Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Stephen King's Message

page: 3
74
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So we should just punish them for being rich by taking away 99% of everything they own and giving them to the lazy people who don't want to work because they deserve more than the rich do. Okey dokey, that sounds good to me.

Which is why I believe in the flat tax, with no loop holes.



You seem to be forgetting many middle class's between rich and welfare cases. To retort on your remark there are also many rich elites who are lazy, some of the lazyest of them all. A specially those who are multiple generational and do not break their backs earning their wealth. The more common middle class citizen is the one who is being screwed over th worst.

You seem to have forgotten the blue collar laborer. Those who have spent their entire lives working only to come short on the poverty scale, there are a lot of factors involved also, like living beyond ones means, employment, and other things as well. I agree to a point on a fixed flat tax, with variables. If a corporation wants to outsource there production let them, but tax the hell out of them in the process. Other examples inhareance taxes, middle class people pay out the nose in inharetnance taxes, as well as a few more well off's, but the elites all get off the hook.

Only reason for this reply was to correct the way you worded that remark on "let's give it to all the lazy people who don't want to work", There are plenty of working people who deserve a larger break. To those who are lazy and want to live off the system, they better have a good reason for needing assistance, other than that they can either find a job or live in the streets because our welfare system in this country isn't going to last long at this rate.

SSI was originally intended for the widows and widows of war vets who were lost at war. It has now become a free ticket for illIgals and freeloaders, it has to stop. It's just one step in the road to our economic recovery.
Large corporations should be held accountable for everything they do. Bankers and banks also. That pretty much covers the elites.

Enough said, pardon the selling and grammar, I'm currently outside and logged in through iPhone.




posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
Old news...5 months old infact!


it may be old but I have never seen it or heard of it and I am glad to have the opportunity.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by EvilSadamClone
 

Some say the rich get richer, by making others work harder and then reaping the fruit of others sweat.
But that isn't borne out by fact ..is it?
Stephen King got rich by collecting money for words he put on paper, perhaps he should drive a bus for awhile or be a cleaner, see how his opinion may change then or not.

Stephen knows better than anyone that there can only be a certain number of horror writers, or else he wouldn't be earning enough to worry about tax.



Strange thing to say, hours at the keyboard wracking your brain is far harder then driving a bus! writing is a very very difficult job.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So we should just punish them for being rich by taking away 99% of everything they own and giving them to the lazy people who don't want to work because they deserve more than the rich do. Okey dokey, that sounds good to me.

Which is why I believe in the flat tax, with no loop holes.


(And I thought we were going to put an end to political trolling.)
So show me where it says any of that.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
great stuff from Stephen. i'm a big fan of his work. well said sir.




posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf
 


I think old news should be called olds as opposed news because it isnt new.



Old news...5 months old infact!



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Dr Expired
 


There are writers all over the place, some are successful and some arent. King is just a brilliant writer. I guess you were trying to make a point about over saturation or something? Thats not relevant to King's profession. Anywho King talked about several ways in which hes contributed to society and created jobs. This man is just a writer, that right there should tell you something about corporations that moan and complain, lol.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo
 


same could be said about obama bin laden "terrorist in chief" Both are the same....they are bought and paid for.
TPTB don't care who gets elected cause they own both. Open your eyes it is not the puppets we have to watch but the puppet masters. Everyone wants to get on their high horse about their canidate, when it does not matter.
The only reason they still go through the motions of an election is to give us the perception that our vote counts, and it gives us a sense of control in an uncontrollable situation.As long as we vote, we feel free. But how free are we?



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So how much did King donate to those causes he thinks need attention?

Instead of encouraging government to steal more money from hard working Americans and piss it away like they always do even when they say it will be used for all these problems, why doesn't he and some of his rich celeberty buddies who think like him start a fund or charitable foundation etc. to help all these people he seems so concerned about and anyone who thinks like him can contribute to it? Naw that makes to much sense these guys wanna bitch and moan and act like there is a difference between republocrats and demopublicans...

Yeah that's the ticket if government would just steal more money from the so called rich people we could solve all our problems... Sigh!




edit on 2-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
So how much did King donate to those causes he thinks need attention?

Instead of encouraging government to steal more money from hard working Americans and piss it away like they always do even when they say it will be used for all these problems, why doesn't he and some of his rich celeberty buddies who think like him start a fund or charitable foundation etc. to help all these people he seems so concerned about and anyone who thinks like him can contribute to it? Naw that makes to much sense these guys wanna bitch and moan and act like there is a difference between republocrats and demopublicans...

Yeah that's the ticket if government would just steal more money from the so called rich people we could solve all our problems... Sigh!




edit on 2-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)


Do you know how to click links and read? There has been links posted showing where King has been making donations. Because heaven forbid if the poor wealthy has to try and get by on a few hundred million a year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Has anyone noticed that the people who earned their wealth seems to have no problem paying taxes? The ones that are always whining about taxes are the ones who inherited their wealth the ones who didn't work for it. Unless you call waiting for mommy and daddy to die working.


yeah, really, how about Obama donates 50% of his income RIGHT now, do it, give it to a poor invidual, charity that works with the poor etc


And I think "earning" it in respect of Obama is stretching the definition of the term........



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by buster2010
Has anyone noticed that the people who earned their wealth seems to have no problem paying taxes? The ones that are always whining about taxes are the ones who inherited their wealth the ones who didn't work for it. Unless you call waiting for mommy and daddy to die working.


yeah, really, how about Obama donates 50% of his income RIGHT now, do it, give it to a poor individual, charity that works with the poor etc


And I think "earning" it in respect of Obama is stretching the definition of the term........


Obama didn't grow up wealthy. His family was on food stamps and he did earn his wealth. According to his tax returns Obama donated 240K to charity no one really knows how much Romney donated because he hasn't released his returns. The president makes 400K a year so he has given 50% of his income. So how does that foot in your mouth taste?
edit on 2-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


I read the links good for him he has donated a total of 82,000 dollars of his many millions according to the links. The military family thing was a nice gesture but unrelated to what he is complaining about. So why is he not getting his celebrity buddies in on the deal? Why does he think he needs to bring government force to bear to steal from others? Everyone knows government can't be trusted with tax/theft money they have run up over 70 trillion in debt on the federal level and every state city and town and America is bankrupt (whether they will admit it or not) due to mismanagement of money inflation and fiat currency.and he thinks the answer is for them to collect more stolen inflated funny money called taxes? Come people use your brains here...

edit on 2-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 




His family [Obama's] was on food stamps and he did earn his wealth.


Please tell us how he earned his wealth we are dying to know since no one can find any business he started or lottery winnings etc...



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010


Do you know how to click links and read? There has been links posted showing where King has been making donations. Because heaven forbid if the poor wealthy has to try and get by on a few hundred million a year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)


Hmmmm....

So less then 100k, and this man is now "one of us"?

Guys like him, and Michael Moore, who can care less, about people, but their own relevance, and those that report it.
Nancy Pelosi is worth Millions also, but I can guarantee shes not going to give half of her wealth away, Just like Stephen King wont give his Wealth away. Is Stephen King, opening his personal house to the poor? I have, and I don't have a pot to pee in.

People with extreme wealth, dont care for those who have nothing. Giving a few bucks away, is a feel good moment, for them. Seriously, its the truth, and I like Stephen King.

Edit to add: K, 4 million, out of how much??
edit on 2-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952
 


Indeed, Charles, Mr King appears to be one of those wealthy people who advocate Statism for the masses while he himself will be largely unaffected by it.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I love the way the people argue that the extreme wealthy among us must give away ALL their wealth to support their arguments.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
I love the way the people argue that the extreme wealthy among us must give away ALL their wealth to support their arguments.


Especially when its those with extreme wealth, making statements about wealth, when they could feed thousands daily, with their wealth. If I had wealth like that, I would be doing more with my money, then say hording it, and ranting about what OTHERS should do.MHO



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
so in essence;

1 Timothy 6:10
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil


and I guess Stephen King would know alot about the subject of evil, given his chosen subject of written word.

edit on 2-9-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by The Old American
 


stephen king donates 4million dollars a year.

www.guardian.co.uk...

that is volunteering plenty o' $$$.


edit on 2-9-2012 by mythos because: clarify


Read it again:


Bestselling novelist Stephen King, who gives away $4m (£2.5m) a year in charitable donations


He donates to charities. Big deal. He's crying about taxation, not donating to charities. Again, he's not going to give more to the government until they take it from him.

/TOA





new topics

top topics



 
74
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join