The Heart Of The Witch

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is a seven minute you-tube video about what it means to be a witch and why some people want to be a witch. The music is The Mystic's Dream by Loreena McKennitt.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Did this really require its own thread?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
This is a seven minute you-tube video about what it means to be a witch and why some people want to be a witch. The music is The Mystic's Dream by Loreena McKennitt.

Good imagery and good music, but I never thought a message could be so vague while trying to be so deep all at the same time.

I can all but guarantee you that people who TRY to be a witch are going to do just that. Try.

I can also guarantee you that everything you saw and read in that video is not the way that people like that see themselves. They're not self serving and high on themselves. They don't put themselves on a pedestal. They don't see themselves in the same light that you might. ( I don't really know how you see them because you didn't give any commentary of your own.)

They're mainly just down to earth people like you and I who happen to have been born with an acute sense of awareness. One could say that their adaptability skills are fairly high. They can see things in certain people that others can't and that in turn helps them accomplish things, regarding certain people, that others can't. All of this imagery about pentagrams, candles, circles of salt and dancing naked in the moonlight in the woods around a fire is all just that. Imagery.

People don't have to "cast spells" to get things accomplished. If you feel that you do have to cast spells then you simply don't have that power inside you to get accomplished what you want, on your own accord. So if you don't have that power.....quit trying. Quit wanting to be something you're not. And if you do have that power but still feel the need to go through the rituals.....go for it. I suppose it's not hurting anything.

Accept who you are by acknowledging, and living with the love and the fear (from the video) that makes you who you are, and you might be surprised by what you can accomplish for yourself and others. I've known people who were like that when they were younger and they did okay with life. As they got older, they kept trying to be the kind of person they really weren't, it scared them somehow, and bad things kept happening. They may have been a professional success, a social success or the opposite on both fronts, but they weren't true to themselves so they never really were as happy and satisfied with themselves as they had the potential to. But now they're coming full circle and realizing, as adults, that power that everyone has inside of them. The power to be true to yourself.

It's so foreign to so many people that we call it Magic. And the one reason why it's so foreign is because we have messages shoved down our throats every day saying we need to be like everyone else. We need to have what they have and look and dress like they do. If you want to fit in with everyone, that's fine. It's even recommended. But keep yourself to yourself at the same time.

These people you call witches? Some never ran from who they really are and they were, in fact, born with an acute sense of awareness for their surroundings.They were born with it and, before you ask "Well why wasn't I?".........be careful what you wish for. There are not be many people on the planet like that, but they are out there. Some however do run from who they are. Some find their way back.......some don't.

But you know what, I can talk about this 'till I'm blue in the face but people just aren't going to get it if they choose to be influenced by the likes Harry Potter and Twilight. Messages like that just bastardize the real thing and, really, the real thing isn't that deep or mystic at all.

It's simple really. And from what I understand..........it's beautiful.

youtu.be...
edit on 1-9-2012 by InTheShadows because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-9-2012 by InTheShadows because: (no reason given)

join