It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nuclear reactor reaches 'full capacity'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Iran's sole operational nuclear power reactor has reached full capacity, a senior official has said. Mohammad Ahmadian, Iran's deputy nuclear chief, said on Saturday that the reactor at the Bushehr power plant was brought to its "full capacity of 1,000 megawatts" on Friday evening. The Islamic Republic built the nuclear power plant in the southern Iranian port city with Russian help. The reactor went into operation for the first time last year at minimum capacity. Russia's state nuclear corporation Rosatom also said on Friday that the Bushehr plant was fully operational.

www.aljazeera.com...

Wow! I thought this is exactly what Israel did not want to happen. Is this the straw that will break the camels back. The article says this has been in the works since 1974. Apparently this plant is srtrictly for energy purposes, but the US believes otherwise. Well Israel, its your move.......

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

The US thinks otherwise? Well, more precisely, some US politicians think otherwise and of course Israeli politicians demonize Iran's nuclear program but both Israeli and American intelligence agencies all report Iran has no nuke, isn't building a nuke, and doesn't plan on building a nuke.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If anything, this limits Israel's options and doors are closing, not opening. The main reactor complex this is all about is at Bushehr. That is literally on the water at the Persian Gulf. Now I appreciate the laughs some sick people may get about fall out blowing East and back into Iran from their own plant ruins, but destroying a fully operating Nuclear Reactor facility would be kinda like Fukushima, deliberately.....and the Persian Gulf isn't the Pacific Ocean for being able to absorb a great deal of it and disperse harmlessly over time. (At least..most of it...even Fuku went over those limits, IMO).

Then there are multiple research reactors at Isfahan. 600 kilometers away........BTW. Clever, how Iran has used it's sheer vast distances to complicate things in major ways...

Either way though...blowing a running reactor around populations would be evil to the point of what I'd call an outright war crime on the spot if something hasn't been planned to immediately contain and prevent ANY release of radiation into the atmosphere. There is no "acceptable risk" for a running nuclear reactor. Ever. This is something we should all agree on, war or no war, into the future and just as Humanity in general.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I say good on the Iranians, they stuck to their guns and built their reactor.

However

They are going face a #ful of hassle over this.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well done Iran

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well Israel, its your move.......

Pentagons 30-000 pound bunker buster superbomb ready for use

This should do the trick
rt.com...

The biggest conventional bomb ever developed is ready to wreak destruction upon the enemies of the US. Air Force

Could Isreal borrow one or two of these

Cran

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

If I am not mistaken the US sold like 8 bunker busters to Israel last year. They are already armed to the teeth I am sure. Yes, that would do the trick however

ETA: Here it is:www.thedailybeast.com...

n an exclusive story to be published Monday on growing military cooperation between the two allies, U.S. and Israeli officials tell Newsweek that the GBU-28 Hard Target Penetrators—potentially useful in any future military strike against Iranian nuclear sites—were delivered to Israel in 2009, just several months after Obama took office.

edit on 1-9-2012 by thesmokingman because: add stuff

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Lets be honest, Israel has every weapon made available to them, even weapons we don't know officially exist yet. Israel's Gov't has been hard at work devising plans to attack Iran and those plans definitely include weapons given to them by the USA or funded by the USA.

I can't stand politics.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The nuclear program of Iran was launched in the 1950s with the help of the United States as part of the Atoms for Peace program...

Was not a big deal back then...

The Shah approved plans to construct, with U.S. help, up to 23 nuclear power stations by 2000. In March 1974, the Shah envisioned a time when the world's oil supply would run out, and declared, "Petroleum is a noble material, much too valuable to burn ...

Of course they were friends...so its ok

Iran had deep pockets and close ties to the West. U.S. and European companies scrambled to do business in Iran

Ahhh, friends WITH money...YES you can have those 23 nuclear plants my dear friend...

I understand the Iran regime change and the danger Iran may represent today but i also have the feeling of how a bunch of hypocrites they are...

LINK

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I agree 100% with you. I believe Israel is a US run middle east hall monitor for the middle east.
edit on 1-9-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Lets be honest, Israel has every weapon made available to them, even weapons we don't know officially exist yet. Israel's Gov't has been hard at work devising plans to attack Iran and those plans definitely include weapons given to them by the USA or funded by the USA.

I can't stand politics.

A pack of wild religious fanatics running toward your family BBQ swinging spiked, steel ball maces is not a political event. The instant Iran has the nuke with a delivery means they MUST use it to purge the world with fire so their Mahadi can come out of the well and put the sword to the world of unbelievers. I wish it was only about politics.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I blame religion and politics, which the Middle East is ripe with.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
The instant Iran has the nuke with a delivery means they MUST use it to purge the world with fire so their Mahadi can come out of the well and put the sword to the world of unbelievers. I wish it was only about politics.
Do you even have any idea what 1 nuke could do.

You would need a few nukes to destroy 1 US city.

Just how big would 1 bomb need to be to Purge the World with Fire.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

Funny how we've built so many up Only to knock them down later over the years, eh!?

I truly love this nation and the people that ultimately comprise such, but our Gov't ... Not so much. :shk:

For the owners, By the owners ... has long since been a near transparent [and accepted] overlay to the original premise and ideals set forth by our forefathers.

... and, yet, We The People allow it all to continue.
:

Hey ... IKE warned us ... over 50 years ago ... 's too bad folks apparently didn't and haven't paid much close attention to the same since and throughout ... focused more on their 6 o'clock SnewZe and what's up next on the St00pid Tube, instead.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Could be why Iran told it's citizens to stay indoors for the next 2 weeks. They could be expecting Israel to do something. Guess we will find out soon enough after the smoke clears and the fallout is over.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Not sure if this goes here can anyone tell me if its accurate or not?

IRAN'S SECRET NUCLEAR-BOMB PLANT REVEALED Source says project hidden underneath 'medicine' facility

Iranian scientists are nearing completion of a nuclear warhead, having already successfully tested an implosion system and neutron detonator at a secret site while enriching uranium to weapons grade, according to a former Iranian intelligence officer.

Source

top topics

join