It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Did 3 Bowls Today – I’m Flyin !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Miss Sile

Miss, thanks for your beautiful reply.

I hope you live in the right state in terms of possible herbal intervention for your chronic pain. If you are open to that of course. Pharmy's are a bad trip, and should be an absolute last resort.

You are dead-on about industrial pollution. That is why I choose to live in the country. There are natural harmonics that abound in rural areas. Sometimes they are very powerful (even overwheming) if you are sensitive to that kind of thing. Also when I bought my place I made sure that I was outside the phone 'cell' range. Call me paranoid, but I don't need this stuff around me 24 hours a day.

I pray that you can find a natural and healing solution to your pain. Maybe the Bowls are your answer.

Peace to You

* Ned

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by nimbinned

I too realized recently that the rainbow xylophones produce harmonics relevant to the chakras; any idea where I can pick myself up one of these nifty little gadgets.

Hi Veritas,

The ones I have are hand made by a local. I've never seen them anywhere else.

Sorry, can't help with that one.

Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I love singing bowls, they're fun and profound. If I remember correctly, Tibetan bowls are supposed to be made in a certain way and consist of seven metals. I've heard that Tibetan and Japanese singing bowls are considered the best quality. I've also heard that older singing bowls from these areas are highly coveted and apparently their sound quality gets even richer over time.

I have a smaller singing bowl from Tibet which has a lovely sound, though i'd like to eventually afford a larger one because I resonate better with the deeper tones. When I get a migraine, I find that in many cases, my singing bowl helps.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think a hemp and crystal guitar would rock. Since you can make electric guitars out of cigar boxes, why not?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Also, i'm curious about where in the Bible it says not to play with vibrations. I'm very careful about shielding myself from doors that evilness can come through. I'm probably a little over the top when it comes to that, but I see nothing wrong with this. I even see it as being beneficial. If someone has contradictory information I would like to hear and consider it.

Nowhere I'm familiar with...

I was talking with Mrs Marcone the other day and we started discussing the whole idea of increasing your "frequency" to become more spiritually in tune. In particular specific food types that wreck the body's frequency such as sugars and caffeine and so on.

My wife seems to be open to the ideas of the spiritual principles of eastern religions along with things like these bowls and so on,

I think that the spiritual mechanics, so to speak, are not only NOT forbidden in the Christian Bible, but in fact are actually IN THERE.

But at the moment I don't know where and I've never really heard anyone talk about them. The only thing that comes to mind is "opening the eye of your heart" which simply must mean the third eye.

Anyway, this topic will probably be my next research project...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

LOL Sorry but your title is really funny.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I have never heard of Tibetan singing bowls before! I know, sheltered life and all that. But who knew! I will admit, I totally thought you were talking about another kind of bowl. In the beginning at least. But, and you do have my attention. I tried something different. There are lot's of vids in response to your post. So after playing yours. I played them all. At the same time. That was kinda wild! Made me feel all weird and strange, man. And this is through a PC. I gotta look into getting some of these bowls...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You're from Nimbin, and your name is Nimbin Ned. Yep, I love you.

G'day from Adelaide, nice title, I knew it would be something other than what was being proposed.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

G'Day to you LA.

Yes, I shamelessly promote Nimbin because I Love it immensely and I think everyone should come and visit at least once in their lifetime.

We are the happiest hippiest people in the world.

Adelaide is cool though - pretty laid back, at least it was when I was there last.

Love to You

* Ned

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arles Morningside
I love singing bowls, they're fun and profound. If I remember correctly, Tibetan bowls are supposed to be made in a certain way and consist of seven metals. I've heard that Tibetan and Japanese singing bowls are considered the best quality. I've also heard that older singing bowls from these areas are highly coveted and apparently their sound quality gets even richer over time.

I have a smaller singing bowl from Tibet which has a lovely sound, though i'd like to eventually afford a larger one because I resonate better with the deeper tones. When I get a migraine, I find that in many cases, my singing bowl helps.

I think you're spot on Arles - There are meant to be 7 metals in the Tibetan bowls. That is what gives them such an amazing sound. The older bowls are hard to come by because they are kept in buddhist monasteries, or by collectors.

I'm with you - I really connect with the deeper tones. I think because they work more on the solar plexus region which is your strength centre.

Thanks for the reply

* Ned

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

This is something I definitely need to check out. I attended a gong meditation session at the spa my wife worked at, and it was absolutely incredible. I expected a simple relaxing meditative trance kind of deal, but it was SO much more. This seems like a similar experience, but one I can do myself, at home, without thousands of dollars in gong equipment and neighbor waking ; )

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have an accoustic guitar. I wonder if it could similarly be used for mediation with a capo on the right fret. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm+

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
First I would like to say that the clip you provided is very beautiful. I had no idea that instruments like this existed. I really enjoyed. I also wanted to add that I felt compelled to link your thread to my recent one because these bowls sound an awful lot like the noise I heard outside my window lastnight. Eerie coincidence. Check it out if you have time and let me know what you think. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I checked out your recording. The rain was making it hard to isolate the sound you were focusing on, but it did seem to have some similarities to a crystal or metal bowl being played.

It's a small world - maybe you've got an ATS member next door, they saw this thread and decided to get their bowl out and blow the cobwebs off !

There are many spiritual devotees who like to conduct ritual or practice meditation at night because there is less noise pollution. The Hare Krishna's are renowned for hardly sleeping and chanting and praying throughout the night.

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

It's a small world - maybe you've got an ATS member next door, they saw this thread and decided to get their bowl out and blow the cobwebs off !

It wouldn't surprise me if my elderly neighbor upstairs was an ATS'er. He has all kind of strange things to say and opinions on Masonry, Chem trailing and bizarre phenomenon. The sound wasn't localized to just my building complex as my husband took a journey to find its source and could hear it blocks away.

On topic with the OP. I think I want to put my headphones on and meditate to these bowls, the sound resonates well with me.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What a great thread.

I also have been trying to "learn" how to do this. It has taken my stress levels down, thats for sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I think its more due to the scenery before you...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

This "New Age" stuff is not so new age! :3
We are slowly remembering who we used to be. A psychedelic trip indeed, thank you so much for sharing this!
The vibrations and harmonic frequencies really do enhance the meditation and helps get through to the astral realm quicker!
It has that dreamy feeling to it right away! dmt for the win!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Rainbow colored xylophone, defines synesthesia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join