It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: The Old Earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
were our martian ancestors the hebrews, or what race?

and were they a male race or a female race?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

I don't see a tedy bear or any of that..please place a link to a pic not a link to a thread with tons of pages..

but on topic yeah mars def was and still is habitable to a certain extent.I like your idea and where this is going but..I'll read thread l8tr..

seriously though what teddy bear, its far fetched claims like that with horrible evidence which make me want to quit ats..but if you link a legit pic of a tedy bear on mars than i'll apologize and be amazed at your find..and than react like this

youtu.be...

(if someone can embed vid pls do for me or tell me how thanks)
edit on 2-9-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: tryd to embed link failed twice so just linked it

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
were our martian ancestors the hebrews, or what race?

and were they a male race or a female race?

Even Rob Zombie knows Mars Needs Women. So... Logically Mars must be almost entirely male, lesbian, female bi-sexual (my preferred theory) or some combination thereof.

They seem to prefer "angry, red women," for some reason. I'll devote a day or two to the study of this proclivity.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker
With all of pictures coming in from Curiosity, one must think that we lived on Mars at one point.

I mean cmon, we have a wire found:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A Teddy Bear!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So if in fact we did live on Mars at one point, something must have wiped out the entire planet. Kind of makes you think about whats going on here on Earth eh? Is some dark force trying to wipe us clean as well?

No dark forces,just us depleting our home planet(whether it be Mars or Earth!) of its precious resources and damn the consequences,perhaps we are a race of interplanetary locusts who leave a trail of barren pillaged planets in our wake,

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I have always found the idea of Mars being a companion to Earth intriguing.

I have read too many books on this subject, so I can't quote sources but I read a nice theory once that made sense..

There were to ancient and advanced civilizations... one on Earth and one on Mars... they were contemporaries and interacted. The civilizations used pyramids, space travel, math, sound, levitation... there was a planet beyond Mars that was on the verge of destruction...can't remember why...comet, war, vulcanism...

Anyway, the inhabitants of Mars were well aware and made plans to evacuate the planet... immigrated to Earth. The cataclysm came... the asteroid belt was all that was left, the Martian atmosphere was destroyed... the side facing the cataclysim is dotted with craters... it impacted Earth too and threw them back centuries... to the stone age. But the remnants and memories remained and became the stuff of mythology and legend...

Those that kept and passed down the advanced knowledge tried to rebuild their civilization...ie ancient Egypt and why pyramids dot the Earth and it's continents. Oddly enough, Egypt was symbolized by two Egypts... upper egypt and lower Egypt...the lower was symbolized by white... the upper was symbolized by red... can be seen in pharoah's crown or head piece.

Could the old Biblical stories and similar stories from around the world be the memories and oral traditions of this cataclysm? Noah's Ark the morphed memory of the Exodus from Mars? The plagues of Egypt the cataclysm from an Earth bound perspective?

I don't know... but it would explain a lot. Entertaining anyway...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
ya why not

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I've always thought we should focus on the old lake beds to look for fossilised fish or algae. If found, it could be undeniable proof that that plants and/or animals exist other planets. It would also give us a better idea of what Mars may have looked like aeons ago.

Satellite spots the remains of an ancient lake on Mars

Send a rover here and start digging!

edit on 2-9-2012 by Effected1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
We've already been there for years. Think not ? Anti-gravity propulsion was discovered and applied. Look up Thomas T. Brown.

There is no such thing as anti-gravity. We are still struggling to understand what gravity exactly is. Gravity seems to be a manifestation of an object warping spacetime. So the best you can get is 0 Gravity, anything interacting with spacetime raises that above zero.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I dont think Mars was our home .If our ancients had come frrom Mars , we would have lots and lots of technologically superior gadgets from the beginning .

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Effected1

Send a rover here and start digging!

Ok. But why dig when there are exposed strata?

Beginning in August 2012, the Mars Science Laboratory rover Curiosity will explore Gale crater by ascending the mound’s northwestern flank, providing unprecedented new detail on the evolution of environmental conditions and habitability over the many millions of years during which the mound strata accumulated.

wray.eas.gatech.edu...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

The dark force that wiped out Mars as Humanity's home planet (if that were true)
Would probably be the same dark force that could wipe out this (Earth) home planet............Humanity itself.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you can get past the annoying audio in this vid, it offers an interesting theory related to this thread.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I don't see much in the rocks of Mars there have however been clues that it was once inhabitable. I believe Mars may have been a moon of another larger Planet and that is a bit out there for me. But who knows perhaps we did live on Mars! But it will be a long time before we know.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Excuse me ... a Teddy Bear? an Antenna?

Maybe a shrink should try and read your thought processes here ... because there is absolutely none of that in those pictures. They're just a fiction of your own imagination ... a product of wishful thinking.

The idea that "Mars" was inhabitable, comes from old ideas that life is a result of the distance from the Sun. That it is the sun, that provides earth with the heat, and thus creates life ... the Sun is cooling, and has been colling, and this would mean with a hotter Sun, Mars would have been warmer in earlier times.

Of course, this isn't all quite so simple as it appears ...

Mars, as it appears, is just a dead rock in space. And trying to create discussions about "teddy bears", ain't going to change that fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ive always thought that this was a possibility. im gonna say humans originated on mars and some of them managed to fly away to earth on some spaceship before mars got whacked by an asteroid.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
all of these threads are terrible distractions. Seriously.

who actually believes those are wires and that is a teddy bear? only insane people.

lets come back to reality people!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
not really a distraction. any logical human would realize that any "wires or teddy bears" would have decayed long ago. and even if there are wires whats to say they didnt come from some piece of one of the many probes we have sent to mars

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

This has to be one of the worst videos i have ever seen.

The emerald tablets of thoth are made some super magical substance which cannot ever be destroyed or changed?
how does this guy know this? There is no evidence anywhere that these tablets ever even existed.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

umm yea i would say threads like these are distractions from real issues.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You know I was thinking "mission to mars"....where they come down and find that a survivor had been living there through the use of his hydroponics lab, I would think thats a start, send a manned mission there along with equipment to start up a greenhouse, of course location is key...once there they can begin to dig underground an set up a biosphere down there, would have your objectives an food to eat an of course exploration.
What was that machine hoagland had I think for the mars project that could pump the atmosphere an use it for our benefits?, have a couple of those.
This project would have to come from the private sector in my opinion, achieve the impossible and set up base for future missions and in return reap all kinds of data on mars. I mean mars should have some kind of metal ore right? we do a great job heating up an atmosphere, why not there? it would be a real challenge an if I had a couple of million dollars I totally would donate all that for a chance to risk a trip to mars an stay there. Contrary to what people think, I do fine in small confined spaces for long periods of time, as long as I get access to information from earth and even then load up a nook an start reading, ill be too busy digging anyways.
With that being said, that would put to rest all the images we see and think we see, set something up to where users can vote to check out a spot an investigate. Now that would be something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join