I Did 3 Bowls Today – I’m Flyin !

page: 4
45
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Lmao and kudos on the name too. That is what brought me here, to be honest.




posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned
 


Catchy post
though it attracted a crowd for a good cause.
Try playing the harmonics in an enclosed space such as a cave or stone enclosure and it will virtually heal your body and mind in ways most unknown.
Try mixing in 'natural' sounds of natural at the same time: *click ear*

Here

Bowls and Dolphin mix

Imagine what this kind of music could do for prison populations or a local conjested airport, doctors office etc.



posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So i tried the guitar. First and second open strings with standard tuning with meditation was amazing. I fell asleep easily afterwards



posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluemoonsine
reply to post by nimbinned
 


Catchy post
though it attracted a crowd for a good cause.
Try playing the harmonics in an enclosed space such as a cave or stone enclosure and it will virtually heal your body and mind in ways most unknown.
Try mixing in 'natural' sounds of natural at the same time: *click ear*

Here

Bowls and Dolphin mix

Imagine what this kind of music could do for prison populations or a local conjested airport, doctors office etc.


Very cool - Thanks


Mental note : Play bowl in toilet tonight when I get home

Peace - Ned



posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
this video, explains it all.
sorry, i couldn't find the youtube video number, or code.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Puresk1lls because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Amazing!!! Never heard of these until tonight. lucky for me spotify has large selection of tracks. I can honestly feel the difference while listening to these. It's a very unique tingling. I look forward to playing these while I sleep. Thanks for the post.



posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djmarcone



Anyway, this topic will probably be my next research project...


Me too, have to say.
Great thread Op


OP mentioned medication and to that I would add I'm curious as to why the psychiatric fraternity is forcing potentially dangerous medicines (that can damage brain nerve endings) on 'sensitive' people and denying emerging talents exist, that they themselves are using already, and how long have they been doing that, I wonder?

Incidentally I have a 'chest' reaction to blowing on the end of a beer bottle (no I don't drink beer) but I can make a sound out of most bottles, played a wind instrument years ago. The glass vibrates in your fingers, it's pretty cool as the liquid decreases too.

Those with bowls, and they sound interesting, try pouring water from height, then again gently (same level of liquid) and see what difference that makes to the sound, as it's full of oxygen bubbles.

I'm thinking drinking this water would be a positive too, but I'm only guessing.
Nice thread
&
rock on alternatives!



posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
I'm surprised meditation isn't banned here, too.

After all, it is a 'mood altering' practice, right?


What if OP sets himself on fire in a moment of spiritual clarity, protesting all the world's wrongs?

Will we have big brother administrators monitoring your posts, ready to moderate you for discussing something so 'taboo'? Can't let those evil trancers subverting our youth with their mind-warping practices, now can we!?


I could argue this thread is now against the website TOS for encouraging people to 'free their minds'. Clearly this is a dangerous activity that is harmful to the status quo and works to undermine the power of the state.

Reporting this thread for illegal and dissident activity.

[poe's law in action]


If you are accusing me of being an anarchist, then I am guilty as charged !

Throw me to the hounds.




posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I simply wonder how these sounds/harmonics travel through different PSI atmospheres? Or no atmosphere at all. Just curious?



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned
 


Hey i read into your post and found it very intriguing!!

Would you happen to know where i would be able to purchase a legitimate one?

and what kind of incense do you burn?

any and all information would be very useful friend!

Thank you
Mike



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsyMike91
reply to post by nimbinned
 


Hey i read into your post and found it very intriguing!!

Would you happen to know where i would be able to purchase a legitimate one?

and what kind of incense do you burn?

any and all information would be very useful friend!

Thank you
Mike


I would do some research and try to find a Nepalese, Indian or even Balinese homewares importer. Maybe ask at the nearest buddhist monastery.

Do not buy online. Check out and play the bowl before purchasing to test it's quality.

Incense and smudging is very much a personal thing. I prefer to use the raw material as much as possible (ie Frankincense Resin), rather than an incense stick, that's because there are additives in the incense sticks. Utilising smoke in ritual has routes in many spiritual and cultural traditions.

Good Luck

* Ned



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the chuckle, OP.

Ever pulled tubes? Pulling tubes to generate good vibes has a long tradition in Western spirituality, as you can see below:

edit on 9/6/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
Thanks for the chuckle, OP.

Ever pulled tubes? Pulling tubes to generate good vibes has a long tradition in Western spirituality, as you can see below:

edit on 9/6/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)


Thanks for the vid. I have tubular chimes at home - I like the larger ones with the deep tones.

I've made different sized bamboo chimes over the years. They give out a good note too.

The phrase 'pulling tubes' reminds me of my bad old days drinking shots out of test tubes in bars
This is what you meant right ?

* Ned



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

Originally posted by PsyMike91
reply to post by nimbinned
 


Hey i read into your post and found it very intriguing!!

Would you happen to know where i would be able to purchase a legitimate one?

and what kind of incense do you burn?

any and all information would be very useful friend!

Thank you
Mike


I would do some research and try to find a Nepalese, Indian or even Balinese homewares importer. Maybe ask at the nearest buddhist monastery.

Do not buy online. Check out and play the bowl before purchasing to test it's quality.

Incense and smudging is very much a personal thing. I prefer to use the raw material as much as possible (ie Frankincense Resin), rather than an incense stick, that's because there are additives in the incense sticks. Utilising smoke in ritual has routes in many spiritual and cultural traditions.

Good Luck

* Ned




I had never heard of these before reading your op. Thanks for the intro!

After a little digging on the net, I found this seller where you can hear an actual sound clip of the bowls they have for sale .... not cheap but such a beautiful sound.

Try before you buy



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
I'm surprised meditation isn't banned here, too.

After all, it is a 'mood altering' practice, right?


What if OP sets himself on fire in a moment of spiritual clarity, protesting all the world's wrongs?

Will we have big brother administrators monitoring your posts, ready to moderate you for discussing something so 'taboo'? Can't let those evil trancers subverting our youth with their mind-warping practices, now can we!?


I could argue this thread is now against the website TOS for encouraging people to 'free their minds'. Clearly this is a dangerous activity that is harmful to the status quo and works to undermine the power of the state.

Reporting this thread for illegal and dissident activity.

[poe's law in action]


If you are accusing me of being an anarchist, then I am guilty as charged !

Throw me to the hounds.



Actually it was sarcasm.

I'm assuming no one could tell the difference, even after I invoked Poe's Law at the end. Shame on the moderator 'maria_stardust' for being as dull as a spoon. I'll now wait for either this post to be removed as 'off-topic', or for her to try and justify herself with a lame excuse.
edit on 7-9-2012 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
45
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join