It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: The Old Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
With all of pictures coming in from Curiosity, one must think that we lived on Mars at one point.

I mean cmon, we have a wire found:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A Teddy Bear!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So if in fact we did live on Mars at one point, something must have wiped out the entire planet. Kind of makes you think about whats going on here on Earth eh? Is some dark force trying to wipe us clean as well?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

You should look through some of the old threads on this theory. They're interesting to read. Seems like there was one not that long ago too, but I can't think of the name of it.

It's an interesting thought to entertain. But I doubt we'll ever know even if it were true.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
as likely as mars once being earth-like i can't imagine the people who left mars taking that story to their graves, why would they?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

Maybe they never had a chance to.....something terrible, quick an swift must of happened, then again you never know what might still be underground, the only real way of finding out would be an actual manned mission.
I love being in closed in places for long periods of time, just give me a couple of good RPG's, RTS's and somthing to eat an drink an I'll be fine on mars! lol I really will!! I guess its the mentality.
But a manned mission would be successful in the long run as more an more people continue to add to the roster on mars, there would be plenty to do, alot of digging and Voila!! dig up an old record of some sort that explains what went down and what to prepare for. Now that would be an academy award winning ending.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
We've already been there for years. Think not ? Anti-gravity propulsion was discovered and applied. Look up Thomas T. Brown.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I must lack imagination, I really dont see the things on Mars that others are seeing...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I know a bit about Thomas T. brown, I use to have some thought provoking conversations online with is daughter for a bit on the old history channel forums in the UFO section an even on there own website.
Though with all the information I gained from there, I haven't seen anything that showed we've been there utilizing anti-gravity, tho I don't dispute the use of such tech on this subject.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
I must lack imagination, I really dont see the things on Mars that others are seeing...

I'm not sure its imagination, as much as knowledge. The first link shows an object that does not seem to be a natural formation. Although it could be, from this perspective, it certainly doesn't look like it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

Do you think it might have had something to do with the loss of most of the atmosphere and surface water on Mars?

There is this fun idea Mars nuclear explosions

it is interesting how barren the planet appears on it's surface; complex and abundant life does require fairly special circumstances. If there truly never was an ecosystem established there how special Earth must be. As for a human or any civilization on mars there really much if any supporting evidence for that.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
maybe it wasn't us, maybe when mars died we then became the next dominant species in our solar system.
a whole planet much like our own with an entirely different population of all kinds of mammals.
im sure when we colonize mars we'll be frequently surpised.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
your probably right

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Take a look at this proposed timeline for Mars.

Take notice of the ending of the magnetic field after an alleged collision with some large foreign body.

www.nature.com...
edit on 1-9-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if our in our long hidden human history that ancient man was at war with beings from mars an we won, then of course we lost our history on that, then BANG we pop up on mars to find that we were the very beings who over saw its destruction....sounds like a great book and or movie,,,,,

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It is actually reasonable to assume that Mars was Earth-like, maybe millions/billions of years ago.
It also reasonable to assume that there once was life (or maybe still is)...and EVEN to speculate that life here on Earth might have actually originated from Mars.

Those are things real scientists do actually take into consideration. This is why we went to Mars, checking sediment layers (at Mt. Sharp) where we can literally view the history of Mars laid out in front of us and see what as going on there in the past.

HOWEVER, looking at images of rocks where some rocks might "look like a face", "wire" etc.etc. is NOT scientific at all - it's total bunk/pseudo-science.

It would be much more interesting to speculate WHAT (and if anything) would be left if, say, there was a civilization many millions of years back..but it's likely that any trace would be entirely gone. Look here on Earth, what do you see from a hypothetical civilization MILLIONS of years back? NOTHING in the slightest.

Do you seriously think that we send a lander up there, and by incredible coincidence we find million year old artifacts right below the rover's wheels? No chance in hell.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
It is actually reasonable to assume that Mars was Earth-like, maybe millions/billions of years ago.
It also reasonable to assume that there once was life (or maybe still is)...and EVEN to speculate that life here on Earth might have actually originated from Mars.

Those are things real scientists do actually take into consideration. This is why we went to Mars, checking sediment layers (at Mt. Sharp) where we can literally view the history of Mars laid out in front of us and see what as going on there in the past.

HOWEVER, looking at images of rocks where some rocks might "look like a face", "wire" etc.etc. is NOT scientific at all - it's total bunk/pseudo-science.

It would be much more interesting to speculate WHAT (and if anything) would be left if, say, there was a civilization many millions of years back..but it's likely that any trace would be entirely gone. Look here on Earth, what do you see from a hypothetical civilization MILLIONS of years back? NOTHING in the slightest.

Do you seriously think that we send a lander up there, and by incredible coincidence we find million year old artifacts right below the rover's wheels? No chance in hell.

For one, the Earth, at least from what I know, and that may not be very much; was not destroyed by some cataclysmic event leaving only a rock with no water. But again, you are not seeing the point. Mars could have been an advanced society and had technology, and something wiped them out.

Obviously all we found on Earth were bones from the ice age, the dinosaurs, etc. But scientists today are finding ancient tools. So who knows whats in store as they continue the search.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
can't really comment on the subject matter as I have very little knowledge concerning it, however I have to say DRAGON BALL Z WOOO!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

wow man, pretty much read my mind on that idea.
we get a signal from mars and some time after we go there, after about 10 years of learning each others languages and cultures we all then decide to kill each other for greed. a whole new planet on which to breed and screw things up. we then kill most of each others population, earth recovers from its great damages and life goes on again, mars unfortunatly does not survive and they all die off. few escape mars and today we call them dolphins.......maybe
knowing us it does sound very possible that we screwed up very big long ago, i think an awesome movie.
i'll probably find the story somewhere in some obscure sci-fi book i havent ready yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
That "wire"is obviously a hair on the lens of the camera belonging to a space-yeti .

There is no doubt humans are descendants of the space-yeti

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Very good thread. Mars has a lot of mysteries. It was a lush planet with many inhabitants.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It would be great if their was once a civilization on Mars. I'd love to be apart of that crew discovering it.

This thread reminds me of the young Russian Boy who claimed he was reincarnated from Mars. He said the Mar's people breathed CO2 and loved to be around our factories and they often visited Lemuria. He also said that greys were evil and the Martians looked like us, but taller.
These threads made my imagination run wild.

ATS Mars boy thread 2008

ATS thread Mars Indigo boy, also 2008

ATS thread Boriska, 2009

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join