It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney, The Life Saving Hero

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Um if someone is driving with their dog down the highway with their dog in the back of the truck they are just as bad as Romney.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Alxandro

It is noble that Mitt Romney closed his business and ran to his friends aid. But to say he saved a girls life is nothing more than spin.

Oh, and honestly, a real "hero" wouldn't use such a tragic and potentially embarrassing event ( for his friend ) to build an image. Just sayin'.

~Heff

Thank you for bringing it back on topic.
Yes, it is noble, something most people would not expect from someone like Mitt, which is probably why they can't handle it.
Ok, maybe the girl would not have died, but as you state, she probably would have been a victim of "legitimate rape", as in the kind that is consensual one minute, until daddy finds out, then it's rape.

The more important thing is Mitt took action immediately!

But to correct you on something, Romney is not the one trying to build an image with this story.
This is not a new story and he has yet to spike the football, so he does deserve credit yet again.
I just ran across it weeks ago and sat on it, waiting for someone to post and the MSM to report on it.
Never happened.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The whole gay bully farse was proven a lie also....but you people don't read those articles, only the ones the ones that fit your agenda.

. As many critics have pointed out, the original post story got several facts wrong, including the fact that one of the classmates it quoted about the incident now says he wasn’t even aware of it until a few weeks ago when a Post reporter called him to ask about. We’ve also learned that the family members of the alleged victim have objected to the way he was portrayed in the article, and said that he never told them about the alleged incident before he died.

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

The alleged victim is dead, his sister said it never happened and the supposed witness admitted he wasn't even there and never heard of the story until it was going to print. LIES!!

The Washington Post is forced to edit its Mitt Romney gay bullying story because it contained false reporting

americaswatchtower.com... /

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Wow, big surprise....

No I wouldn't and I don't poop in my yard, eat off the floor or ride in the cargo hold of a plane....so what's your point?

None as usual.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There is such disconnect between Romney and the rest of America that I cannot understand where anyone thinks he can be good for the country. If he had not been born into wealth I do not think we would even be having the debate over his worthiness to be president. He bought his position he did not earn it.

How is Romney going to create 12,000,000 jobs what is his plan? Most of what I have been hearing from his campaign is the equivalent of trust me you will have to elect me and then you will find out.

I don’t care about his dog however I have lived in countries where dog and cats are raised for food so I don’t care about that either. I can’t see what he did as being construed as a hero but to each their own.

If he is good for the country I want to know how. I want facts not feel good stories.

However if you want to judge him on how he treats people in general:Hurricane Romney

Mitt also met Jodie Chiarello, a 42-year-old woman who lost her house thanks to Isaac. Since the federal funds did not come to her area a few years back, her house was submerged under water and, now, she has nowhere to go. When Jodie asked Mitt what he could do about the situation, he had a brilliant plan to salvage what was left.

"He just told me to, uhm, there's assistance out there," she told reporters. "He said, 'go home and call 211.'"

the point made by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid yesterday when he chastised Mitt and Paul for even thinking that they could show sympathy for the hurricane victims. A bit harsh? Yes. In a statement, he wrote,

"It is the height of hypocrisy for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan to make a pretense of showing sympathy for the victims of Hurricane Isaac when their policies would leave those affected by this disaster stranded and on their own."

edit on 1-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and spellcheck

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Annee

The whole gay bully farse was proven a lie also....but you people don't read those articles, only the ones the ones that fit your agenda.

Proven by who? Those you want to believe?

In reality - - considering the year - - it was probably a Hippie type - - and had nothing to do with being gay.

I graduated a year before Romney. Gays were not out of the closet at the time.

Bullying people who were different at that time - - was normal.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I only read the snopes verification so I am not sure about who is doing the laundry hanging. I noticed the snopes story got updated on May 11/2012 with the dirt.

I do not trust MSM to tell the truth about Romney. They are the best used car salesmen on the planet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why don't you read the whole post before you reply...I told you who. The victims sister and the supposed "witness".

Goodby Annee.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

What was he supposed to do, take her to his hotel?

Obama hasn't even given them the emergency money they need....deal with the real problem.

President Grants Limited Disaster Declaration,Governor Jindal Requests Full Declaration

www.klfy.com...
edit on 2-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

"He just told me to, uhm, there's assistance out there," she told reporters. "He said, 'go home and call 211.'"

I don't know what the person expected. This is the advice I kept hearing on the radio for resource information during the extended heat wave here.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I went to the website you quoted, all I see are medical marijuana ads. Please stay on topic.

Originally posted by Grimpachi
However if you want to judge him on how he treats people in general:Hurricane Romney

Mitt also met Jodie Chiarello, a 42-year-old woman who lost her house thanks to Isaac. Since the federal funds did not come to her area a few years back, her house was submerged under water and, now, she has nowhere to go. When Jodie asked Mitt what he could do about the situation, he had a brilliant plan to salvage what was left.

the point made by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid yesterday when he chastised Mitt and Paul for even thinking that they could show sympathy for the hurricane victims. A bit harsh? Yes. In a statement, he wrote,

"It is the height of hypocrisy for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan to make a pretense of showing sympathy for the victims of Hurricane Isaac when their policies would leave those affected by this disaster stranded and on their own."

edit on 1-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and spellcheck

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Wow, big surprise....

No I wouldn't and I don't poop in my yard, eat off the floor or ride in the cargo hold of a plane....so what's your point?

None as usual.

Pretty lame rebuttal.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I certainly hope that you're not saying that you need the gov. to tell you right from wrong..not putting an animal in a potentially dangerous situation should be common sense, not a matter for legislation. At least in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

The link is fine maybe it is your seach history.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't think so. I very ANTI-POT!

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by RELDDIR

The link is fine maybe it is your seach history.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

I don't know what the person expected. This is the advice I kept hearing on the radio for resource information during the extended heat wave here.

The person just lost there home. Romney knew that. Most of us do not have 3 and 4 homes to go to. Maybe he thought she had a spare laying around.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Why don't you read the whole post before you reply...I told you who. The victims sister and the supposed "witness".

Goodby Annee.

I did read it.

Picked up the part where she doesn't want her brother used as a political pawn.

"Short Hairs" in 1965 ganging up on a "Long Hair" - - - and cutting his hair was actually quite common.

I have a younger brother too. Doubt he would tell me about such an incident.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I can’t help you there the link works fine for me.

The site wouldn’t do me any good it is illegal here but to be clear I have no problem with it but until it is legal in my state it doesn’t affect me.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

What was he supposed to do, take her to his hotel?

(no reason given)

What exactly are you refering to? I didn't say anything about what he did to her. What exactly did he do to her?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

He told her how to get help, what should he have done...he doesn't have the power to do anything...he doesn't even hold an office right now.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join