It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Banner! !?! <--- EXPLAIN THYSELVES...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Are wiccan ads ok?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Are wiccan ads ok?

Are they OK with you?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

All this outrage over a banner...I wonder how some of you make it through a day.

Kiss my ass.

Interesting way to make it through the day...

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There is a way to formally complain about ads. Use this thread.

No conspiracy... just ad servers doing what ad servers do... Satan has not taken over ATS nor the world. It's safe.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It's quite simple, obviously you don't get it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

On a different note now.. ATS has no control over the ads on the site.. I have seen threads like this countless times, A mod always eventually responds saying, It has something to do with the third parties..
edit on 1-9-2012 by TechVampyre because: gramma

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

All this outrage over a banner...I wonder how some of you make it through a day.

Kiss my ass.

You sure you want to promote to ATS the fact you would like some ass play?

(but it is funny how you are upset about a Satanic ad, but then you use that kind of response - see this is fun)

edit on 1-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I see the owner hasn't bothered to explain didilly squat.

Nothing to explain. It's an ad.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
God, I hate that *snip* goat.

mod edit: please don't circumvent profanity censors.
edit on 9/1/2012 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The admin and owners aren't deaf to your concerns. Proper way to bring attention is through the following thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/1/2012 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I find myself far more offended by your ignorant, close minded one line posts than I do this ad. Perhaps you should realize that this isn't a site that cowers to only one theology, & doesn't believe an image is anymore inherently evil that the close minded beliefs of an individual..

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Since so many seem to have trouble understanding, I will explain it for you.

Everyone doesn't have the same priorities in life as you do, we all do and like differing subjects. One of the only things in the world that 90% of the population will agree on is that satanic imagery, is a no no, in almost all settings, at almost all times.

I am not even religious, so it isn't some crazy( IMHO) religious thing, it is the fact that I left my phone on the table, went to the bathroom, and my 8 year old daughter was waiting on me at the door with my phone, asking me what "this" is( pointing to the ad).

This was yesterday, and I was just gonna let it go, until I saw this thread, and decided to voice my personal displeasure, at having this imagery on my phone.

I allow my children to attend church if they choose to, as I believe it is a personal choice, that is made on the individual basis, I can't very well hold the beliefs I do ( I believe in a higher power, but not GOD, as if he was real, he would have had the foresight to make the world a better place than it is) and force my children to believe as I do. They are free to explore. Religion, and many other subjects of their choosing I don't like, as my personal beliefs should not be forced on them, they are free to choose their own paths.

Having said all that, my daughter knows what satanic imagery is, and was quite displeased about me having it on my phone. So I had to explain that I didn't intend for it to be there, and I have no control over it, she told me I have a choice about being on this site that has it though. Admitting defeat, I agreed with her and. Assured her it was an accident, and wouldn't be a problem much longer, one way or another.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I loved the ad,actually. It represents all those using the "beast" daily. The Internet is the Devils own bible, and your IP number, is the mark of the beast. How hypocritical, can some be, if they have fallen into the devils own backyard, willingly.........

Hows that for a Conspiracy.

For those who have a problem with the ad?

Lighten up a bit.

Just an ad.
edit on 1-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow, you get satan?

Nice. All I get are offers to meet local underaged Pakistani girls.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Apocalypse
Truth
Sept

Slayer !
You are gonna start something and scare people with that.
Haha !

And other posters, with all respect to your beliefs,
I'm sure your faith and soul are safe and strong
because of your obvious convictions.
Don't let an image scare you. Your stronger than that.
edit on 1-9-2012 by sealing because: add

Perhaps we don't want to view it, isn't that our right to object and change things?

Yes yes.
Absolutely. You have every right to bring attention
to what's offensive to you. Like I said, No disrespect intended.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What in the hell? I havent seen that guy in any of my banners? Not even when i'm not using a popup blocker. Yea thats not cool, no no no.
edit on 1-9-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I will not even inquire as to your website searches! lol

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

It's called conditioning! Some of us don't like it!!!!!!! If ATS has filters it can use, then use them. If ATS doesn't, maybe they can help improve the system. Also, it appears that Amazon is the advertiser so maybe they should be alerted to the offensive banner.

So, here's the link for contacting Amazon:

www.amazon.com...=hp_ss_comp_cu?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508088

You don't need an account, just go down the page a bit where it explains to "skip" sign in. Then go to other non order questions and you can email them.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

I would have to say, that was a very fast response time, the ad has not been up once on my phone since i first responded to this thread, on the phone, or the lap top now either.

Thank you ATS, for your commitment to excellence, I really appreciate your prompt response.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Any further relevant comments should be posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join