, Senor was a Pentagon and White House advisor based in Doha, Qatar at U.S. Central Command Forward;

Jim Talent, In 2001, Talent worked for Washington lobbying firm, Arent Fox,[14] earning $230,000. During this time Talent was not allowed to directly lobby Congress, and he was not licensed to practice law in Washington, leading some Democratic opponents to accuse the lobbying firm of using his appointment as an illegal conduit to donate toward his upcoming Senate race

Vin Weber He is a member of the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) and was one of the signers of the PNAC Letter sent to US President Bill Clinton dated January 26, 1998, advocating "the removal of Saddam Hussein’s regime from power" along with Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and 29 other notable Republicans.[3]

Currently, Weber is managing partner of the Washington, D.C. branch of lobbying firm Clark & Weinstock. In 2006, Weber's firm received $360,297 from home mortgage giant Freddie Mac to lobby on their behalf.[3]

All these people are creepy neo-cons

Romney now running for Bush's 3rd Term Full Bush Neocon Team In Place
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
so they might win the rothschild/bilderberg votes.

smart!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow

They already did....lol

This is really nothing new, Romney has been saying he planned on raising military spending since the beginning of his campaign. He's just reassuring it now.

US Military Spending

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Just another reason to not vote for these guys. No money for education or healthcare, but never ending military spending makes absolutely no sense. Why is it that American citizens don't get a say in this situation? I bet if healthcare, education, and other programs were on a ballot along with war, war would come in last.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I wish more people in this Country would raise a Stink! concerning the money we blow on foreign aid...how much do we give to Egypt every year; $1.5 Billion!!! "Gooooood Grieeeeeef"......what kind of nonsense is that??? Why in God's name would we give back-stabbing Middle Eastern Countries anything at all when they cause so many problems for the rest of the World, to promote Democracy? what's the point? does it work? "No".

I am all for helping my fellow Man, but some of these Countries are not exactly filled with fellow "H-U-M-A-N" Beings. On top of that we give it to some of the richest Countries in the World! In essence I believe much of that money should be spent on Defense and Offensive Operations instead of spending it on Countries that will most likely pose a greater threat to the U.S. and Israel not to far down the road, personally I would give 10% of it to the Israeli Govt. for their Defensive purposes.

If Mitt Romney is elected President along with Paul Ryan, I can understand why they would vow not to cut the Military budget. You cannot spread Democracy in the Middle East to Countries that Primarily do not want it! When Arab's are not War-ing with invading enemies; they are War-ing amongst themselves! Pure and Simple. I would vote against cutting the budget, why? to continue offensive Operations in Countries that choose not to back off.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I thought he said Government doesn't create jobs!!!!!!!!!!!

Republicans have been telling us that for 4 years, someone had better tell Mitt! (and McCain who said the same thing basically in his speech).

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RomanOne
I wish more people in this Country would raise a Stink! concerning the money we blow on foreign aid...how much do we give to Egypt every year; $1.5 Billion!!! "Gooooood Grieeeeeef"......what kind of nonsense is that??? Why in God's name would we give back-stabbing Middle Eastern Countries anything at all when they cause so many problems for the rest of the World, to promote Democracy? what's the point? does it work? "No".

I am all for helping my fellow Man, but some of these Countries are not exactly filled with fellow "H-U-M-A-N" Beings. On top of that we give it to some of the richest Countries in the World! In essence I believe much of that money should be spent on Defense and Offensive Operations instead of spending it on Countries that will most likely pose a greater threat to the U.S. and Israel not to far down the road, personally I would give 10% of it to the Israeli Govt. for their Defensive purposes.

If Mitt Romney is elected President along with Paul Ryan, I can understand why they would vow not to cut the Military budget. You cannot spread Democracy in the Middle East to Countries that Primarily do not want it! When Arab's are not War-ing with invading enemies; they are War-ing amongst themselves! Pure and Simple. I would vote against cutting the budget, why? to continue offensive Operations in Countries that choose not to back off.

I wouldn't give Israel a dime. Do some research and you will find Israel is more of a threat to America than all the other middle eastern countries combined. Michael Scheuer was right when he said Israel isn't worth an American life or an American dollar.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

nice graph...you got to it first...we do not need to raise military spending.....if there was a large enough profit to be made off of poverty, we wouldn't have any

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
During that speech he said china taking our job's isn't fair. "Isn't fair" qoute. I have seen articles where he recounted visiting a chinese labor factory that bain was buying that forced labor! Romney sends jobs to china. Made me sick.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Of course they wont cut the INSANELY OUTRAGEOUS military budget. Republicans LOVE war and killing folks around the world.

They are so (allegedly) concerned with cutting the debt (yea right)
but their love for war and killing other people has them BLIND to the COST that is ASTRONOMICAL to say the least.

They need to reference sites like this one: costofwar.com sometime. But their love of war and killing other folks around the world is more important then the debt apparently. They'd rather kill other average citizens around the world with war, while CUTTING AND GUTTING programs, safeguards, and benefits for the average American citizen. Gee, the republicans SURE DO HATE the average citizens here and abroad obviously!!

If even 5% of the money that we spend on war with other countries and building and maintaining military bases around the world were spent solely on DEFENSE domestically in the U.S., we would be have a defense shield that even SUPERMANS God couldnt penetrate.

Republicans, LIKE USUAL are showing that they are BACKWARDS IRRATIONAL idiots.

edit on 2-9-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well it seems that people have short memories, Republicans has always side with big military, that creates jobs civilian jobs thanks Rumsfeld for the demilitarization of base during his time

Democrats like to create big budgets for bombshells that never work and let remember who was on the top of the beginning of the death of the American economy with outsourcing.

The only reason Clinton was so popular with the so call surplus was because he tapped into the SS fund.

And then Bush did and so go on and now we are what? facing SS bankruptcy.

At least I follow the corporate dictatorship doings and not so as for personal experience, big military means my husband gets to keep its job.

Obama is screwing middle class workers to finance his mammoth bombshell of deceptions call Obamacare that is why he is taking money from the military budget and cutting Medicare and Medicaid.

Wake up people America is suffering economically and that is in part to the same monkeys we elect in government to help keep America economy going.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
...desert spews coffee on computer ...
... now wait just a danged minute, Mr. Ryan! In January 2011 you were FOR military cuts ...

House Budget Chairman Ryan: Defense Cuts on the Table

oh, ok, I see...you were for defense cuts until you were against them.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Democrats like to create big budgets for bombshells that never work and let remember who was on the top of the beginning of the death of the American economy with outsourcing.

Reagan was at the top when the outsourcing began that destroyed our economy. Do you not remember the television ads of the 80s where groups were asking people to buy American and stop the outsourcing of jobs? A time when at least a few Americans still fought to save the middle class.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join