It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: The Old Earth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
To me this supports the giants theory - that giants could have lived on mars and earth in prehistory.

Mars has the second highest known mountain within the Solar System (the tallest on a planet) - the mighty Olympus Mons. Olympus Mons is the youngest of the large volcanoes on Mars, having formed during Mars’s Amazonian Period. It has a height of nearly 22 km (14 mi) by one measure and stands almost three times as tall as Mount Everest’s height above sea level.

Mars is the site of Valles Marineris, the greatest gorge on any planet in the Solar System.

So to have the biggest mountain, and the biggest gorge, means the inhabitants may have been big.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

It's cool to fantasize about but if we believe that we must believe Venus too is an old Earth. Overly condensed the atmosphere on one and lost the atmosphere on the other one. I think this time we got it lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I saw a documentary some years ago, can't recall which, that talked about sleep cycles. They had put people into isolation without any clue of outside light or a time keeping device. They then observed how people went about their "day" and when and how long they slept. The result was that people would naturally work on a cycle closer to 25 hours than 24 hours.

According to Wiki, which isn't a reliable reference I know, "86,164.098903691 seconds of mean solar time (UT1), or 23h 56m 4.098903691"

Mars is listed as, "The solar day (or sol) on Mars is only slightly longer than an Earth day: 24 hours, 39 minutes, and 35.244 seconds"

So does the difference mean we have some ties to martian life?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join