It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP Conspiracy – Hidden in Plain Site

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

aren't libertarians anti war?

There's like 20 shades libertarianism in peoples heads. The Ron Paul type is in the philosophical sense, not just governmental and is founded on voluntarism....which says you have the right of self defense.

en.wikipedia.org...

Founding Fathers were these great anti-establishment revolutionaries

Some were some weren't.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Well you should, because the first 100 years of our country and the beginning of your party is rooted in "Libertarian propaganda".

No it wasn't. America was founded on all things anti-libertarian.

Involuntary military service, taxes, and slavery.

The Whiskey Rebellion, or Whiskey Insurrection, was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791, during the presidency of George Washington. Farmers who sold their grain in the form of whiskey had to pay a new tax which they strongly resented. The tax was a part of treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton's program to pay off the national debt.

en.wikipedia.org...

You're the one that's bought into the liber propaganda.

edit on 2-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

I'm with you, I can't imagine any Ron Paul supporters voting for obama. That makes ZERO sense. I can see writing in Ron Paul, but there are enough states that don't allow write-in candidates that a vote for Gary Johnson would be more effective.

OK, here are some examples of Paulites jumping to Obama. I could find more but I think this is enough to back up my claim.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by RSF77

Well you should, because the first 100 years of our country and the beginning of your party is rooted in "Libertarian propaganda".

No it wasn't. America was founded on all things anti-libertarian.

Involuntary military service, taxes, and slavery.

The Whiskey Rebellion, or Whiskey Insurrection, was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791, during the presidency of George Washington. Farmers who sold their grain in the form of whiskey had to pay a new tax which they strongly resented. The tax was a part of treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton's program to pay off the national debt.

en.wikipedia.org...

You're the one that's bought into the liber propaganda.

Ah no there was not much slavery in the 13 colonies and what there was was part of English culture and mostly in the southern colonies. It cerainly was not a founding principle just a hold over from English culture. As for the others such as the Whisky Rebellion they were anomalies in a highly libertarian society no one said it was perfect. The founding documents like the DOI AOC Constitution and bill of rights are highly libertarian (again not perfect) more importantly the society itself was highly libertarian very little if any government intrusion. As for forced military service please provide hard evidence. There are a few anomalies during the Revolution but for the most part it was all volunteer.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I'm with you, I can't imagine any Ron Paul supporters voting for obama. That makes ZERO sense. I can see writing in Ron Paul, but there are enough states that don't allow write-in candidates that a vote for Gary Johnson would be more effective.

OK, here are some examples of Paulites jumping to Obama. I could find more but I think this is enough to back up my claim.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Good examples, my favorite is this one;

"Obama would then be the only rational choice"

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to say you were incorrect. But, how anyone who supported Ron Paul could make a statement like the one above is beyond me, it makes ZERO sense.

This response to that statement does make sense though;

"I would rather write in Donald Duck than vote for Obama. And it's because he could do a better job and is just as fictional".

I hear they have divided voting into two days this year to avoid any confrontations. Voting for candidates other than obama will be on Nov 6th. Voting for obama will take place on Nov 7th followed by a free buffet and white house recipe "herbal brownies", be sure to spread the word.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Good examples, my favorite is this one;

"Obama would then be the only rational choice"

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to say you were incorrect. But, how anyone who supported Ron Paul could make a statement like the one above is beyond me, it makes ZERO sense.

It makes zero sense to me as well. Why every Paulite doesn’t split to either Johnson or Romney is weird. It really makes me question some of the support Paul had. Maybe much of it was sabotage by the left to screw up the primary; these guys would vote for RP in the primary to hurt the other candidates and then vote for Obama in the general election. Now that the primary is over they are going back home to the left.

I hear they have divided voting into two days this year to avoid any confrontations. Voting for candidates other than obama will be on Nov 6th. Voting for obama will take place on Nov 7th followed by a free buffet and white house recipe "herbal brownies", be sure to spread the word.

Well there is our answer as to why so many are going to the left!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I am a proud member of the GOP. Full Fledged establishment, what you would call a RINO.

Are you proud of the GOP trying to steal this election by keeping challengers off the ballot?

Please justify your party going after Gary Johnson in an obvious attempt to steal this election. Don't you believe in the freedom of other people to challenge the establishment in open elections?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I am a tea party conservative that fully supported RP because of what he stands for. The way we have been treated by the likes of this clown and his distortions, lies, inuendo, cheating, disrespect, taunting, etc.. has sworn me off and away from EVER, EVER, EVER calling myself a republican, EVER, EVER, EVER, AGAIN.
Mcaian was enough to do it in 08 but RP and the real hope he gave brought me back in. But alas, it's clowns like this guy and his taunts from within that has lead me to a strong decision.......
I will happily vote for a Marxist like Obama before I would EVER, EVER, EVER vote as a Republican again. I easily fear what Romney would do to this country, the fascist that he is, thatn what Obama the puppet can do. I most likely will vote gary Johnson but if I feel it's a wasted vote I just might vote Obama out of spite just to keep jjr2d2 and Romney from turning this country into a fascist police state along with their lying, cheating chicken hawk unprincipled behavior that reaks of elitist demaguogery. I never thought I could feel this way my entire life but after jjr2d2 taunts and lies about RP and supporters (read the guys blog on his sign off for the most repulsive misrepresentation ever of anyone in all of ats) and Romneys corruption, threats, cheating and flip flopping to sell the bs they spew I would vote Obama out of spite alone.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

I most likely will vote gary Johnson but if I feel it's a wasted vote I just might vote Obama out of spite just to keep jjr2d2 and Romney from turning this country into a fascist police state along with their lying, cheating chicken hawk unprincipled behavior that reaks of elitist demaguogery.

Are you describing Romney or Obama?

I think you’re going to get even MORE of what you described voting for Obama! Was it Romney that signed NDAA and the Patriot Act?? Oh wait….NOPE…that was Obama!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Nope, that was the republicans.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Nope….that was Obama, not Romney.

JIM ABRAMS, Associated Press

WASHINGTON — Minutes before a midnight deadline, President Barack Obama signed into law a four-year extension of post-Sept. 11 powers to search records and conduct roving wiretaps in pursuit of terrorists.
"It's an important tool for us to continue dealing with an ongoing terrorist threat," Obama said Friday after a meeting with French President Nicolas Sarkozy
Obama Signs Patriot Act

“The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it,” the president said in a statement. “I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation and prosecution of suspected terrorists.”

Worse, the NDAA authorizes the military to detain even US citizens under the broad new anti-terrorism provisions provided in the bill, once again without trial.
Obama Signs NDAA

Do you even know who you’re voting for?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by RSF77

Yeah. I'm sorry I haven't read any libertarian propaganda....

Well maybe you should try it...you might like it! I was a Republican for years but after Dubya and then the McCain/Palin fail...I became a Libertarian...

Humor me and read this. It is the Libertarian 2012 platform. It's not overly long. it might surprise you as to what real Libertarians actually stand for...not the "Ayn Rand" nutjobs, but true, freedom loving, fiscally conservative people.

The Libertarian 2012 Platform

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I thought it was GWB that signed the patriot act into law??????
What did I miss? That the two parties are the same.
One with a demorat congress and the other with a reugnant congress...what did I miss? The party bandwagon?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Upset you.. but you'll bend over and take it. You're still voting for Republicans, still supporting Romney..

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

The patriot Act was about to expire. The House, the Senate AND Obama voted to extend it. This is where Obama showed...to me...he was just another sock puppet for TPTB. THEN...he signed HR347 and NDAA...Romney will not overturn any of these...there is profit to be made in selling weapons to the DHS and the TSA for private corporations getting paid in tax payer revenue....i.e...the military industrial complex.

There is also profit in the prison industrial complex for private corporations as well...now they have the means to bleed off more taxpayer money and make anyone that threatens their establishment disappear into that privately operated prison system indefinitely. (Courtesy of NDAA and HR347)
edit on 2-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I believe that this will cost the republicans the presidential election, and rightly so! The republicans harp on about the freedom of speech, yet i have never seen more of a stalin'ist approach and attack on free speech in my life than having watched this play out. What the world needs is TRUE LIBERTY! let the people have their say! let the people REALLY CHOOSE who they want to lead their nation, no matter what country you live in!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I am actually somewhat surprised at the amount of people who don't seem to truly understand what libertarianism really is. There are ways of looking up information. There are plenty of sources that describe the libertarian platform and issues. In fact, Jeremiah65 linked a good one above: www.lp.org/
On top of that, I notice a lot of gross errors on the part of our founding father's history and what we are founded on.

Then again, I sometimes wonder if it's just trolls on duty.

In regards to the OP, I myself do not understand why any Paul supporter would turn around and decide to vote for Obama. I have not heard any other Paul supporter say this to me, but then again, I don't know very many aside from myself and my husband. I'm actually considering voting for Gary Johnson. I just can't see the logic in voting for the lesser of two "evils", no matter the odds against the third. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Besides, the two party system is just two sides of the same coin. Do our votes even count? I don't believe it. There are always strings being pulled from behind the curtains.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

A little bit libertarian is like a little bit pregnant.. Either you are or you are not. I'm sorry the Tea Party wants to re-write history but America was never ever libertarian.

Ah no there was not much slavery in the 13 colonies

Yeah there was......

edit on 4-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherry0

I am actually somewhat surprised at the amount of people who don't seem to truly understand what libertarianism really is

A lot of people seem to think that Libertarianism means conservatism.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

It makes me wonder if they are just Democrats who posed to be Paul supporters.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. This rush to Obama after RP was failing was what really turned me off from voting RP. I could never pin down some of the supporters and I always thought this was some type of democrat scheme to derail other candidates.

We’ll never know…

I've been rejecting the left-right paradigm since 2007. I'm an ex-Obama supporter in '08, and I supported Ron Paul this year. If Paul had gotten the nomination, I would have voted Republican, no doubt. I'm not voting for Robamney in either of their incarnations, but my boyfriend would kick me out if I voted for Gary Johnson, so I'm just not voting this year for practical life-related purposes. I don't think it was a Democrat plot to undermine the GOP. I just think that there are a fair lot of Dems who gave up on the party and found Ron Paul to be a suitable candidate.

That's my experience, anyway, I'm sure that the eventual voting decision will play out differently for a lot of disenfranchised liberals and apoliticals like myself, but I do not think that it was a ploy to harm the GOP in any way.

I might also mention that I am sad to see all reason leave the GOP this year, and extremely disappointed and angry that they would disenfranchise so many of their own constituents. My heart goes out to conservatives this year, you guys got really screwed over. I doubt I am as furious as I would be in your shoes exactly, but I am angry along with you at what happened at the RNC. They pulled some BS to be sure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join