It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artist paints pictures using Shadows and Light!

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Disclaimer: Although I posted this in the Members art forum this is not my artwork. I stumbled across this work on the net and my jaw dropped! The sheer creativity and kookiness of it all blew my mind.. hope you enjoy.

Artist Rashad Alakbarov from Azerbaijan uses suspended translucent objects and other found materials to create light and shadow paintings on walls. The best part is that you can easily create something similar at home – all you need is one or two lamps and some items from your desk.

Here is my favourite one..

There are a few more here hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Very cool stuff, and such a creative idea.

Would be a great technique to create an interesting mural on a home or office wall.

Doubt I could ever get near this guys skill level, but it has me wanting to play around a bit with light and objects to make shadows with.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Cool idea, but what is the final product? A photograph of the setup on a canvass or something? An Interesting idea, but to get anything really good must take an insane amount of effort. I gotta admit at fist I was kinda like hmm yea it's alright, not bad, hen the last one blew me away, totally awesome, the colours are really beautiful, great work and the uniquness of the idea is great too.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wow! I like the two sitting shadow people best.

So much work must have gone into it. It seems like nothing in particular, until we position the light in the right place and get two little people.

Not everything is quite as it first seems.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

S&F

That first image is a total spin out. Looks like a whole heap of garbage thrown on the floor, and look at the result !

Maybe there is a metaphor in here to ponder. We project ourselves what is on the inside out in to the phsyical !

Very cool.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
No way! I´m amazed by the last picture. Just stunning. How much patience do you need for that kind of masterpiece?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Just when you think you've seen it all someone comes along with something completely original. Bravo! Bloody brilliant imo.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this unique and inspired work to our attention.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Wow just wow!

Never seen anything like it!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

So much work must have gone into it.

I was thinking the exact opposite .... VERY little work for an awesome outcome ... I did one of these on my desk right now just to see how much it would take, and i've got a little scene of buildings going on already in just a few minutes ...

A very simple idea that we all should have come up with first, but didn't .... hahaha

He's got the right idea for sure ... smallest amount of work with the biggest reward ...

I like the sitting people best ...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I just remembered this pastime from my childhood

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

These are fantastic. It takes an incredible stretch of the mind to be able to set all of that up...problem is, how do you create a gallery? Pictures aren't the same as walking by and personally experiencing the magic of light-and-shadow art...

How to go all over the world with this? Or is this just a hobby, and not a career?
edit on 2-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm sure almost all artists start there work off as a hobby. As for transporting this around I'm sure you could do it! You'd need to get some form of measurement for all the variables in your piece and then reassemble it all exactly the same way. Then you'd just recreate the same kind of lighting and background, wouldn't be impossible.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wow! That is quite awe inspiring, the beauty of the human mind never cease to amaze.

This really made me happy - thank you for posting this

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I just remembered this pastime from my childhood

Oh I'd completely forgot about these. I don't think I'm quite dextrous enough to do them these days, would make for some great physiotherapy exercises for the fingers and hands - might have to adopt them into my weekly training routine

edit on 2/9/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Wow! I like the two sitting shadow people best.

So much work must have gone into it. It seems like nothing in particular, until we position the light in the right place and get two little people.

Not everything is quite as it first seems.

Yeah I really liked that one too...

Which is why I was dismayed to read the following comment below the article:

"The last image is by Tim Noble and Sue Webster. Just google them to see how much this guy is ripping them off, and badly…"

Haven't researched it yet myself, but... There it is. Do with it what you will.

top topics

join